IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let’s Try Part 1  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLet�s Try Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 137>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 5:55am
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:35am

As Salamu Alaikum

1. Read! In the Name of your Lord -Surah Al-Alaq 96: 1-5

2. Don't know

3. Ascending - Subhanallah - Descending - Allahu Akbar

4. Abu Bakr Siddique (Radhi Allahu Anhu)

5. verse 205 I think not sure or maybe 204

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 12:28pm
Ascding and Descending?,could please someone tell me their connections with Sunnah....
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:38pm

As'salamualaikum wa rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,,

Glad to see the response Alwaradah. Your gift will be reaching at your place . But u score 4 of 5 again so i take my gift back .

O.K serious now , Answers for all those are

1. Which was the first revealed verse of the Qur'an?

A] First five verses of surah Alaq. I had reason to ask this question just to remind the importance of this verse which says "Iqra bi ismi rabbikal lazi khalaq" which means read by the name of Allah ------ And we muslims are practicing inly read and left the other part ,i.e to imbibe islam in our studies. Whatver we do, lets give it a color of islam" I heard this in a speech sent by my teacher. It was indeed heart felting one. Anyways lets go for next

2. Name the companion of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam, who sent a letter  thru a woman to the authorities in Makkah informing them about the secret preparations and attack on Makkah?

It was Hatib bin Abl Baltaa.

But this letter cud not reach the concerned people at makkah, as Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam, knew of this thru divined inspiration and so he sent Ali and zubair raziallah ta'ala anhuma to recover it.

3.Whats the remembrance as per sunnah while ascending or descending?

Al-Bukhari with Al-Fath 6/135 : Jaabir raziallah ta'ala anhu said that while ascending we would say "Allah o Akbar" and while descending we would say "subhanallah". So when u move up or down either thru accelarators ot lifts or either climb steps lets follow this sunnah.

4. Which of the sahabas accompanied Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam while Hijrah?

Yes, its Abu Bakr Siddique raziallah ta'ala anhu

5. "And bring your Lord to remembrance in your {very} soul , with humility and remember without loudness in words, in the morning  and evenings; and be not those who are unheedful "
This is the verse from Al-Araf. Can you find out its number?

205- Al-Araf.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:48pm

Next set of questions

1.Who are the appointed angels over us. It would be easier if we support this answer by the verse of Holy Qur'an which speaks of it.

2. Acc to Suran Asr - "Man  is in heavy loss except -------? Except whom?

3.How was Abu-l-Aas, one of the sahabas, also related to our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam

4.How does islam guide a person in making decsisions or choosing proper course?

5.Which was the verse recited  by Abu Bakr raziallah ta'ala anhu when Umar Raziallah ta'ala anhu was not ready to accept the newz of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam's death?

Perhaps i will be very late to reply. Mostly by wednesday. Kindly bear it.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 2:47am

As Salamu alaikum

Not really sure what you mean by the first question but this is the Ayat that refers to the angels:

But Verily over you (are appointed angels) to watch you,

Kiraman (honourable) Katibin (recorders) (writing down your deeds)

Surah Al-Infitar 82:10-11

Question 2: Man is at a loss except those who believe and do righteous deeds and help each other to the truth and help each other to be patient.

Question 3 I think the Prophet's (Sallallahu alayhi wa Sallam) wife Khadijah (Radhi Allahu anha) was his materal aunt- not sure

Question 4 - I think you mean performing Salatul-Istikharah

Question 5 I know the Ayat is in surah Al-Imran but not sure of the verse no.

I really think you should make the questions more easy so everyone can try to participate.

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 3:27am

Alwardah Give others too a chance . So quick

But yes.  u are wrong again at question No :3. All are right. Try it. He's a companion of Prophet saws as well as a very close relative.

Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:47pm

As'salamualaikum WRWB,
Alwardah, all of your answers are right. Actually i had the other answer in my mind. Abu-I Aas was certainly related to Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam thru Khadija raziallah ta'ala anha, but i had other close relation in my mind. So i stated'it wrong.
Well, i would like to discuss all the answers. Insha-allah next time onwards i would like to quest easy. Even today u have  a tough one.
I feel whats the fun in easy question. We all know those minimum. Anyways, insha-allah tomm onwards , will quest easy ones.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 137>
  Share Topic