IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Politically Correct to be Anti-Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Politically Correct to be Anti-Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 7:04am

Assalamu Alaikum:

The easiest way to combat the anti-Muslim hype is for Muslims to get out into the world and publicly be Muslim.  Participate.  Where I live, Muslims hang out mainly with other Muslims... preferably Muslims from the same ethnic background is their own.  That does nothing to help dispell the myths that the Average American holds about Islam.

How many Americans really know a Muslim? As a friend. 

• How many of our masjids are set up to receive non-Muslim visitors?? Talk to your American converts to see just how far your masjid needs to go before a typical American (or American revert) would be comfortable there. 
  • Having Sisters in some damp, dusty room with screaming babies is not a way to do dawa.
  • Having a khutbah in Arabic or Urdu that visitors cannot understand (and most likely your second and third generation kids have trouble understanding)... won't work
  • What about having a visitors session or khutbah on the weekend where everything is in English... so non-Muslims know exactly what we're saying when we pray.

If you have kids, do you volunteer at your kids' school??  What about taking younger kids to Gymboree or Music classes??? Do you go to these things publicly as a Muslim (wearing hijab) so that others know that Muslims care just as much about their kids as non-Muslims do?? (This is a myth that many Americans believe. That we all want our kids to grow up to be suicide bombers.)

Do you encourage your kids to follow their hearts in career paths other than medicine or engineering?? We need Muslim actors, Muslim teachers (in nonMuslim schools!), Muslim newscasters, Muslim artists, Muslim businesspeople, etc.

Do you and others in your community volunteer in the community? How rare is it for somebody to meet a Muslim volunteering at the local soup kitchen, or hospital, or wherever.  Get out there.  Be a public Muslim who cares about the community.

The solution is to stop being so isolated.

Peace.

Mukhlis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mukhlis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 7:23am

Wow !

Who said Muslims are only fanatics with blinkers - can not think ? Who said Muslims live either centuries behind or jump staright to life here-after.

Here are some brothers with great ideas. They want to be Momin & yet they want to live this life as a Muslim with honour, and the head held high.

May Allah bring that day when these small streams will join to become a forceful river.

Mukhlis

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:59pm

Edited by firewall
ansari41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansari41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 7:54am

�Who said Muslims are only fanatics with blinkers - can not think ? Who said Muslims live either centuries behind or jump staright to life here-after.�

Of course, non other than the ignorant, uncultured, insensitive, ill-bred and barbaric. They are blinded by Dajjal. They are the ones who are with blinkers. Because they have the blinkers on them, they can�t see anything other than what Dajjal want them to see. In 2:7 ALLAH says �Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).�  Again in 2:10 �In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).�  I am sure, now you know who they are!
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 5:00pm

I have to say - USA-bashing is fairly fashionable at the moment, too.

I might even suggest that this gives Muslims and the USA something in common. 

So - what conclusion(s) might be drawn from this?

Kim...

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 9:11pm

Edited by firewall
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 10:17pm

Oh, I think you misinterpreted me. I didn't mean "Muslims in particular say bad things about the US", I meant that _lots _ of people all over the place abuse Americans/the USA.

Sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't and I'm not going to say that I don't indulge in it occasionally. Some of their business decisions and cultural imperialism mean that many of us get extremely angry and frustrated sometimes.

Kim... 

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 4:33pm

Edited by firewall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic