IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How did Jesus die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How did Jesus die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How did Jesus die
    Posted: 30 January 2007 at 4:56pm
 I know Islam says Jesus(pbuh) was not crucified.  then how did he die?  And is he in heaven now?  And what about his return?
Kay
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 6:15pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Hi Kay, here are some veses from the Quran about Jesus,

And surely they slew him not. But Allah (God) raised him unto Himself.
(Holy Qur'an, Surah Nisaa, Verse 157-158)

Verse 4:156-159 "That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge;  That they said (in boast):  'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.'  But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.  Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.  And there is none of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him  (Jesus) Before his death; And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness Against them."

"Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity.

<>zSB(3,3)
He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (19:30-35).

"When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (43:63-65)

"And behold! God will say [i.e. on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?' He will say: 'Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things'" (5:116-117).

"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (5:75).

Allah raised him up to heaven and at the end of time he will return back down to earth to fight the Anti Christ. You may like to read the following,

Jesus (Isa) A.S. in Islam, and his Second Coming

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:56pm

Salam alaikom. Jesus never was killed and never did die, he is in heaven right now peace be upon him and wil come back to fight the anti Christ (called dajjal in Arabic) defeat him and then unite the world uner one relegion one brotherhood and peace will spread in the entire world. He will rule for a couple of years (I cant remember the number exactly) then he will die, since he never died in the first place. After that in a couple of years will be the day of judgment and the end of the world. I advise you tolisten to Hamza Yusufs lectures on the end of the world and its signs he gives great details and explains. Keep in mind many signs have already happened, these signs were told to us by our beloved prophet PBUH and some of them were: that we would no longer use hourses and camels but instead use something as if it were a moving house (cars). He also said you would se some place else in the place you already are (TVs) he also said great distances would be traveled in short periods of times (air plains) he also said that sanctions would be impossed on Iraq and many would day (the sanctions possed on Iraq after the 2nd gulf war which caused almost 2 million to die). He also said that people would no longer know the honest person from the desepting person. He also said that Arabic woman would enter markets wearing shorts (this was completely impossible to imagine 1400 years ago. Arabs were the most conservative people even before Islam, in fact, some Arab tribes use to kill their daughters in fear of them disshonoring them when they grow, of course Islam came and forbid that) and this has happened in many Arabic countries today. So listen 2 Hamza Yusufs lectures on these things theye very nice and he gives great detail on the coming of Jesus. First the Anti CHrist would come and will be greeatly followed by the magority of the world, than he would claim to be God, than Christ would come and defeat him, than Gog and Maggog (I think thats what you call them in eng) would come. After that, Christ peace be upon him would also defeat them, then he would rule the world and it becoming very peacefull and living in harmony like never before.

PS: I found this guys profile and his vids are just great:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Converted2Islam

senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:14am

Bismillah Ar-Rahmaan Ar rahaheem

Rami,

This is a quote from the link you gave me

III. The Blessings of Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) (A.S.)

1 Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will descend and stay on earth.
2 His descension will be in the last era of the Ummat.
3 He will be a just ruler and a fair judge.
4 His ummat will be the Khalifa (deputies) of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
5 He will act himself and instruct others on the Qur'an and Hadith (Shariat/Tradition of Islam).
6 He will lead people in Salaat (Prayer).
7 He will stay on earth for a period of 40 years after descending. The will be the best era of the Ummat after the first era of Islam.
8 Allah will protect his companions from Jahannam.
9 Those who will save the Deen of Islam by associating themselves with Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be amongst the most loved by Allah Ta'ala.
10 During this period all other religions and mazhabs besides Islam will perish, hence there will be no kuffaars (non-believers) in the world.
11 Jihad will be stopped.
12 No Khiraaj will be taken.
13 Nor Jizya (protection tax) money from the kafirs (non-believers)
14 Wealth and property will be in surplus to such an extent that there will be no one to accept the wealth of the other (everyone will be independent).
15 Receiving Zakaat (Alms-giving, Charity to poor) and Saadaqa will be discarded (as there will be no poor to receive them!).
16 The people will love the sajda (prostration to God) more than the world and what it consists of.
17 All types of Deeni (religious) and worldly blessings will descend on earth (many halaal (lawful) things will be created).
18 There will be peace, harmony and tranquility during the time of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)'s stay in the world.
19 There will be no animosity for a period of seven years, even between two persons.
20 All hearts will be free from miserliness, envy, hatred, malice and jealousy.
21 For a period of forty years no one will fall ill or die.
22 Venom will be taken out of all venomous animals.
23 Snakes and scorpions will not harm anyone to the extent that if a child put his hand in its mouth, he will not be harmed.
24 Will animals will not harm anyone.
25 If a man will pass a lion, he will not be troubled or harmed, or even if any girl will open its mouth to test if it will do anything.
26 The camels will graze among lions, cheetahs with cattle and the jackals with goats.
27 The fertility of the land will increase to such an extent that even if a seed is planted in a hard rock, it will sprout.
28 A pomegranate will be so huge that a jamaat will be able to eat it and the people will use its peel as shade.
29 There will be so much barakaat (blessing) in milk that a camel will suffice for a huge jamaat, a cow for a tribe and a goat for a family.
30 In short, life will be most pleasant after the descension of Jesus (A.S.).

His Marriage, Death and Deputies

After his descension on earth, Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will marry. He will have children, and he will remain on earth 19 years after marriage. He will pass away and Muslims will perform his Janaza Salaat and bury him net to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). (Tirmidhi

Does the qur'an speak of this?  Where does this come from?

Kay
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:20am

Arab,

I advise you tolisten to Hamza Yusufs lectures on the end of the world and its signs he gives great details and explains

I am on dail-up modem and can not view the youtube.com or other videos very well.  are the above lectures written some where?

Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:41pm

Ill tru to find them. The article u posted comes from hadiths on the signs of the last day.

TRUUTHZ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRUUTHZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 8:31am

MOD EDIT

***You are spamming***

Edited by amah
I was bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led."
--Thomas Jefferson (1812)
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

I know Islam says Jesus(pbuh) was not crucified.  then how did he die?  And is he in heaven now?  And what about his return?

Ths Bible is the place to go to find out all you need to know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic