IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How did Jesus die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How did Jesus die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 1:36am
You know as a Christian what my beliefs are, but I did find a very interesting video from the BBC that gave a theory that is worth a thought or two?

For those of us that believe in Revelation and Prophets, of course, we would believe the word of our respective Prophets, but I found it interesting none the less.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1669658378154953060&q=Did+Jesus+Die+on+the+Cross&ei=ut9QSIK4DoGgqQPxgNWqDA

Edited by Angela - 12 June 2008 at 1:37am
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 7:21am

Prophets and Messengers of Allah were equipped with the purest of souls or spirits. Their spirits were so strong and powerful. For the souls of these prophets, it can seep through and envelope the whole body, that could make them invisible. Ever heard of spirit over body? And stories of waliyullah or 'friends of Allah' apppearing at two different places at one time? If waliyullah have these abilities, what is a Prophet of Allah?

We should know the power of our souls. With these souls, we can see with our eyes, we hear with our ears, we can breathe through our nose and so on. Without this soul of ours, we are useless, nothing. And this is the same soul that will be answerable to God AlMighty.

Jesus is not dead yet. He like any human being will die, when his soul leaves his body. He was just taken up to God AlMighty just like Muhammad was taken to God AlMighty in Isra' and Mi'raj (the night journey).

Edited by Nur_Ilahi - 14 June 2008 at 7:23am
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 1:42am
 Beliver, I understood your first question from your second question. My reply to your first question is still the same. I do not give priority to anything above Quran while not neglecting the Hadith too.  My reply to your second question is that the death of Jesus is well proved from the Quran. It would be interesting to prove the life of Jesus from the quran and Sunnah. It is impossible to show anything.

Not a word will be found in the Quran and sunnah telling us that Jesus is still alive. Not a single word be found telling that he has not passed away peacefully.

Edited by minuteman - 15 June 2008 at 1:44am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:59am

YUSUFALI: Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

PICKTHAL: (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.

SHAKIR: And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 3:40am

believer, the first sentence of all the three translators is meaningful. I am going to take thee or I am to gather thee to myself or I am going to terminate your stay on earth... all these mean the clear spiritual departure of Jesus from this earth. That means natural death.

You feel that the verse is showing that Jesus is still alive. I believe there is no such thing int he Quran or Hadith. Please bring something else. Thanks.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:01pm
minuteman - I was showing  Nur_Ilahi the passage that shows that Jesus was taken up to heaven by Allah.

How does this show a natural death?  How do you know it wasn't when Jesus was on the cross.  Jesus did die quicker then usual.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 3:04pm
believer,
according to the Quran:
4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Hasan 

Edited by honeto - 19 June 2008 at 3:04pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Jesus did die quicker then usual.

Don't you see a problem with this?

Yes he was taken down a few later but unless he had extensive wounds and bled profusely then maybe. I know Jesus had a stab wound to his side but Mary Madalenge was attending to that wound.

Being taken down earlier doesn't necessarily mean he died earlier than usual. 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic