IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Visiting local Masjid  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visiting local Masjid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 5:18pm

Just wanted to update you. I did visit the Masjid today.  They have a school there during the week.  I got two names of sisters that would be willing to help me in study of Qur'an.  No prayers were going on while I was there. Everyone was friendly.  I found out there is a very small Masjid in the town I live in out side of Knoxville, Tn So I may go there also. thanks everybody for your support.

Was Salaam

Kay
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

Just wanted to update you. I did visit the Masjid today.  They have a school there during the week.  I got two names of sisters that would be willing to help me in study of Qur'an.  No prayers were going on while I was there. Everyone was friendly.  I found out there is a very small Masjid in the town I live in out side of Knoxville, Tn So I may go there also. thanks everybody for your support.

Was Salaam

Congratulations, I hope it wasn't all that difficult!
I was in Knoxville in 37 years ago to visit my brother at Tennessee U, it is too fuzzy right now but I am glad that you found the Masgid. Keep us posted about the progress. Salaamoalaikum

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 7:49pm

As Salaam alaikum,

I was invited by one of the siters to come to the Masjid tonight. They had a dinner in honor of those who complete Hajj this year.  it was interesting to hear the stories of those who went. One sister has agreed to meet with me, answer questions,  & talk about Islam. Everything went well.

peace y'all

Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 9:36pm
Al hamdulilah sister.
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 8:15am
Peace Kay -

I am excited for you - t'barak Allah alik.

Jamal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic