IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mohammad & Wives  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mohammad & Wives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 6:03am
Thank you peacemaker.
Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 6:10am

Salam Alaikom. Well, lets not forget that the prophet never wanted to marry after Khadija whom he greatly loved.

The main reason he married many women was that the Arabs were tribal people. They have been divided for hundreds of years. So he was afraid that after he dies, if he had only married one woman from one tribe the people would fight. The tribe boasting that he only married from them. So he married a woman from the biggest tribe so that there would be no problems between them. He didnt care about women (as in sexually) proof is that he was offered by the Quraish tribe to be their king and their richest one and to get all the women he wants as long as he gives up calling ppl to Islam. He refused and said that "I sware by the name of God oh uncle that if they place the moon in left hand and the sun in my right hand that I should leave this matter I did not leave it until God makes it triumph or I perish defending it".

Even his beloved wife Aisha reported that he could ignore sexual activity and all these things for an infinite amount of time. Prayer was all he cared about and "He was the living Quran".

Hope I cleared it up senekerk. So in conclusion the mainr eason was not to divide the Arabs and so that they wont have conflicts after his death. Keep in mind the Arabs would go to war over anything two tribes once went to war for 40 year over a goat. They had an argument who would have the goat! And killed each other for fourty years!

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 6:14am
Yes as you said. He said after Khadija died to one who told him why dont u get married that "and is there any woman after Khadija" thats how greatly he loved her and he would always speak of her in front of his wives which would make them jelous. He would also never forget her friends and give them charity because he loved Khadija greatly.
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 10:18am

OK so he married to form bonds with Arab tribes, and he did not really want to marry and sex wasn't an issue so why did he marry beautiful women?

Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 10:20am
He was a human being and who doesnt love beauty? Plus not al the woman he married were beatiful, many were and theres nothing wrong with that as I said who doesnt love beauty.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

OK so he married to form bonds with Arab tribes, and he did not really want to marry and sex wasn't an issue so why did he marry beautiful women?

By asking this type of questions you are past the point of seeking into rude trolling and wasting the time and energies of sincere members of this forum. You have overlooked the rest of his grand performance and and being a picayunish on his personal life.

Allah does not tolerate the rudeness to his messenger and doesn't care for someone who has pathetic ideas stuck into her head. IMHO the Satan is whispering this to nafs.

My answer to your question is>>>>>>>> why not?

I think your nafs (ego) will not be satisfied by any body when you let your wild imagination run into trivial non productive areas of such sort of seeking.
I would suggest that other folks to stop answering this kind of nonsense.

Arab: salaam
 If I remember correctly that you are graduating from high school wants to study psychology, mashallah you have good knowledge of faith and you like to help and  inform the seekers.
Ithink you are young and sincere but you know your efforts will well served for some one who is really seeking and not trolling.

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

By asking this type of questions you are past the point of seeking into rude trolling and wasting the time and energies of sincere members of this forum. You have overlooked the rest of his grand performance and and being a picayunish on his personal life.

Allah does not tolerate the rudeness to his messenger and doesn't care for someone who has pathetic ideas stuck into her head. IMHO the Satan is whispering this to nafs.

My answer to your question is>>>>>>>> why not?

I think your nafs (ego) will not be satisfied by any body when you let your wild imagination run into trivial non productive areas of such sort of seeking.
I would suggest that other folks to stop answering this kind of nonsense.

Arab: salaam
 If I remember correctly that you are graduating from high school wants to study psychology, mashallah you have good knowledge of faith and you like to help and  inform the seekers.
Ithink you are young and sincere but you know your efforts will well served for some one who is really seeking and not trolling.

I am truely sorry you think I am being rude. I am not a troll and my feeling are very hurt by your sarcasm.  I am 58 yrs old not graduating from high school and after reading about four wives who were described as beautiful I was a little put off by it.  The rest of the book is not a problem. and I know it is a trival point but somehow it makes Muhammad (pbuh) less prophet like and more male-like and I just want to understand.  I think an apology is owed

Edited by senekerk
Kay
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by Arab Arab wrote:

He was a human being and who doesnt love beauty? Plus not al the woman he married were beatiful, many were and theres nothing wrong with that as I said who doesnt love beauty.

Thank you arab this is the answer I expected and I accept it

I guess the best answer is because Allah willed it.

Edited by senekerk
Kay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic