IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Humour
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anger management?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anger management?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anger management?
    Posted: 12 February 2007 at 2:19am

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old  woman had a shoe box in
the top of her  closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the  box, but one day the  little old woman got very sick and the  doctor said she would not recover. In  trying to sort out their affairs, the  little old man Took down the shoe box  and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what  was in the box. When he  opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of  money totaling  95,000.

He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my  grandmother told me the secret of a happy  marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with  you, I should  justkeep quiet and  crochet a doll."

The little old man was so moved he  had to fight back  tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness. "Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?"

"Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."

===================================================

I just realized that my font was too small, I apologize for that.

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 6:59am
 Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.

Edited by abuayisha
Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 11:58am
If a man is alone in the forest is he still wrong?
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 10:12am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old  woman had a shoe box in
the top of her  closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the  box, but one day the  little old woman got very sick and the  doctor said she would not recover. In  trying to sort out their affairs, the  little old man Took down the shoe box  and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what  was in the box. When he  opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of  money totaling  95,000.

He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my  grandmother told me the secret of a happy  marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with  you, I should  justkeep quiet and  crochet a doll."

The little old man was so moved he  had to fight back  tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness. "Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?"

"Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 11:44pm

Good to see you all take this sportingly.

Daniel, see? this is what happens when men don't ask for directions!

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Sadija View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadija Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 5:23am

Men like to ask you for advice but when you gave your opinion they expain to you why theirs is in any case better.

So whenever my husband ask my suggestion I don't even give my opinion I just say yes your idea is good.

haha agree?

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Good to see you all take this sportingly.

Daniel, see? this is what happens when men don't ask for directions!

Amah:

Lucky old man, so far the story goes!

I got direction in my golden years and guess what now we can't find our way out of the hole we ended up in!

Daniel: Touche

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
sulooni View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 5:35am

AND THE REST OF THE STORY:

the husband's father had always told him that a happy marriage is one where u never argue with your wife. and if you do get mad...buy a crocheted doll. ...you'll thank me later

www.insight-info.com/forum/default
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic