IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello from new member  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from new member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeker111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from new member
    Posted: 18 January 2007 at 8:55am

Greetings to everyone,

My name is Ben Mincey,and I am new to this forum.I live with my wife and 9mo old daughter in Myrtle Beach,S.C. USA.About twenty years ago, I accepted Islam when I was living (briefly) in New Orleans. Unfortunately,I did not fully understand what I was accepting at the time.Due to this and the fact that there was no Muslim community in my area to turn to,I eventually fell away from the faith.

I never forgot my experience however,nor did I forget how well I was treated by the Muslims in New Orleans.They accepted me unconditionally like family,and this always stuck with me down through the years.Now things seem to have come full circle in my life. Through self study and much reflection and contemplation,I have come to realise that ALLAH is speaking to my heart,and it is perhaps time to listen.

I look forward to alot of illuminating and informative discussion with everyone.I also wish everyone much peace and love.

Ben

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 10:14pm
seeker111:
Welcome
Enjoy your IC forum
Salaamoalaikum
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 10:26pm

Assalaamualaikum,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 2:09am
Hello!
on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 8:46am

Welcome,

I guess being a father, being a witness to an exciting miracle-since your daughter is a miracle by herself- should be strenghtening your belief day by day.

Your statement "Allah is speaking to my heart" reminded me of another sentence I read from Ikbal;which affected my understanding and experience of Islam ; he tells about an advice his father made ;"read Kuran as if it is spoken directly to "you" !"

welcome again.

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 9:24am

Welcome brother welcome. May I advise you, read the prophets biography peace be upon him, its called Muhammed: His life based on the earliest sources by Martin Lings and you can find it on amazon. It is a most wonderful book which inshAllah (Allah willing) will fill your heart with faith. Also of course understand the basics again if you will. Also to re strengthen your faith heres some miracles of the Quran:

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/perfection_index.html

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_index.html

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 5:44am
Originally posted by seeker111 seeker111 wrote:

Greetings to everyone,

My name is Ben Mincey,and I am new to this forum.I live with my wife and 9mo old daughter in Myrtle Beach,S.C. USA.About twenty years ago, I accepted Islam when I was living (briefly) in New Orleans. Unfortunately,I did not fully understand what I was accepting at the time.Due to this and the fact that there was no Muslim community in my area to turn to,I eventually fell away from the faith.

I never forgot my experience however,nor did I forget how well I was treated by the Muslims in New Orleans.They accepted me unconditionally like family,and this always stuck with me down through the years.Now things seem to have come full circle in my life. Through self study and much reflection and contemplation,I have come to realise that ALLAH is speaking to my heart,and it is perhaps time to listen.

I look forward to alot of illuminating and informative discussion with everyone.I also wish everyone much peace and love.

Ben

Assalamu Alaikum,

Welcome to the forum, Brother.  Insha Allah, you would like this place.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
seeker111 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeker111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 6:13am

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome !!! Also thanks to Arab for the links,they have been most helpful!!! I have managed to contact a Brother in my area who I have befriended.Also my wife is showing an interest in Islam and perhaps ALLAH shall open her heart to the truth as well Insha'allah.

Wishing much peace and love to everyone,

Ben

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic