IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I cannot shake your hand, sir.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI cannot shake your hand, sir.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 7:00am
Jamna could continue to argue non-stop. Respect is respect. Rude is rude. There is no necessity to use religion as a pretext to cover our action. When it comes to extending a courtesy handshake, one need to be thoughtful and not using religion as the pretext and saying unable to extend your hand when your superior is extending his hand to one especially one is his subordinate. This term is called "RUDE" for not accepting your superior handshake or rejecting his handshake in that moment of time. Otherwise, it will not be in an article for more stones and sticks. Get over it. I am wondering how would she be able to catch bad guys when she stands so rigidly in thinking that it is a religious protocol to not able to shake hand or even touch a man while on duty or in uniform? Did the hadith or Quran specify it that during the parade, a lady could reject handshake with her superior?

Did you see the differences? The Indian Prime Minister's wife as being informed by ZEA J is not a person who shakes hand. However, when respect is respect or the priority, she extended her hand and received OUR Prime Minister. Why so? Because she isn't that rude.

I am not against the police woman for rejecting handshake during the parade. However, I am stating that there is no necessity to be rigid. After all, we are still human being. She wants to practice extreme, it's her rights and so it's my rights to say my piece about extremism.   

Edited by pauline35
Jamna View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 6:08pm
Pauline.. if that is the case..then rigidity, extremism, and rudeness could clearly be seen in yourself too. So, stop complaining others for doing what actually mirrors your own thinking and attitude...
pauline35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 5:14am
Oops... Quote from the other thread by Murabit : We have people who are not using their intellect when they read verses. Don�t think these people haven�t been around since the beginning, really. They believe they are rightly guided and our Prophet (s.a.w.s.) said �Yahmilu hadha al-ilm min kul qarnin uduluhu� � that this knowledge will be carried in each generation by upright people, �yanfuna �anhu tahrīth al-ghalīn�� they�ll repudiate the misquotations of extremists.

Edited by pauline35
pauline35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 5:17am
BTW, Jamna, I am not a Muslim who refuse handshake with anyone? Did I? Extremism is oxymoron and moderation proves to be the best. We are human being so we need not apply rigidity through our life by using religion as the pretext to our wrong doing! When you are rude, you are rude. When you have no respect for someone who is higher ranking than you, then you do not have respect for that person, in that case, you are maniacly rude because you use religion as your pretext to be rude to someone whom you have no respect for.

It is just as simple as that!

Also, did you not have any answer for me about how would the police woman be able to catch the bad guys when she couldn't even touch a man while on duty in uniform?

Misuse the religion as your guideline in your wrong doing, is the most sinful. Misinterpret the religion is also sinful and unforgiven.

Islam is universe and is for everyone, not just for you alone, Jamna. You speak as if you own Islam. Do not forget this forum is about our thoughts and views, not complaining or attacking any party.

Edited by pauline35
Jamna View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 12:33am

Extremism could come in many faces, and not only on religious pretext. Unable and refuse to respect others in his/her belief is just another form of extremism and rigidity.

You asked me how the police women want to make arrest of bad guys? What kind of question is this? We are talking about handshaking, not making arrest. It is obvious that you did not even read and understand the whole issue before making your comment.

If your read the thread again and understand properly the article, the answer is so obvious. No one needs to answer you question.

pauline35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 2:06am
Is that all you have?

It is obviously clear enough to understand that you only have a radiochio brain, so to speak. You could not answer my question simply because you do feel the pinch for the rigidity that police woman was applying on the pretext of becoming muslim, she starts rejecting handshake from her superior, mainly the man.

My question is certainly relevant to her duty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic