IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gujrat riots  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gujrat riots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gujrat riots
    Posted: 26 February 2007 at 10:23pm

GUJRAT : As soon as any one familiar to this word turns grave as riots flash thru his mind. Its five years from now that  but still this wound is still not yet healed.

But here's a story of a youngster who actively participated in the riots but Alhamdullilah is now a muslim. His journey towrds islam is an intresting as well as a source of imaan for us too. AS said earlier in one of the threads that these stories, are articles from a urdu newspaper wherein interviews of reverts are published.
Lets have a look at his journey towards Islam.

People who know me call me "Yuvraj Takur". I belonged to an aristocratic family of a landlord. My br-in-law is a political leader  though belonged to BJP at first but later changed to congress. We had our own college wherein i studied, I hated Islam very much. I hated them so much that i did not even allowed mulims to  enter my college.

During those riots, soon after Godhra incident, i along with my friends actively participated in the riots. We burnt about 60-70 people  of the village alive. In all the excitement of  our young age we moved on and on. We commited all the inhuman act. Let me tell u that my group was of 8 youngsters. Well, we moved till the interiors of Gujrat at a place called saharanpur. This place is famous for its historical mosque. Its said that islam spread from here. Perhaps the first mosque of Gujrat. We decided to demolish it. We entered the premises. Tried to demolish the wall but all our strikes were in vain. It seemed that our iron bars were made of wood. we were tired  but in anguish decided to break down the boundary wall which was recently built by the villagers. We were successful here but later entered again to demolish the mosque. Atlast we decided to burn it. Petrol was bought and one of my friends tried to dip the cloth into petrol and burn. Instead he himselves got burnt. We all could do nothing. He dies on the spot. We returned and within 2 weeks other 4 friends died. It seems that they had similar signs of death. Other two lost there mental balance. This made me to fear that i was the only one left now. What would happen to me? With this thought which disturbed me very much and led to no peace of mind, i left for that mosque. During nights, i used to visit that mosque and prostrate. I cried bitterly and prayed "O God of muslims Forgive me"  And thus spent those days

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 10:25pm

Here i would like to discuss few dreams during those days. I had a series of dreams of  both hell and heaven. I ince saw my friends who were dead in hell. They were dragged over iron thorny bars . There flesh would peel off and become like first. They were dragged again . They were hanged and  beaten severly  by the jallads. These people pleaded that hereonwards they would not harm muslims or mosques. And the jallads there would answer that the time to seek forgiveness is over.  In this way i deamt many of hell. I would go mad with these dreams.

I also dreamt of heaven. Ponds of Milk, Beautiful lakes of cool water that i could see my own picture in it clearly. Lakes of honey, and also wine. I asked them that wine is considered wrong drink na but was answered "No, this wine is not that of world.  And once i saw myselves in beautiful gardens. And once big tree, a very big one. There i heard the voices saying "Allah o Akbar". thrice.

Once i was asked to say "La ilaha illal la" and when i repeated it, i was served by beautiful girls and boys too. And when i  woke up i found  a new chang ein me. Riots still continued in Gujrat and i felt very bad for the muslims. Anyways when i went to Ahmedabad's jama Masjid, i found people feared alot. They doubted me as i belonged to a political party as well a non-muslim. Atlast  Imam sahab {If you have read a thread of "invaluable wealth" in this column then u must be remembering the imam sahab who board the bus" He's the same imam who helped Yuvraj in embracing islam} helped me and now i was a muslim {Allah o AKBAR} I was named sohail. Imam sahab asked me to hide my religion for sometime.

I reached home and secretly read the books gifted by imam sahab. After few days decided to go for a 40 days training session jamaat. But was tough to leave my home for 40 days. So i booked the tickets of a trip to Goa so taht my family members would not doubt me and handed those to my friends. IAnd thus left for a jamaat. During those day i went thru some other books wherein hell and heaven were described. I was awstruck when i found that the description here was same as i dreamt. Anyways i had a very  good time there.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 10:26pm

I returned home and when was once offering salah in my room, was seen by my servant. All my family members gathered when he said "chotay maalik musalmaan ki tarah namaaz padh rahe hain". I was asked to choose either to be at home or leave. I decided to leave. It was not tough for me to decide. But my father stopped me and asked me to hand him ATM cards, Credit cards as well as Cell. I left them and left home bare handed. I lived hungry for many days., With the little money i had, i buyed biscuits and prayed before eating them that ALLAh give me strength of about three days with these. And alhamdullilah i did not feel hungry for three days. I later worked in a hotel and the owner was very hospitable to me. He connected me to Imaam sahab and thus i reached out there. I was in a very good company. Mualana sahab taught me many things, I read many books esp stories of sahabas.

I had all hatred even by the name of muslim earlier but now alhamdullilah i would be happy if i were martyred as a muslim. By the imaginations of the dreams of hell stir me alot. I pray Allah to bestow this grace to  my family too.

{This story is in brief but i tried to convey its synopsis to my best. Many spelling mistakes tooooo.}     

Farwa_Syeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farwa_Syeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 2:48pm

asalam-o-alaikum

I wud like to congrats all reverters for accepting islam n for seeking truthful path.May Allah(SWT)bless u all n make u as strength of islam(not like majority of by birth muslims who r infact weakness of islam) n strengthen ur beliefs(Aameen).Best if luck for all walks of life.

Salam

Islam is a way of life, try it. Islam is a gift, accept it.Islam is a goal, achieve it.Islam is not a game, don't play with it .Islam has a message for you, hear it. Islam is love, love it .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic