IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question
    Posted: 17 March 2007 at 3:44pm

Salaams,

I just wanted to ask if anyone can help how do you find out which is best to follow.

sufi, salafi, hanafi(spelling?),hanabli(spelling?),shaafi', I don't know are there others?

Does it matter to be muslim do you need to follow one or do you just choose and how do you choose?

Aminah

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 12:17am

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu,

As far as i know we need not select a sect and follow it. Lets try to act according to the Teachings of Qur'an as well as the sunnah. See that whatever we do is acc to to it just to pleassse Allah ta'ala. B.cos on the day of judgement we are not judged based on the sect we belong to accordingly. I wish our other members too to highlight there answer here.

As'salamualaikum

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
mohammad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 2:09am

I do agree with brother seekshidayath that just attempt to follow the Qurain and sunnah. No doubt that Hanfi, Malki, Shafi etc. were the prominent scholars and they did the lot of work on Islam, and they explain the things in details which are make easier to understand about the religious but as per my little knowledge it is not compulsory for some one to must be adopt one of these.

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 4:55am

Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim,

Of all what you have named, none are sects.

Hanafi, Hambali, Shafii and Maliki are madhabs according to fiqh. The scholars of Sunni Islam say that you must be following any,  which ever is most convenient for you to do. This means you can choose the madhab, of your nearest community which preferably is also the madhab of the imam of your mosque. The advantage of doing this would be that you will find a number of people insha allah who can help you with the general fiqh rulings in it.

For every muslim there is a`certain knowledge which is obligatory.  It is neccessary for him to learn the rulings of which in order to make his worship sound. This is based on the sacred law, and varies according to the madhab, thus most convenient for a person is to learn and follow from those who already know it. Insha allah. It is usually cumbersome and time consuming for an ordinary muslim, especially a new muslim to learn all these rulings by himself, thus the surest way of geting started correctly is by learning the religion from a practicing muslim whose understanding is based on traditional Isalm.

Doing everything on your own is not possible. Plus the Quran says, if you know not then ask those who know. [surah an nisa]

As for the sufis and salafis, obviously follow the sufis, or will be thoroughly confused :p

If you have any followups, you can PM me

Khair insha allah!

Adab with Allah is the proper fruit of obedience - Habib Ali Jifri
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 11:04pm
Hmm. Jazakallah Umm Taha for your right answer.Its a good reminder otherwise i was vexed up with this question in my daily life. But today i got an exact answer i was looking for.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
mohammad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 6:38am

Is it obligatory for every one to must follow one of each Madhab?

we assuming that if some one like one thing from Hanfi madhab he is adopting that and the same person other thing he likes from the Malki Madhab and he praticing that. Then will some thing wrong.

The theme of my question is this that a person can praticing more than one madhabs at the same time.

Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 10:48am

ASA,

Thanks

It may take me some time to sort out which is best for me. Really strange that you can follow more than one or none at all.

Aminah

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 10:35pm
Br. Rami you are needed here pleaseeeee. Waiting for your post regarding this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic