IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Relationships  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Relationships

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minah2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relationships
    Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:45pm
I will be taking my Kalima Shahada next Friday.   I am involved with a Muslim man who says he loves me for the sake of Allah.  What dose that phrase mean.  help to understand 
number41 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 4:02pm

Alhamdullillah!

When come to a matter of ..........HEARTS   More often than not, the expert who knows you best turns out to be you. Everyone is always saying that you have to listen for the inner voice that guides you to your own best answers.

Best of Luck...

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:58pm

Loving someone for the sake of Allah means to love them for Allah. That he loves you for your good qualities , goodness in your heart and on for the sake of Allah because Allah too loves your good qualities, good deeds and so on. Love in Islam is also a link with God you see, not only between two people loving each other, but two people loving each other to please AllahLovong for the sake of Allah is loving in a person that which pleases Allah and not liking in a person that which does not please Allah. A husband and his wife, yes also love each other for the sake of Allah

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:31pm

Originally posted by Minah2 Minah2 wrote:

I will be taking my Kalima Shahada next Friday.   I am involved with a Muslim man who says he loves me for the sake of Allah.  What dose that phrase mean.  help to understand 

Bismillah and salaams,

The brother is right.  But the bottom line for you to know is that he meant it as a sincere compliment and expression of devotion to you.

Congratuations on your shahada, Sister.  May our Loving Lord guide and protect you.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Farwa_Syeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farwa_Syeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 4:24am

congrats sis minah for seekinf rite path vich iz nothing but islam.

Salam(peace)

Islam is a way of life, try it. Islam is a gift, accept it.Islam is a goal, achieve it.Islam is not a game, don't play with it .Islam has a message for you, hear it. Islam is love, love it .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic