IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - three talaqs at once....need to become 1  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

three talaqs at once....need to become 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shymuslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: three talaqs at once....need to become 1
    Posted: 22 January 2007 at 5:52am
Salaam alaikum

I need help and I need to tell this story. I have a difficult life but found a man who really practiced Islam and we married. I am from America and went to live in Malaysia. We had both been married before. He was married to a brittish comvert who reverted back and moved to england with their four children. She moved on with her life as an attorney and moved in with a brittish man long before she had divorced my husband. The children were raised in a confusing environment. They are 21 to 26 years old.

For me, when I moved to Malaysia, my daughter and my husband were my whole life. I no longer have any family of my own...they have all passed away. I also have no work history. I love my husband very much. It was his decision that I didn't work and followed around as a directors wife of one the top ten public companies of Asia that he had created. It is also a completely muslim company. I was possessive and was happy to have a good muslim husband who was well known all his life as a person who preached and practiced Islam..as a student in England and later as business man in Malaysia.

Yet, his two younger children, a boy 21 and a girl 23 never accepted me and wanted their father only when they were visiting Malaysia which could last for several months at a time. He had very little time and I was in a new country and didn't really anyone accept him and his family who lived four to five hours away. So, it is true, I was possessive. I have no family back home in the states..everyone has died...so he was the world to me.

The worst troubles happened when he had to go to his son's university graduation in england and was not invited. I was hurt and did not want him to be around his exwife who had written negative emails about me. He solved by taking me as well. He went to the graduation and I went sightseeing with my daughter. The problem was solved..I thought. When we came back to Malaysia, my daughter went to America with her father and my husband and I had a second honey moon. He was kinder than he had ever been.

Then, I went to America to collect my daughter and he sent me an email not to come and that he would support from there. I went rushing back to Malaysia and in anger he gave me three talaqs in a lawyers office without my knowledge. I could not contact him for three days until I was robbed and he came to my side. He now feels that he was wrong but gave excuses that he has to be sure that it is Islamically correct to revert the talaqs. He is paying for a lawyer for me to fight in the shariah court. He is taking care of me and even surprised me with a new computer. He even sits outside in the car waiting for me to finish with my lawyer. He payed for nurses to stay with me.

Please, my heart is broken and I don't or sleep. I love him so much. I just pray that it can be taken back and that we can on. Please help. I need advice.

Shireen

I have not heard from anyone and I am asking for advice and prayers. My court date has been changed to Jamuary 31.

Edited by shymuslima
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 10:47pm

shymuslima, this is a bit confusing. what made your husband so angry in the first place?

why didnt he want u to come back to malaysia?

why was he uncontactabel for 3 days. where was he and with whom? do u think that he may have reconciled with his ex wife? im just thinking aloud here?

how long have u been married to this man?

Do u still trust him after all this?

shymuslima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shymuslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 7:55pm
He thought that by me staying in the states he could handle the problems with his adult children better and problems who was having at work without having to deal with me as well. He was in his hometown with his mother. His exwife is in england and has been living with another man for eight years and does not practice islam or have any desire to come back and live in malaysia. she is a very successful attorney in england. Yes, i do trust him. He is trying his best to get this solved and the problems overturned.

Thank you for your concern. Please pray for me.

Shymuslima
umsami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 2:25pm

Wa'alaikum Assalam Sister:

I've read the talaq uttered in anger is not valid... so perhaps that is something you can use to fight this with?? Especially if your husband would verify this. 

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamO nline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=111950354476 2

Peace.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic