IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where have all the Debators gone?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere have all the Debators gone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where have all the Debators gone?
    Posted: 28 March 2007 at 12:04am

I used to come on here and debate with people who had a negative opinion about Islam or the Islamic world.  But now I don't see people like that anymore.  Which makes this a really boring place. 

What's the point of having a forum where everyone agrees with everyone else?  It's no better than Fox News.  I mean there is some debate, but its never heated.  The only people that provide dissenting opinions are internet trolls who don't know how to write proper English and make outrageous claims just to ellicit a response.

Are there any forums, where I can get this fix?  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I'm thinking about going to some right wing forum and stirring up a ruckus there but I don't know of any good ones where I can actually debate with someone instead of receiving racial slurs and bad English.

number41 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 5:56pm

Oh come on...Megatron, lets have some constructive topics starting  from you. Get it rolled out...and get it sparked with some robotic chanting......something..... It isn't fair to just sit and lamented the past.

Hey, I am new here and I have been to the other sites....full of bl**dy craps less to say about bad choppy English...not worth getting stressed. I am getting back my time, with my surfing board.....to the better side of the 'beach and beautiful strong waves'. Please join us.....

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
Neima Abduljeli View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 2:00am

I am new here and I don't see your frustration.  I joined this forum with the objective of getting people whose usinque character is their interest in religion whether they are muslims or non-muslims. I am specifically interested in Islam related issues. 

I don't uderstand what you mean by every body agrees. You can disagree in some points.  In my country there is a saying which means that they agreed not to to agree on the disagreement.  We can't do that but we can debate if you can site us even the ones you were interested which was in this forum in the past. Any ways as number 41 said it the ball is in your cour. Get it rolled out and excite us. 

For your information imah 77 posted a site that you may browse. For me If I wanted to browse any other issues I can go to Yahoo or msn etc. ..  But I am interested in this site.

Hope you will join us in our long exciting journey.

About our language, English is not our mother tongue .  Please bear our weaknesses.  Thank you for that.   But.. we will try harder to improve it which will benifit ourselves first and then the ones we communicate. 

Expecting to see some sparks that we can highlight on. 

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 5:43am

To the newbies, the reason why you don't get megatron is that you haven't been here for as long as some of us have. It's true things have been somewhat on the quiet side for a bit now (I even haven't posted as much lately  ) and no heated discussions.

megatron, I guess people are........on a break  or maybe 07 is the year of silence  which i highly doubt   

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:16pm

I'm still here!!! :)

I know so many of you are glad to hear that but hey oh well.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
number41 View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 5:42pm

Guys....we have our team formed there is Neima, Angel , Ops154 and me.......so Megatron...please get recharged before you double click to post the reply....

Did I hear your say you need 15 pax? Like the Cricket team? ooohhhhh....Are we outnumbered???

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
Neima Abduljeli View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:43am

Peace and blessings of Allah be up on all of us.

I was thinking about this forum while I was going to the office... The Car infront of me has a sticker which says " This world will not be saved with out virgin Mary". What do you say about this quotation?

Oh you two , Angel and Megatron, take care  and be as energetic as you were.  The earth is rotating as it was rotating in 2006. 

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

I used to come on here and debate with people who had a negative opinion about Islam or the Islamic world.  But now I don't see people like that anymore.  Which makes this a really boring place. 

What's the point of having a forum where everyone agrees with everyone else?  It's no better than Fox News.  I mean there is some debate, but its never heated.  The only people that provide dissenting opinions are internet trolls who don't know how to write proper English and make outrageous claims just to ellicit a response.

Are there any forums, where I can get this fix?  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I'm thinking about going to some right wing forum and stirring up a ruckus there but I don't know of any good ones where I can actually debate with someone instead of receiving racial slurs and bad English.

Bismillah and Salaams,

Brother, you know how long the list of good Muslim debaters is that they kicked off.  I wouldn't credit myself with those attributes, but I know that they banned me for disagreeing with them, and they are doing it over and over again.  Maybe you mean someone like Knowledge or Community. 

I know that I take a stand for what I believe in.  I believe in worshipping Allah, Al-Wahad, The One, not our beloved prophets or any scholars.  When people are blind to the true and obvious facts in front of them, how much is there to talk about?  They quote a bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic at hand trying to intimidate people, and it doesn't work with me.  I just find it childish and annoying that they feel they succeeded when in reality, I don't call wading through mud debating or even discussing things.

Bring up a topic, I'd be glad to try to discuss it with you.  But then again, I'd need my email notification to work as I simply don't have the time these days to check all of the topics for a thread that I'm following.

Salaams.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic