IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Messiah in Judaism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Messiah in Judaism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Messiah in Judaism
    Posted: 15 March 2007 at 7:20pm

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

Can Mochiah and other members quote Jewish holy books which describe the Messiah/Moshiach on this thread.

In particular I would like to know where it says that the Moshiah will carry the double edged sword of David and the staff of Moses.

mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 7:44pm

Wow this will take a while the machiach and the world to come can be found in most books but let us start with the most describing book yechezkiel 34-48

Ps: The mochiah will be King David (descendent of)

Edited by mochiah
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 7:48pm

Carefull this thead has been hijacked my poststs have been deleted and you cant even see it has!!!!

Edited by mochiah
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 8:44pm

Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

Can Mochiah and other members quote Jewish holy books which describe the Messiah/Moshiach on this thread.

That was the Question to Quote from the Tanach the verses that refer to the machiach.

I continued doing this and then I saw you deleted my previous Quotes so:

I deleted that one myself and you might aswell delete the thread!

If I am asked a Question and you delete my answers then bad luck for you

And Sawtul Khilafah asked the question and opened the thread not you andalus so it is not your job to edit my posts on this thread it is his!!!! If he judges that the information i am giving him is of topic. You are not him !!!!

Edited by mochiah
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 10:38am

mochiah I have read the Old Testament but I did not find any clear evidence that the Messiah will have the staff of Moses or the sword of David. If it says so in the Talmud, Zohar or any other book, can you please quote them and show us where. Thank you

And yes, I think this thread is the right place for long copy and pastes, but no need to copy and paste from Old Testament as it is easily available from the internet, a refrence is enough, but in the case of Talmud and other books quote as long as you want.

Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by mochiah mochiah wrote:

a shoot [This is symbolic of] the royal scepter.

This isnt proof, it's just an interpretation. And how do you know it means the same as the staff of Moses ????

I want to see where Jewish Rabbis got the idea that the staff of Moses will be with the Messiah. Is it just an assumption based on the interpretation of a few verses in Isaiah and psalms ? Or is there a clear evidence ?

Do the Talmud or Zohar have clear prophecies regarding this ?

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah
mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 1:22pm

a good site about all things concerning the mochiah is

http://www.moshiach.com/

To have the israelite(jewish) translation of the bible with commentary of Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki)(1040-1105 C.E.)Rashi was the outstanding Biblical commentator of the Middle Ages.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=63255

Another good translation is http://www.mechon-mamre.org/ but it is too litteral sometimes.

If you dont know hebrew the best way is too read both and to understand the tekst thru both sites

mochiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Originally posted by mochiah mochiah wrote:

a shoot [This is symbolic of] the royal scepter.

This isnt proof, it's just an interpretation. And how do you know it means the same as the staff of Moses ????

Do you remember the story of the staff of moses? That it grew in the garden of Yithro.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic