IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - vasectomy Haram?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedvasectomy Haram?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 11:49pm

israfil.....whats with these names u keep giving me. in one post u call me rook...now u call me room

rook = smoke in afrikaans....im offended when u call me rook

room = cream in afrikaans......i dont know why u would choose to change my beautiful name to these petty words

you really need help if u think i need to be priveleged in order for u to diss me.

u cant just come out and say "im tired"....no, u have to use words like phenomenon.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 12:05am
Rookaiya First let me ask you what language of the Africans are you referring those words I use (Room, Rook etc) originate from? Second I said in another thread I'd say your full name. Third, you are now sounding like someone from High School...When you single out typos as something insulting you begin to sound condescending.....Ahh or is tht a word I cannot use?
rookaiya View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 12:31am

its not an african language..its afrikaans. i suggest u look it up to see where it originates from

i was in highschool many years ago. i marticulated in 1992. then i wnet to university and studied law for 5 years. after that i did a year of articles. then i did PLT for a year. im an admitted attorney. im currently doing my second year MBA........

israfil, if for some reason u feel that i sound like one of your collegues in highschool , then u are sadly mistaken ok. just becos i choose to keep it simple and real...dont mean that u need to say i sound like im in hgih school...is that the best comeback u got...ha  ha...try harder next time

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Trajik Trajik wrote:

'As-sal�mu calaykumm :)

I am a new revert to Islam.  I was wondering if a vasectomy is haram in Islam.  Let me explain my reason for asking.  I have 4 children with one on the way Alhamdulia. :)  I don't think I can support any more that what has been given me after our next child.  What do the scholars, sunnah or the Quran say in regards to my question.  I am new to Islam and I don't want to go against the teachings of Allah.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Anthony

Bismillah irrahmaan irraheem

Assalaamualaikum

Welcome to Islam brother. May Allah bless you and your family, masha allah.

Allah knows best as to what is right and wrong and may He guide us to the right path. I hope the following helps you. Insha Allah.

Question:
What is the ruling on operations that prevent pregnancy?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permitted to carry out operations on men or women that will lead to complete sterility, such as cutting the vas deferens (vasectomy) in men, or removing the ovaries or womb (hysterectomy) in women. This is because cutting off all possibility of future offspring with no valid reason is haraam, as it goes against what the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted for his ummah, and is a source of shame and humiliation for the Muslims. The more the Muslims increase in number, the more this is a source of pride and status for them. Allaah has guaranteed to provide for His slaves, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): �And no living, moving creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah. And He knows its dweeling place and its deposit (in the uterus, grave, etc.). All is in a Clear Book.� [Hood 11:6]. So cutting off all possibility of future offspring for no good reason goes against this teaching. However, if it is necessary to carry out an operation of the kind mentioned � such as a case where the mother�s life will be in danger if she becomes pregnant, or she is suffering from a disease in her womb which it is feared could spread and kill her (such as cancer), so she has no choice but to have her womb removed � then there is nothing wrong with carrying out these operations in such cases of necessity. And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2160&ln=eng&tx t=vasectomy

This is from another source:

As for those who are poor and fear that they will not be able to meet the economic expenses of the additional child, Allah (swt) has prescribed the system of zakaat. Every rich person who has the savings of more than the nisab level i.e. 85 gms of gold, should give 2.5% of his excess wealth every lunar year in charity. Those who are poor have the right to take the zakaat money.

Allah (swt) says in the Qur�an �...Kill not your children on a plea of want; We provide sustenance for you and for them;� (Al-Qur�an 6:151)

Allah (swt) also mentions in the Qur�an �Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you: verily the killing of them is a great sin.� (Al-Qur�an 17:31)

Both these verses seems to convey the same message but on scrutiny we realize that the first verse is meant for poor parents, who fear that if one more child is born in the family neither they will be able to survive nor the child, thus Allah (swt) says we provide sustenance for you and for them. In the other verse Allah (swt) says We shall provide sustenance for them and as well as for you, referring to rich parents who feel that if they have less children they can concentrate on them better and give them better education and quality life. Here Allah (swt) reverses the order and mentions first the children and then the parents.

However, its worth notable that one never knows which child could be a blessing from the Creator for the family. It is quite possible that the child, which the parents anticipate to be a bane, may turn out to be a boon for the family and the society. History bears witness to the fact that many of the great scientists, thinkers, and revolutionaries were not from only amongst the first two children of their parents.

Allah also says: �Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.� [Al Qur�an 2 :155]

Allah (swt) says in the Qur�an �And they plotted and planned and Allah too planned and the best of planners is Allah (swt)� (Al-Qur�an 3:54).

If you feel you can plan the family better, the choice is yours or else leave it to Allah (swt) to do the best planning for your family.

http://www.irf.net/irf/dtp/dawah_tech/ques31.htm

Wassalaam

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 4:33am

Bismillah irrahmaan irraheem

Assalaamualaikum,

Brother Israfil, you may not find the Prophet sallahu alayhi was sallam's words always appealing to you, nevertheless I will quote him :

"Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."  (Book #2, Hadith #9)

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 1:59pm

Amah,

I didn't sit here and decide to pick on someone just for the fun of it nor did I intentioanlly try to disrecpect this young lady. I, as I mentioned before shortened her name because of my own laziness. I had no idea that Rook meant dirt in Afrikaan. It is obvious this young lady does not know the language nor can provide proof that this word actually means what it is because she asks me to look it up. I asked you Rookaiya if you speak the language? You see, I speak a little Hebrew which I am learning. I actually know more Hebrew than Arabic:

Rookaiya Shalom!

Naeam lifgosh otach!

Ma shlomech?

Me? Ani beseder.

Anyway......Rookaiya I highly doubt your a lawyer I know lawyers and some of them are quite unorthodox in some of their writings. But you! You write very childish. I mean, I know laziness because I am lazy myself. I know typos because I have typos in some of my writings myself but the way you structure your writings is not a typical quality of a lawyer. In fact I think you're lying but I'll take your word for it. In fact, I'm curious if you know what your LSAT score was? What University did you attend (or are attending) what is your major? What particular area of law do you emphasize on (or which you plan to emphasize on)?

To say:

"then u are sadly mistaken ok. just becos i choose to keep it simple and real...dont mean that u need to say i sound like im in hgih school...is that the best comeback u got...ha  ha...try harder next time"

Rookaiya all you need to say was that you aren't good at typing or you are lazy to spell out words and I would have been fine with that. Again I was not trying to get on you but most of the adults here that come and converse on these forums do not spell "cos" every other word. Most young people do that which, is fine by me I don't care. But it was because when you said it I grew curious and wanted to know how old you were. But then again I don't know who you are but from what I know thus far I think you're lying (notice I'm saying lying too many times).

First you said:

"why would i claim to be a mother of 4."

"i do have 4 kids..i never said i didnt"

Tell me your kids ages because its quite impressive that a mother of four who went through law school (and undergrad/graduate school) and who is working on their MBA in their second year can be so accomplished. Either one or two things either 1) You are lying or 2) You have a rich husband to support you. I know mothers who have 1 child and they have a difficult time maintaining their lifestyle and their childrens. Also you went to college to study law for 5 years? Did you know that law at least in my state and where I went (UCLA) is not a major in the undergraduate/graduate level? I'm pretty sure the same applies everywhere else. That is why Law Schools expect students to major in something that requires critical thinking/writing particularly Philosophy is a good major to have prior to taking the LSAT.

So while at the undergraduate level it took you 5 years to get what? What undergraduate degree did you receive? What does it mean to be an "admitted attorney?" Are you cureently practicing Law or are you a Paralegal?

Sister Amah,

Quite fitting that you quote the Hadith as if I'm harming someone......You're right Amah I'm not Muslim in the sense of orthodoxy, I worship God. I follow that which is good. I've been on this website for approximately 3 1/2 years now. This site much like others has not enriched my "Islamic knowledge" except the certain individuals I've met here  I've cordially discussed Islam with. What I don't like are those challenging me who cannot back their claims up or who say things and then do otherwise. I'm the first to say I made a mistake at something or other things but when individuals come on this website claiming to be a certain thing its hard to believe them since I've seen people come and go for the past three years.

You sister haven't been here not even a year so yes the experience here has skewed my view of the certain people that come here. Now Rookaiya if you are truly a lawyer I sincerely apologize for my extreme inquiry but if you are not then lying would be a disservice to the individuals who put their time and sweat in the BAR exams and such and who, give up their social lives to study Law. I personally know someone who is currently studying law and he is stressed out. Anyway I have derailed the threwad long enough I should go now.

Edited by Israfil
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 9:53pm

Bismillah...Assalaamualaikum

Brother Israfil, for the sake of God who you worship.....QUIT IT !! I pray you use your intelligent mind and channel your energy in something more useful. i am not saying that you are deliberately trying to harm someone with your words, but when we realize that it does, we must stop. ok? Thank you brother.

Wassalaam.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 10:28pm

israfil...u make me laugh

your reply shows me just how close minded and judgemental you are. u think u can identify a lawyer through her writings.....well u have surely failed on this score.............u think u are so good...and that u are highly educated and u look down on others...trying to discredit them at every turn

do u feel good when u pick on others????do u get your satisfaction

FYI...here in SA u dont need to major in a specific area of law...u do all the law subjects in your B.Proc and then when u do your LLB..you can choose a major

to be admitted as an attorney we dont write Bar exams...thats for advocates...attorneys write Board exams

as for my kids ages...my eldest is 10...my 2nd is 5, my son is 4...and my baby is turning a year next month

im touched that u think that im so accomplished. its all by the grace of Allah and having supportive parents who dont mind going the extra mile to keep the baby at night when i need to study.

one thing that my education has taught me is that one doesnt need to use high terminology and look down on others in order to feel good about yourself...i like to keep it real and i express myself the way i feel most comfortable.....

many people are shocked when they learn that im an attorney....they cant belive that im so down to earth.........well i know who i am and where i come from..and im not about to change how i express myself just to conform to israfils perceptions of how an attornye should express herself........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic