IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - About Dogs?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

About Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jajabinks101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 1:14pm

hello brother Hayfa

Thank you so much for your comments, and may blessings of allah be upon you for all the kind work you do for animlas, in thehumane society, and by what you write here.

I fully respect the teachings od the written word of Islam, and i will live by the word...I will not however, become party to killing any creature put on this Earth by allah...

It is so true...Dogs are what they are, because of the way we as humans bring them up...many people are more dirty than any dog, but would we ill treat them or abuse them, no we would not, and allah would not have us do so either. should we be guilty of the ill treatment of any human, or dog, we would not be living for the word of Allah.

Elephants too are Allah's creation, as are bugs, reptiles, and anything else living that walks, crawls, or survives on the earth. I can not and will not be party to any rejection or mis treatment of any creature, and I admire you for your work brother Hayfa.

I had an alsatian dog, who is now bleesed in the presence of paradise, who without any training, and by simple instinct, pulled a young boy from a river when he got into difficulties, my devotion and respect for that one animal lasted its whole life, and beyond.

i have much respect for the views of my brothers and sisters, but they muct know, that a dog would gladly give its life for us, if only in return for some love, affection, and food, during its mortal time here on Allahs Earth..Brother hayfa is right, it costs very little to wash in soap and clean water. Do not let two such things stand in the way of a loyal and devoted friend. My learning of Islam is growing, I have a dog at the moment i will not give her away, I will in respect of Islam, not get any further dogs as pets, but I will continue to help in the way of the Humane society, and other charities that seek to help these poor animals, who like us, did not choose to be born to this Earth.

Edited by jajabinks101
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 2:54pm

I never know dog, never live even a minute with them let alone owning it. But from my observation I don't see anything wrong with them.

I think because dogs are friendly animals which will make the human owners forget that they are animals by treating them equally like humans. It will make the human master retreat from human association. Possible?

jajabinks101 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jajabinks101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 5:03am

Hi Supreme

you are so right...dogs are loyal, friendly and devoted animals, if you treat them with the love that any animal deserves, they will be loyal for life.....they have feelings of emotion, and they feel pain, they think and they love too..the only difference between them and us, is they cant talk...

I follow islam, but will not hurt, or abandon any animal i have, or that may need help and shelter in the future. Allah will not think badly of this, he created these creatures in the first place, so we muct care for them, as he would expect.

peace to all

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 6:29pm

My husband and I have an African dog, the Rhodesian Ridgeback.  He is a very gentle giant.  We always bath him, I brush his teeth with a doggie toothbrush and toothpaste.  We take him to the vet's for grooming, such as trimming his toenails and keeping his "shots" up to date.  He is probably better behaved than most small children.  He follows all our commands.  If I am upset, he knows it, and will lay his head on my knee and look up at me with his big, brown eyes.  He loves to play with us and his stuffed animals.  He has NO bad odor and he does not have saliva coming from his mouth.  He loves children and nice people.  We live far out in the woods, so he never had to be fenced in or chained.  But he refuses to leave the yard when he is outside unless we hike in the woods with him.  He wants us around when he's running in the woods.  He has his own little room across from our bedroom, where he sleeps on his own dog bed.  We love him very much, and he loves us just as much.  Here is a picture of "Ridge" if you would like to see him.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 5:04am

Maash'allah,Very nice dog,Dear Patty,it seems so clean and well feeded,here mines comes if the link appears,picked up at our summer house while they are guarding the zone...They are Kangals but not the pure ones,we used to have the pure ones but the villagers beside our summer house refused them for their big bodies scaring the other dogs and children they say,they were right...

Edited by Suleyman
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 7:47am

Oh, Suleyman, they are wonderful dogs!  I love dogs, they are so faithful and loving.  It's very sad that some people abuse them and don't understand that they have feelings too.

I like to watch The Animal Planet here on television.  They show many big Championship shows, which chooses a champion dog from every type....like herding dogs, hunting dogs, hounds, miniature dogs, etc.  I have seen your sheep herding dogs on there.  They win a lot of awards, and are very beautiful dogs.  They are really BIG, but big dogs are not any more to be feared than a little poodle.  It's how the dog's "person" trains the dog that matters.  It's up to the owner to properly teach and instruct the dog in how it is to behave properly...just like we do with little children.  (Our big dog, Ridge, sleeps in his cushioned dog bed with a little stuffed animal.  He loves his stuffed animals........and his favorite people are little children.  He seems to sense they will never hurt him, and he recognizes their innocence.

Also, many dogs perform some great services.  They help lead the blind, the sniff out drugs and explosives, they search for persons who have been trapped in earthquakes or explosions, and they find missing people in the woods.  They have also saved people many times by pulling them out of the water when they were drowning.  I love dogs and believe God gave them to us as a "gift".  I once heard a saying that the only thing bad about dogs is that they "don't live long enough".  I cannot imagine what my life will be like without Ridge when he finally is gone.  It will be very sad at our home.

Here is a picture of Ridge swimming with me in the Bay behind our cottage:

Here he's in a "contemplative" mood:

God's Peace!

Patty

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 7:50am

Suleyman, I also meant to say that your gardens and flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!!  What a lovely place you live in. 

Peace to you....

Patty

jajabinks101 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jajabinks101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2006 at 11:51am

Hi Patty and suleyman,

Thankyou both for taking time to write on this subject. What wonderful dogs you both have, and what lovely writing, about a subject very close to my heart...

t is so nice to see so many who love the creation of  Allah, i hope others now see that dogs only show the difference, because they can not talk..they feel, love, cry, and suffer like any human, and are certainly more well behaved than many humans, let alone children

A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic