IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A request   for peace..how?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A request for peace..how?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:40am

Hi Patty,

Perhaps it would help to remember that there can never be peace without justice.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:37am

Dear Yusuf,

"You're being optimistic akhi. 148 years is not that long."

I get the feeling you have changed quite a bit since I last read your posts.  I thought this topic was sincerely about peace.  Apparently it was not, and I was mistaken.  I'm sorry to have learned this. 

God's Peace!

Patty

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 11:52am

Tears don't bring peace, justice do. And Justice won't come unless blood is shed.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 8:51am

Alaikum Ess Salaam Akhi el aziz

We could try the 148 years and then keep spreading like their "sanctions" with lame excuses. The way its all going specially since their "super power" and military might myths stand naked they will be disarm and lock themselves up anyway

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 11:35am
Man will always make mistakes and even Prophets commited sins. I don't think we can ever attain Utopia. I see peace more like a dynamic concept. There will always be evil, we can have peace if we can balance/control the evil. In fact, if we can ensure justice to ALL, we should be satisfied with what we have acheived.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:42am

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Very simple. Disarm and quarantine the Americans for 148 years. They will become almost human and even possibly begin to think!!

Assalamu alaikum,

You're being optimistic akhi. 148 years is not that long.

Yusuf
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 10:06am

Okay now a different angle, which may shock us all because we have become so used to our System of Exploitation, Loot, Killing that we feel lost even with the thought that it may come to its end.

1. Finish Cap It All ism - replace it with Alternative Financial Therapy.

2. Sovereignity of State or a person is an immoral divisive ages old repressive tool - base all our considerations on the RIGHTS of man - every single man on Earth. Not that when some whites are killed by whoever in a plane crash - we are made to fork out $7,000,000 a head - BUT when seven Iraqi are proven to be "unlawfully" killed the British MoD (does it stand for the Merchants of Death) pays �3,259 and I believe 72 pence.

3. End the spin that wars can be "legal" under any circumstance. Its the favourite excuse offered by the English Speaking Cousins' Union for keeping their image when they go on their racist man hunts.

4. Demolish UN - Create United Peoples' Org with EQUAL vote for every SINGLE man woman on Earth. In UN India has one vote - so does Tuvalu Island - pop 175,000.

5. Penalise the World Bank and IMF for sowing misery around the world.

6. Charge war criminals immediately and without any delay in an open court set up by the UPO.

7. Parliament had 5 years term in 1776. A letter took exactly 11 months to reach a battlefield in the US from London. How long does a letter take to be delivered from anywhere in the world to anywhere? Must we have a parliament sitting for that long damaging period? Why must we not hold our "leaders" (mostly ilformed psychopaths running for power anyway) to count LIKE company CEOs for shorter periods.

8. Reps were put up as substitutes for courtiers. Today they get our votes and then sell us down to the highest bidder. This prostitution is given the grand title of "lobbying". Get rid of this archaic system. Have ordinary nice people, men, women even college kids sit as our reps for shorter periods like in the JURY service. If nice ordinary people can decide life and death of a person or persons cant they run their country.

The myth that you had to be from a certain blood group or at least a certain "college" is a curse that haunts the growth of humanity - and PEACE. ONLY fine ordinary people will set in peace. The likes of Zalmay Khalilzad, Condi Rice, Richard Perle and all others have spent time EVADING practical lives by getting useless doctorates.

In the end disarm and quarantine the Americans for 148 years in the interest of world peace!!

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 9:01am
Very simple. Disarm and quarantine the Americans for 148 years. They will become almost human and even possibly begin to think!!

Edited by Whisper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic