IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Concept of Absolute-Hinduism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concept of Absolute-Hinduism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 4:43am

Salaam

Bharatiya

I have already adopted such a stance.  I need not again.  I know what you mean by Allah.

I find this site to be more helpful for them who do not know the meaning of Allah. http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/tawheed/conceptofgo d.html

Peace and Love.

Its encouraging to read your comments, with regards to the stance you had taken. I feel it may be difficult for some muslims.

Can you inivite more people on this forum from India and eslewhere

I like the link, however this article does not explain the Transcedent and Immanence concepts and therefore I posted the 'Tawheed' article.

Note the above link is from WAMY so in there explanation there is a bend towards literalism and less emphasis on Pilosophical and Theological aspects,you would have noticed it.

Regards

Fuhad

bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 5:01am
Hello Fuhad brother,

Originally posted by Fuhad Fuhad wrote:

Can you inivite more people on this forum from India and eslewhere

Well, as you yourself know, not all will be willing to talk about Islam.  Most of the Indians have a general ill-feeling towards Islam (though they show it off openly) as Muslims in the past have killed and destroyed their ancestors and temples.

Quote I like the link, however this article does not explain the Transcedent and Immanence concepts and therefore I posted the 'Tawheed' article.

I know that every religion preaches the same truth.  And thank you for posting about Tawheed.

Quote Note the above link is from WAMY so in there explanation there is a bend towards literalism and less emphasis on Pilosophical and Theological aspects,you would have noticed it.

I chose it because it has lesser technical terms and can be understood easily.  I have lots of other links about Islam and Allah(and even links to blashphemy towards Hinduism).

Peace and Love.
THE SOIL OF BHARAT IS MY HIGHEST HEAVEN, THE GOOD OF BHARAT IS MY GOOD.
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 11:33am

Hinduism is a man-made religion. It was designed to oppress the  lower caste Hindus to the maximum by the uppper cate Hindus. Various quaint "concepts" of the God were utilised to justify the polytheism which made approach to God indirect (i.e various corrupt intercessors and preists became important to the Hindus).

From what I know of ancient Hindu scripture and Arya Samaj ideology, Hinduism probably started as a monotheism. But once the corruption sets in, polytheism was used to justify it.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:02pm
Great invention Zaman!

So what do you want to prove?  Hinduism is a man-made religion, and islam is a 'god made' religion, so what?  You cannot prove that islam is a 'god made' religion, can you?

People were oppressed? Can you show me the proof?  You are all narrow-minded people.  What is happening to islamic nations?  First it was taliban, then iraq, then iran, then it will be pakistan and so on........

I think you should tell this to the Indian Historians.  But I think they will not listen to an ISI agent like you.

Peace and Love.

Edited by bharatiya
balqees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balqees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:49pm

Assalaamu alaikum ya muslimeen.

Greetings and good day to all.

Surely, I wish that such discussions would not take the trend towards such hard feelings between the participants. This is only one small example of why out there in the real world and face to face, there is so much sadness and intolerance and oppression and eventually torture and/or killing of one another.

We are all different, have our different backgrounds, and our different beliefs...and we should try to understand one another to better live side by side.

As a reminder for muslims participating in inter-religious debates and discussions...it is highly important to keep tolerant of those whose beliefs differ from you, and remember not to insult the other's belief. We have been warned of this in the Quran, actually. Remember that human nature is kind of like a mirror. You most generally receive back what you have already dished out to others.

Now...for the questions that Bharatiya has set forth...will try to answer them.

1. As regarding the rights of men and women...could you please quote from where you are claiming that the Quran does not give equal rights to women? Remember that God has created man and woman in their own rite of nature. Each one different biologically and physically. Yet they are equally responsible in the spiritual nature to God. And they receive equal treatment in the judgement.

2. The divisions that have evolved within Islam is the fault of the individual persons (in collection). It is not of the essence of Islam to have such divisions. In fact, this is something that we are also warned against in the Quran: dividing into sects. That does not reflect on Islam to deem it imperfect. Rather, it is reflection on the imperfection of humans to implement Islam properly. Islam and muslims are 2 different entities. Please do not confuse the 2. Islam is perfect. Whereas muslims themselves are far from perfect. Judge Islam by it's source, not it's adherants.

3. As concerns Bangaladeshis, I have never heard of this reference or inference that they have been considered not real muslims. Perhaps this is something of a local (Indian/Pakistani/Bagali/Kashmiri,etc.) misinterpretation and misunderstanding of true Islamic teachings. I mean, Islam teaches us (as it is stated in the Quran)...that one is not to be judged upon his/her merits other than what is in his/her heart. In other words, it is the extense of pious belief that renders one a true muslim. Not their race, country of origin, sex, age, whatever. None of that matters. What matters is what is in the heart-the extent of the sincerity and piety. And this, my friends, is in full knowledge to God. It cannot be hidden from Him.

Bharatiya: I can sense that you come from a region where there is much strife and you or those around you have suffered much at the hands of oppressing muslims. This is terribly sad, for it leaves with one a terrible impression and misunderstanding of Islam.

And the sad state of the Indian region is that it is a rising spiral type of situation of violence and hatred and intolerance between the muslims and others (mainly hindus, I believe)...to the extent that it is difficult to truly know anymore who started what.

As the hindus and other non-muslims may have suffered greatly from the muslims, so the muslims also have suffered greatly from the non-muslims. Like I said...a rising spiral.

If only each of the groups could begin to understand one another, perhaps an atmosphere of tolerance can begin to grow.

My friend, Islam is truly beautiful and calls for the utmost of tolerance. Something which, I am afraid, is becoming even less and less in this day and age.

Much as I am sure that you will also stress with us that hinduism is also beautiful. Then...why not let us each show the beautiful side to one another?

But I hope that with forums such as this one, we can achieve some sense of tolerance and understanding between us all, so that we may all live in peace with one another.

balqees.

bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:54am
Balquees Bhai,

You got me wrong.  I didn't not say anything about Quran, I was telling about the misinterpretations.

Waiting for you to return from town.

Peace and Love.
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 12:01pm

I think you should tell this to the Indian Historians.  But I think they will not listen to an ISI agent like you.

That is funny.  ISI agents are atleast better than RSS guys.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
balqees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balqees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 8:32pm

Assalaamu alaikum ya muslimeen.

Greetings and good day.

Bharatiya: Like I said...do not look to muslims actually to judge Islam.

I mean...Islam is surely the perfect religion. As it is stated in the Quran...that Allah has perfected his religion for us, and completed it, and named it 'islam' (i.e. submission to Him).

Yet so sadly...thru the ages...not all muslims have truly applied it in real life.

And the situation seems to diminish thru time...that the muslims themselves are not fully understanding the rulings of Islam, hence they are not implicating it (i.e. infringing on the rights of others, for instance).

Historically, women throughout the world in all nations and all societies have been the major brunt of oppression. It is nothing new. Basically because of their nature of creation that they are the weaker (most generally) of the two sexes.

Islam has set up rules and methods for all to interact with one another. Guaranteeing the rights of all.

Yet some muslims even today tend to ignore all of those rulings and methods.

They only do so to their own demise. For those who would reject knowingly the laws of Allah, they will face dire punishment.

And those who fear Allah and uphold His laws, will find gracious reward indeed.

balqees.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic