IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need Help and advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help and advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help and advice
    Posted: 24 March 2007 at 8:29am

Salam guyz,

I'll be short and to the point. I need ur advice abt a very serious matter. I met up with this guy in the university a couple of days back, he's from yugoslavia or something. He told me that although he is a muslim by name but he he doen't know anything about Islam because of the environment he grew up in and now his christian friends are trying to convert him to christianity. I need ur advice as to how i can help him, I asked a lot of my muslim friend's to be extra nice to him and treat him very kindly. I don't know if its working r not but any sugeestions????

thnx  

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 9:01am
Originally posted by .:: SoHaIB ::. .:: SoHaIB ::. wrote:

now his christian friends are trying to convert him to christianity. thnx  

And you know this from just a couple of days of meeting him?  

Has he told you so?

And how much do you know of and about his friends?

Are they converting or teaching or just talking about christianity ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 9:13am
Originally posted by .:: SoHaIB ::. .:: SoHaIB ::. wrote:

I need ur advice as to how i can help him

you don't, unless he ask for information on islam, otherwise it can be taken as you are trying to convert him. If he wants to know something then be there.

Quote I asked a lot of my muslim friend's to be extra nice to him and treat him very kindly.

just be yourselves.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 11:26am

Don't get discourage by angel's comment.

Excactly what help you require. If you want stuff about Islam and comparative religion, I think you get many on the net.

.:: SoHaIB ::. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:49pm
Oo Angel man ..or woman u got it all wrong. This guy is not my friend but i know him. He wants to know more about islam.... HE told me that his friends are trying to convert him to christianity and he doesn't know anything about islam....yeah and try to be kinda positive k.
.:: SoHaIB ::. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by abuzaid abuzaid wrote:

Don't get discourage by angel's comment.

Excactly what help you require. If you want stuff about Islam and comparative religion, I think you get many on the net.

thnx abuzaid, I have all the stuff but i just wanna know how can i help to bring him more closer to islam. If i just give him lots of books, he might take it as a burden cuz he is a new guy. He came to some prayers and we are trying make him fit in the community. I hope that helps him, What would u do in my place ??

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 5:41am

As Salamu Alaikum

I agree with Sr Angel just be yourself.

A Muslim who is truly a Muslim is the best teacher by his own example.

It's human nature, after a while we tend to imitate our friends.

Salams

ps. there is a lot of good article on this forum as well and in the main section of IC

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
abuzaid View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 6:18am

Ok Brother .:: SoHaIB ::.

You are right, you should not be a burden on him. You or someone knowledgeable person should try to get closer to him in person. I mean you should be personal freind of him for the sake of Allah SW. and clear him about the stance of few fundamental things of Islam. If you make him clear in these fundamentals no one can convert him.

1. Tawheed, you should make him clear about Tawheed of Ruboobiyyah, uloohiyyah, Taheed of self and Tawheed in names and attributes of Allah SW. This should be made clear in the specific comtext of trinity (or tritheism). Also you to have make clear that Allah is perfect and any imperfection cannot be attributed to Him.

2. Explain the Islamic concept of Prophethood.

3. Explain the concept of hereafter, conditions for salvation and reward and punishment.

while explaining these three points you may have to explain, concept of angels, holy scripture etc.

Finally, guidance is in the hand of Allah SW, you should pray for him and ask others to pray for his guidance.

May Allah guide this brother and all of us on The true path .

Those who are trying to tell that we shall only be example for others and shouldn't try to propagate light of truth, should know that enjoining Good and forbidding evil is one of the foremost duty of all the muslims. And to put the condition that we should do it only by action and avoid inviting others towards truth is just an additional restriction from you and not from Allah SW.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic