IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - temporary marriage with prostitute??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

temporary marriage with prostitute??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temporary marriage with prostitute??
    Posted: 10 March 2007 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Sulooni posted this above:

"Here is another fatwa from sistani.org
Question: Is it permissible to be party to temporary marriage with a woman who is �known for adultery�, if no other woman is available and the person is in desperate need of marriage?
Answer: Based on obligatory precaution, one should refrain from marrying such a woman except after her repentance."

My question is this:  Are men required to repent in Islam when they have committed fornication and/or adultery?

God's Peace.

Ofcourse. Adultery is just as bad for men as it is for women.

And please stop quoting Sistani, that guy is a 12 Imami Shiah (Shiahs are a minority, less than 10% of Muslims) and he is also an ally of the United States of America and even supports the US war on Iraq !!

"Ayatullah" Ali Sistani :

This guy does NOT represent Muslims.

Hello Sawtul Khilafah,

You misjudge me.  I was only asking a question from my own mind.  I have never even heard of Ali Sistani.  It was not my intention to make you angry.  But I am pleased that you gave me the answer I was looking for.

Peace be with you.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Question: Is it permissible to be party to temporary marriage with a woman who is �known for adultery�, if no other woman is available and the person is in desperate need of marriage?
Answer: Based on obligatory precaution, one should refrain from marrying such a woman except after her repentance."

My question is this:  Are men required to repent in Islam when they have committed fornication and/or adultery?

God's Peace.

Ofcourse. Adultery is just as bad for men as it is for women.

And please stop quoting Sistani, that guy is a 12 Imami Shiah (Shiahs are a minority, less than 10% of Muslims) and he is also an ally of the United States of America and even supports the US war on Iraq !!

"Ayatullah" Ali Sistani :

This guy does NOT represent Muslims.

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 8:23am

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by nu001 nu001 wrote:

[QUOTE=Sawtul Khilafah]

I saw your link and it does not prove what you say, rathar i tend to believe the words of Allah, not the word of Imams/hadith for which there is no aproval from Allah.

Only Allah can declare something Haram and Halal. If Allah didnt, no man can. Here is the related ayat from Quran; what do you mean by this?

(...Except the forbidden women) the rest are lawful unto you to seek them with gifts from your property, provided that you desire protection, not fornication. So for whatever you have had of pleasure with them by the contract, give unto them their appointed wages as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what you both agree after fulfilling the duty. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise. (Quran 4:24)

Peace

You say you dont believe in the words of Imams but believe in the Qur'an ????

Well... the Qur'an itself NEVER allows Temporary Marriage, but it's the interpretations by some scholars and clerics that say verse 24 of Surah Nisa is about Temporary Marriage.

The verse itself say NOTHING about temporary marriage but is about Mihr/alimony.

Show me where in the verse Allah says "temporary" ???

Now I will tell you why your "ayatullahs" claim that this verse is to do with "Temporary marriage". They claim that just because the word used in the Ayah (Istamata) has the same roots as Mut'ah, and just because the term used in the HADITH for temporary marriage is MUT'AH NISA, then somehow this verse must also be about Temporary marriage!!!

This is idiotic, especially since words with the same root as "Mut'ah" have been used for all kinds of things (including Sins).

As for the rest, I've explained on the link.

nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Here I have proven that "Temporary Marriage" is Haram:

http://truemuslim.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=531& st=0

I saw your link and it does not prove what you say, rathar i tend to believe the words of Allah, not the word of Imams/hadith for which there is no aproval from Allah.

Only Allah can declare something Haram and Halal. If Allah didnt, no man can. Here is the related ayat from Quran; what do you mean by this?

(...Except the forbidden women) the rest are lawful unto you to seek them with gifts from your property, provided that you desire protection, not fornication. So for whatever you have had of pleasure with them by the contract, give unto them their appointed wages as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what you both agree after fulfilling the duty. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise. (Quran 4:24)

Peace

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 3:10pm

Here I have proven that "Temporary Marriage" is Haram:

http://truemuslim.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=531& st=0

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2007 at 10:37am
Yeah just hire a maid guys!
C6H12O6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C6H12O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2007 at 8:06am

yeah this is news to me. why would you want a temp. marriage?

i heard of shias doing this but i tried not to even listen. the concept if over my head. don't care. won't listen.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic