IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favourite surah in the Quran....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite surah in the Quran....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite surah in the Quran....
    Posted: 27 March 2007 at 8:52am

Questions are for Muslim members ONLY. (Sorry NON Muslim is not allowed to participate).

To my brothers and sisters in Islam,  Assalamu Alaikum ,

I am a new member here, with just one star but no stripes . I have been reading your posts, looking at your Avatars, and at your profiles. I believe that when people change, their profiles will change to .  I would like to get to know each one of you better, in person.

Here is the question: -

There are 114 surahs in the Quran.  I am interested to know if given a chance to choose only one surah, which one you pick as your favorite.  

Please share your views and the main reasons for the choice that you have made.

Here is my choice�..

S55. ar-Rahman: The Merciful

It has 78, poetical and mystical verses, out of which there are 31 times interspersed the refrain : Fabi-ayyi ala-I rabbikuma Tukaththbani (which is it, of the favors of your Lord, that ye deny?) My Lord asked me 31 times, and yet I do not have the answer to His questions. Subhanallah. You Are The Most Merciful , O GOD , ALLAH There Is No Other GOD But You.

New members, please join in, respectful moderators I need to know you, and Senior members�.I need your guidance to show me the right path.

Thank you for the time....... Jazakallah Khair.

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:20am

As Salamu alaikum

If I have to chose only one Surah I will chose Surah Al-Baqarah for two reasons.

It is the Surah which details our way of life and secondly it is one of the surahs which will shade us and intercede for us on the day of Judgment. Well actually the Quran as a whole will intercede for us Insha Allah

Wa Alaikum Salam

Edited by Alwardah
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 4:24am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Wa'alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu

SubhanAllah every letter of Holy Quran is a pearl, but one surah that i have most attachment to is Surah Ikhlas. The reason i am not completely sure, it is said that you like something first and then you try to justify that feeling.

Surah Ikhlas describes our Most Gracious Lord, He is free of any need from us but He is so Mercifull to us.

On a side note, you would get to know the members with time inshaAllah, just remember few posts are not always representative of a person's true self. You got to be around to see the hots and colds of some1 to know them properly. But make sure that inshaAllah you are sincere in your heart and inshaAlla Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala would help you knowing people.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
number41 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 5:34pm

Dear both, Thanks and InshaAllah, if time permits and with your supports I will be here more often.

Salam.

'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi
Desting2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desting2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:53pm
since I'm muhafizah..Alhamdolillah

I would say Ida waqi'ah is my favourite....this Surah talks about Qiyaham ( hereafter)
number41 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 4:07pm

Dear Desting2,

Thanks, I read surah Waqiah whenever I feel overwhelmed with too much to do with too little time....MashaAllah!

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 6:05am

As'salamualaikum,

This one is tough as well as very intresting one. Even now am unable to let it know. But a gud one. Insha-allah let it know tomm.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 11:22pm
Its really tough one to say. I perhaps like "surah Nahl" as it effected me very much. It would always be dear to be. But :Inna laha ala kulli shayyin khadeer" No doubt Allah commands upon all, always boosts me up and instills in confidence.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic