IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women and hell  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women and hell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 4:32pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

The hadiths were certainly not for nothing. Many women I see are cowardly and incredibly greedy. In my place, I see many women pestering their husbands to separate from their parents. What do such nagging wives deserve from thier husbands???

I fully agree with you, there are many women who are too vain in their approach to life. Spending a lot of money in frivolities, spending time in gossip, and having their noses in other's matters. Really this is sad.  People need to be educated about the islamic way of living. however, have you ever pondered over the men, from the same background, in which these women are so wrong?

It can never be, that the men are upright while the women are involved in something that is reprehensible.  These women who bother their husbands, are somebody's daughters. Are those fathers fulfilling their responsibilities ?

You have posed a social problem, but have picked up only a portion of the problem, while left the other. If anyone sincerely wants to throw light on the issue, and wants to find solutions, he/she should look at the whole picture, and not just a part of it.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 5:01pm

The hadiths were certainly not for nothing. Many women I see are cowardly and incredibly greedy. In my place, I see many women pestering their husbands to separate from their parents. What do such nagging wives deserve from thier husbands???

Well maybe if so many men weren't such "mummy's boys" and could stand on their own 2 feet and make decisions on their own and live lives of their own and maybe pay some attention to their wives instead of fawning over their mothers, then maybe the wives would not have to complain so much.

Mothers often don't like to lose "control" of their children and so they can be very threatening for the wives of these children. If men can't break away from their mother for more than 5 minutes at a time, then why do they bother getting married? Oh yeah - then they have _2_ mothers to look after them and to baby them.

Kim...

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

I fully agree with you, there are many women who are too vain in their approach to life. Spending a lot of money in frivolities, spending time in gossip, and having their noses in other's matters. Really this is sad.  People need to be educated about the islamic way of living. however, have you ever pondered over the men, from the same background, in which these women are so wrong?

It can never be, that the men are upright while the women are involved in something that is reprehensible.  These women who bother their husbands, are somebody's daughters. Are those fathers fulfilling their responsibilities ?

Oh come ON! Men are some of the biggest gossips in the world! Don't just write all women off because they are good networkers and because they way they cope with trouble in their lives is to share it with other women and try to work through their problems.

Yes - there ARE women who are just talkative bimbos, but if that's who their husbands chose to marry, then that's _their_ problem! If you are married to a women you are _supposed_ to help her and take care of her, and if that involves trying to teach her to be more sensible, then so be it. If she's too stupid, then he should not have married her in the first place!

Kim...

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 2:57am

You have posed a social problem, but have picked up only a portion of the problem, while left the other. If anyone sincerely wants to throw light on the issue, and wants to find solutions, he/she should look at the whole picture, and not just a part of it.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Oleyyyy,this is Sister Nausheen i know about;Sister please more an more wised words from ur heart...Jazak Allah Khair...

Edited by Suleyman
shams View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 8:02am

In the Name Of Allah the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

I do agree that nowadays Muslim Women have forgotten their duty in our great religion, for Islam considers women not just its biological reproducers but as well as its cultural reproducers of the next generation of the muslim ummah, my dear brothers and sisters always remember to fear Allah in any place at any time, one of the most precious thing in a women is her modesty, if ever her modesty is degraded how could she produce a well discipline and well trained in Islamic values if she herself is undiscipline, thus she just help destroy the religion of Allah.  But if she is strict in practicing the religion of Allah then she is helping the great religion s Allah. The example of this is like a machine in a factory, if the machine works well it will prduce a good product that is she can produce a next generation of muslim who hates wine illegal sexual intercourse, music and all the unlawful thing in Islam, the next generation that hates the kuffar the next generation who can spread and preserve islam, but if the machine is damage how could you expect to produce good products? it will just produce the same generation of mulim like this generation. drunkards, oers of illegal sexual intercourse, who are afraid of the kuffars and most of all unable to preserve thier great religion that is islam.

thats is why we d need to persuade our dearest sisters in Islam to protect thier modesty, and the best way to protect it is by wearing the proper hijab, protecting women's modesty is protecting Islam. because if the kuffars want to destry islam they will directly or indirectly hit the women.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 8:47am
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Oh come ON! Men are some of the biggest gossips in the world! Don't just write all women off because they are good networkers and because they way they cope with trouble in their lives is to share it with other women and try to work through their problems.

Yes - there ARE women who are just talkative bimbos, but if that's who their husbands chose to marry, then that's _their_ problem! If you are married to a women you are _supposed_ to help her and take care of her, and if that involves trying to teach her to be more sensible, then so be it. If she's too stupid, then he should not have married her in the first place!

Kim...

Kim, while I agree with you, Nausheen did say 'there are many women' not 'all women'

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 5:09pm

I for one think that we losing ground on the issue at hand here when one is using Hadith to refer to the social problem here as Suelyman notes. I believe that this problem should not single women out but should be address by both sexes. I do not want to make this a MEN vs WOMEN issue because Allah has specifically stated in Qur'an that in his sight we are equal and our differences are through our deeds.

However just to note that there are 'some women' in this world who proclaim the beatitfic name of Allah and praise with words but do otherwise. Many commit infidelity and so forth and I personally know of one who has committed infidelity. But I also know men who have done the same as well. I believe that the contex from where the Hadith is coming from is more complicated than asserting some random generalization. As Suleyman notes we need to look at the examples of Khadijah and Aisha.

Kim in response to what you said I understand the frustrating tone in how you stated your disagreement but I have to say that when you said "women are some of the best networkers" you have to take into consideration that networking and communication is not dominated by either sex seeing how men and women act and behave differently even among the sexes. Again as someone here noted if ones Iman is not strong enough then that person does not need to be in a relationship with that person, plain and simple.

ummsalam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsalam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 5:37pm
Asalamu alaikum.
First and foremost i'd like to say, Islam is a perfect religion, and its only the people who are corrupt. Islam does not place women below men.
you may forget that as time goes on that the ration men to women will one day be 1::50. Women have such a high regard in Islam. The prophet regarded us 3 times before man. And the rights of a woman are sooo many. subhannaAllah. There is actually a book called the equality of genders.. which gives proofs of how men and women are equal in Islam. Also, Allah (swt) says: "Verily we have created you from male and female and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another, verily the best among you is the one who has most taqwa verily Allah is most knowing most aware." (Surat Alhujarat 13)
Meaning to Allah(swt) who is the most Just, the only thing that matters to Him is that we have taqwa. We are given an equal chance to prove ourselves to Allah (swt). Allah (swt) did not place anyone above the other. And personally i dont care what a man would think about me, it only matters what Allah (swt) thinks of me, because ultimately in the end, He (swt) will be the judge of whether i personally will go to hell or heaven. Wa Allahu A'lam
Asalamu alaikum

Edited by ummsalam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic