IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What does Islam say about enemies?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does Islam say about enemies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawadarling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does Islam say about enemies?
    Posted: 19 February 2007 at 6:03am
who is your enemy? Do we really have enemies aside from the devil? Should we curse them or pray for them?
C6H12O6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C6H12O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 11:12am

pray for them to see the light. they are just astrayed from the path with Satan's help.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 10:59pm

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Your question is n't clear. But as per to my understanding enemies apart from satan who is called as an open-enemy too, there are few more enemies which lie within us. Like Pride , Envy, Covetousness, lust , Wrath --etc. If  these enemies overcome us then we are the loosers. U must be knowing that islam means submission of our will to Allah ta'ala and when we bow down to these enemies then it means we are n't submitting our will to Allah ta'ala.

We should state here that the believers, whom the human enemies kill, become martyrs, while those who fall victim to the inner enemy - Satan - become bandits. Further, the believers who are defeated by the APPARENT ENEMY - DISBELIEVER gain a reward, while those defeated by the inner enemy earn a sin and become misguided. Since Satan sees man where man cannot see him, it is befitting that the believers seek refuge from Satan with Whom Satan cannot see. The Isti`adhah is a form of drawing closer to Allah and seeking refuge with Him from the evil of every evil creature.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Anas said that, the Prophet's front tooth was broken during the battle of Uhud and he also sustained injuries on his forehead until blood dripped on his face. The Prophet said,

How can a people achieve success after having done this to their Prophet who is calling them to their Lord, the Exalted and Most Honored) Allah revealed,

Not for you is the decision; whether He turns in mercy to (pardons) them or punishes them; verily, they are the wrongdoers.) Muslim also collected this Hadith.
There is no disagreement that it is lawful to curse the disbelievers. `Umar bin Al-Khattab and the Imams after him used to curse the disbelievers in their Qunut (a type of supplication) during the prayer and otherwise. As for cursing a specific disbeliever, some scholars stated that it is not allowed to curse him, because we do not know how Allah will make his end. Others said that it is allowed to curse individual disbelievers. For proof, they mention the story about the man who was brought to be punished repeatedly for drinking (alcohol), a man said, "May Allah curse him! He is being brought repeatedly (to be flogged for drinking).'' Allah's Messenger said:

(Do not curse him, for he loves Allah and His Messenger).

On the Whole as the above member says, we can only pray for Allah ta'ala to guide them from their strayed path.

May Allah ta'ala guide all of us to the righteous path. Ameen.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Sadija View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 1:16am

Salaam

I wish we can stop having envy for enemies.  I have enemies but goodness they make me sick sometimes.

I hate feeling that way. It hurts.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
hawadarling View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawadarling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 7:57am

Thanks for the replies. I have a Christian friend who said the following and wanted to know my pespective that is coming from a Muslim.

"Many times i hear people talking about thier 'enemies' and wishing them evil. Infact if you go to some churches, in a 3 hour service they'll use 2hours to pray against thier enemies. 'My enemy must die!die! die! die!...' With images of thier step-mother or thier next-door neighbour who they had a minor argument with last week in thier heads!

I cant say i'm a real bible scholar, but from my own interpretation of the bible, I beleive my own enemy is the devil, 'for we wrestle not against flesh and blood...'

So my question is, who is your enemy? Do we really have enemies aside from the devil? Should we curse them or pray for them? Now, i'm asking from a strictly religious point of view, and please religion is not limited to just christianity."

Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by hawadarling hawadarling wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I have a Christian friend who said the following and wanted to know my pespective that is coming from a Muslim.

"Many times i hear people talking about thier 'enemies' and wishing them evil. Infact if you go to some churches, in a 3 hour service they'll use 2hours to pray against thier enemies. 'My enemy must die!die! die! die!...' With images of thier step-mother or thier next-door neighbour who they had a minor argument with last week in thier heads!

I cant say i'm a real bible scholar, but from my own interpretation of the bible, I beleive my own enemy is the devil, 'for we wrestle not against flesh and blood...'

So my question is, who is your enemy? Do we really have enemies aside from the devil? Should we curse them or pray for them? Now, i'm asking from a strictly religious point of view, and please religion is not limited to just christianity."

Remember that the Devil/Satan was once an Angel. We believe that all children are born Muslim but later they are taught to follow the religion of their parents and/or people.

But when someone hears the truth and rejects it, then that person has become a Kafir in the true sense of the word (Kafir means one who rejects - rejects the truth).

Such people are our enemies, just like Satan.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Remember that the Devil/Satan was once an Angel.

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Assalaamualaikum

That is incorrect brother. Satan is from the Jinn, a different creation of Allah.

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Fallen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 10:40pm
Satan was a jinn/angel whatever apparently he was some sort of enemy of God right?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic