IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mohammad & Wives  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mohammad & Wives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 11:44am

I had been away from the dscussions for the last few days and wondered about the reactions of muslims about the topic when I saw the heading. I am glad to see that everything is okay and peace has come back to the forum. I want to thank especially to Arab who grasped the subject strongly and narrated a very understandable, simple but rich paragraph about the view point of Islam towards the last prophet.

I read another book written by Lings however his perspective seemed to be covering the culture rather than having a deep insight into the religion itself. I hope I am not forcing the treshold of politeness by explaining this idea since I am certainly not a writer nor an authority about Mohammed's (sav) life. As a citizen of a developing country (as the developed say) I am well aware of that muslims will be bothered with similar questions either about Mohammed's private life or about some other issues which doesn't seem easily understandable by the western mind. These exercises will help the muslim to develop the way of thinking and deepen their sincere understanding of Islam and help newcomers pass over the obstacles of mind they encounter during the walk to the reality.

This discussion was an exciting one, thanks everybody for their contributions.

I hope Kay will not stuck on rough points but walk through the wider way of understanding. In time muslims learn more about life and about Allah and become closer to Allah so that rough points become smoother and questions find their answers one by one.

As salaam.

senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 4:04pm

on1on5 wrote: 

I hope Kay will not stuck on rough points but walk through the wider way of understanding. In time muslims learn more about life and about Allah and become closer to Allah so that rough points become smoother and questions find their answers one by one.

There is a lot of truth in what you say.  I have been told acceptance is the answer to most of my problems.

Jamal thank you for the link. it was a good article

Edited by senekerk
Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 6:17pm

Salam Alaikom.. I also would like to add that (unfortanetly I cant findthe hadith humber for this, Im trying to find it) that the Prophet never saw any of his wives completely without clothing out of respect to them and never allowed any of them to see him in that way either. I will try and find the hadith humber insha Allah

senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 6:25am

As Salaam Alaikom

Arab, thank you for your kindness, but it is not necessary for you to find the hadith.  I am through this rough spot.  Your previous posts satisfied my questions.

Peace

Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 7:12am
 my pleasure, thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic