IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ? are Islamic rights of Christian women?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? are Islamic rights of Christian women?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

If the man wants to have his cakes and eat it too with more than one wives and make a mockery of the Quranic injunctions(Nisaa 4:3>>>but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal with justly then only one....That will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice), that is his business.

It is would be wise for you to stay clear from the mess that will be created sooner or later with this arrangement.
Experience keeps a dear school but a fool would learn in no other!

Assalaamualaikum,

Brother Sign, I know you intend well with your advice to Maryah. Allah has said in the quran to enjoin good and forbid evil. It is our duty to give advice to our brothers and sisters. After that, it is "their business".

wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Sadija View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 5:14am

Salaam

I don't want to give wrong advice Im not an Alima.

But does that wife knows he intend second one.  The first wife must give permission first and I feel its bad calling her as a 'slave'. Shame poor thing. How that must be to see your husband only two months in a year?

And above that its opression in my eyes. How can men do that goodness Im so sad.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
shymuslima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shymuslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 5:36am
I hope that she ends this story with this Yemenis man.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Sadija Sadija wrote:

Salaam

I don't want to give wrong advice Im not an Alima.

But does that wife knows he intend second one.  The first wife must give permission first and I feel its bad calling her as a 'slave'. Shame poor thing. How that must be to see your husband only two months in a year?

And above that its opression in my eyes. How can men do that goodness Im so sad.

Wa alaikum asalaam:

No, this brother had a previous wife that died of cancer..He is engaged to the american Christian lady and betrothed by his parents for the marriage in Yemen from what I understand. He has not formally married either yet.

Hopefully both ladies will be happy. I do not intend to try to influence her decision whether or not to marry this fellow. That is her call.  I have the brochure from Islamicity from the Discover Islam series on the Muslim woman to giver her, as well as "The Reader" brochure from the same series. She has a small book on how to do the salat and she has been actually trying to do it. I will help her as much as I can with what I know. She is a very nice person. The decision is hers.

I believe even a non-muslim should be educated.

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 1:05am

Maryah,

You are right education is not for Moslems only. We are told to seek knowledge. Withholding the knowledge would be to dis-respect her. As you said, the decision is hers and the man has told he about Yemen future wife.. some people are happy in co-wife situations. You are treating her with dignity and respect.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic