IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - new born baby names  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new born baby names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new born baby names
    Posted: 23 January 2007 at 8:39am

I like KEON (pronounced "kee-yan").

I think in Persian it means ancesstor or something along those lines. It also is how in Welsh they say and write the name John.

I also like PARSA (pronounced "parssa") it means one who avoids sins.

Respectfully
aka2x2
MAL�K HAMZA View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MALÝK HAMZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 9:57am

There is best name for your son!

Before The Prophet Muhammad came to the world, his name was known as Ahmet by other Prophets.

in english Ahmad

It means that Our Prophet' s name at the sky is ''Ahmad''

USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 9:55am

Assalamu'Alaikum,

JazakAllahKhair! and Mabruk on your new lil' baby.....

In Egypt the first son is always named after the father so that the lines of Inheritance according to Islam are easily traced.....

However if this is not your first son it is popular to name you sons after The Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) or the other Prophets(AS) also the Sahaba.... or after Surahs or names of believers mentioned in the Quran.

Alhamdulillah we have been blessed with 4 sons:

One of my sons name is Nuh after the prophet Nuh(AS)or Noah in English...

One of my other sons is Named Tariq his name is from the Quran and means first morning Star....

One of my other sons names is one of Allahs(Swt) names but with Abdel in front to indicate he is a servant of Allah(Swt) his name is the Avatar I have chosen to use he is my oldest and now counts as my mahram in his fathers absence. 

My other and youngest sons name comes from a term Dhikr of Allah.

So MashAllah you have lots of options.

Alhamdulillah our family is complete now but if I was to have another son I would name him Bilal....and If I was blessed with a daughter I would've named her Khadijah after the Prophet Muhammads(pbuh) wife the first woman to take Shahadah....

You can also type into any search engine and pull up many directories with muslim baby names and get the meanings as well....

Mabruk again on your new blessing and Insha'Allah you and your husband will come up with a good muslim name for your son.

absnahdi View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absnahdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 6:01am

i have got new baby boy, if someone have good baby names so please could u, share with me, with good meaning names,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic