IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mother Day in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mother Day in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mother Day in Islam
    Posted: 29 March 2007 at 2:50am

I have been inspired by so many people writing about the "Mother Day". I think it's nice to try to repay mothers for all they have done for us, although we will never be able to.

I guess in the West the whole family gather around "Mother" on that day and celebrate the day by making a big party, in the way they show love for their beloved Mums, but most of the year parents do live all alone (if one of them dies their spouse has to live all alone).

In Islam it's not that way, we don't celebrate what is called "Mother Day", because we consider our parents are something sacred, holy and even godly, and thereby, we consider all the days of the year are "Mother Days". We in the Islamic world, never unhand parents nor do we leave them alone, they will be living in the family house and they always are the king and queen, always at the top of the social hierarchy; if all kids get married parents will stay with one of them at their( son's/daughter's) house or the kids with their spouses come and stay at the parents' house (family house), so they will never be alone.

But in the West the case is just different, when kids grow older and scatter around: some get married and some stay with their lovers (girl/boy friends) rather than with parents, and poor parents will be left all alone suffering from loneliness and get through all kinds of difficulties and pains as they are getting older and weaker.

We consider unhanding parents when they really need us at their side, we consider it  as  just like betraying them and deny their right to live a honorable life with dignity and love, as they were the very reason of what we are now: they have helped us ( and they were every thing to us when we were infants: we  were 100%  dependents on them), but when the time comes when they need us for their simplest necessities,  people throw them at any governmental  house for elderly people to look after them; would they do it when we were infants and children: NEVER.

While they are at their exile (if u like) all the months of the year, kids do feel ashamed and visit them that day or at other particular days of the year " Christmas,��etc"

As I said we in the Islamic world take care of parents and try to repay them for what they always do for us, they live and die among us, enjoying our love, veneration and reverence. Still I can say: few people here celebrate the Mother Day " but the implications of celebrating it is sill different than it's in the West ( I would describe  the latter as an apology rather than a celebration or a party, apology from kids to parents as to: we have always ignored you and we are trying to compensate for it)

And also; there few are few people here send their parents to some refuges to take care of them.

I take this opportunity to call upon all who have parents still alive to MARK THE 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR AS " PARENTS' DAY" EVERY DAY IS THE PARENTS' DAY .

Thank you and I do not mean to offend any body.

R   regards to all,

YShaheed

pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:59am
Dear Shaheed, how could an offense be taken against your kindness? Your kindness and thoughts are what every parents would greatly appreciate. Happy Parents' Day.   
Neima Abduljeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neima Abduljeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:00am

peace and blessings of Allah be up on all of us.

For me every day is mother's day as far my mother is alive.

Resul SAW said to one of the Sahabah that Mother's have 3/4 share of the rights on their children the remaining 1/4 is for the dads.  ( not the exact meaning but the sense of the hadith is translated).  You see the problem with this modern life is every thing and every body is programmed based on the secular way of life which disregards the emotional part of the family.  Insha-Allah if a time comes in which my parents need me badly like caring for them, I will try to arrange it in a way that I will not send them as a failed person to their grave.  What I mean is that I will show them How I am proud of them and try to build a relationship which will make them proud of me.

You know what I mean, with all the sayings of the western's tradition of mother's day I am disgusted of sending parents to care centers.

Weselamu aleykum Werahmetulahiweberkatuh.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic