IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A website w/info about concept of trinity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A website w/info about concept of trinity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 7:33am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

I have yet to find a trinity analogy that does not prove modalism.

Try this one:

God the Father is the creator and how Christians describe the God we worship. This is the realm of our thoughts and intentions.

God the Son is how we carry out the will of the God the Father on earth. This is the realm of our physical actions.

The Holy Spirit is the flow between the two, and the connection between all people.  It is the realm of the emotional.

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Greetings David,

You might pull your hair out trying to explain this one to me.

My question: why does God need a son?

Peace.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 7:58am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

My question: why does God need a son?

Peace.

Surely you should know that by now, even if you don't believe and get it

The son of God came to redeem man from the original sin from Adam and Eve's fall, and to reconnect man and God.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 9:54am
God does not need anything, but a son needs a father.

The point of viewing the Trinity this way is that it avoids anthropomorphization. "Son" is to indicate that it logically proceeds from the father.

Edited by DavidC
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2007 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I have noticed (while not responding, as it's not my place here) that there is also great dissention among various tribes/sects of good Muslims.)  So it's not only Christians who bat around the possibilities of what is meant in holy documents, such as the Qu'ran and the Bible.

Greetings Patty.

I would like to point out that the sectarian differences amongst Muslims is a very different "animal", than the theological differences that plagued Christians, especially in the first 4 centuries.

1) For Christians, the differences were about the very basic ideas that would make up the tenents of belief concerning Jesus. This would be the same as Muslims splitting into groups and fighting over the nature of Proohet Muhammad (saw), or his mission, or the nature of God, or the relationship between the prophet (saw) and God.

2) For Christians, the differences were about such fundemental topics, that the diverse ideologies are an evidence that the church doctors did more speculating about Jesus than conjuring facts. For Muslims, even when you look at the rift between Shias and Sunnis, you will find that the initial rift was not so cannonized, and the two sides held major concepts about God and prophet Muhammad (saw) to be the same. As time passed, the Shias did pick up some theolgical differences and methods for deriving religous law, but they still hold that there are five pillars, which sunnis hold to. So on a fundemental level, they do agree. 

Take care Patty!

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic