IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim Fiction  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Fiction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim Fiction
    Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:35pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

I love Muslim fiction! Sadly, I haven't come across much... but I thought I'd recommend three books I have read...and totally loved.  These would be great for a Sister's halaqa or gifts for a new revert or Muslim girl or woman.  I don't know if they'd appeal to boys/men... I see them as Muslim Chic Lit. LOL :D

"If I Should Speak" by Umm Zakiyyah  The story of three college roommates... one a Christian, one a practicing Muslim, and one a Muslim who has fallen away from her faith.  Really good.  Surprise ending. :)

"The Voice" by Umm Zakiyyah.  Sequal to "If I Should Speak."  As enjoyable as the first book, follows the story of two of the roommates.

"Darling, if You Luv Me, Would You Please Smile" by Rukhsana Khan.  Rukhsana's "Muslim Child" is one of my favorite books to read to younger Muslims... the story about the boy who farts during fajr is always popular with that crowd. :)  This is a book for an older audience... the story of a Muslim girl growing up in Canada.  Highly recommended.

So... what books do you like??

Peace.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic