IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A website w/info about concept of trinity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A website w/info about concept of trinity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2007 at 7:21pm

Bmzsp: The main point of my exegesis was that Jesus was not really worshipped as a god or God, when he was alive.

Me:    Imagine this.  Tommy comes home from school one day, and his mother isn�t home.  Mr. Jones, a trusted neighbor, comes over and explains that there was an emergency, and she had to go out of town.  She will be gone for a week.  Meanwhile, Tommy is to stay with him.  When Tommy obeys what Mr. Jones says, it is the same as obeying his mother.  Or, however, Tommy responds to him, it is the same as if he responded to his mother that way.

Now, Tommy doesn�t have to physically bow down to Mr. Jones, but if he doesn�t bow down spiritually to him (submit his will to Mr. Jones because he is telling Tommy what his mother said) Tommy will have to face the consequences when his mother gets home.

Some neighborhood kids ask Tommy to go to the playground after dinner.  Mr. Jones says that he has to stay there and do his homework.  When he tells the other kids, they tell Tommy that Mr. Jones isn�t his mother.  When Tommy persists in esteeming (obeying, honoring, worshiping) Mr. Jones as he would his mother, they say that he doesn�t know the difference between his mother and Mr. Jones.  Some say that Tommy dishonored his mother by honoring Mr. Jones as his mother.  Some are convinced that Tommy actually thinks  Mr. Jones is his mother.

What do you think?

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 12:35am

Mauri,

What do I think?

Mr. Jones was the baby-sitter for the day.

Mauri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 8:45am
bmzsp: Mr. Jones was the baby-sitter for the day.
Me:  Yes.
Now, imagine that you are the parent.
You hear of the conflict going on between Tommy and the neighborhood kids. 
What would you do?
Would you not see the need to send another messenger to the neighborhood kids to confirm the first messenger and instruct them to "say not two"..."say not 'pair'" but to see the oneness?

And,
foreseeing that they would protest that there are two, indeed, for surely, Mr. Jones is not you, would you not have the messenger to instruct them to "say not three" ....."say not trinity", but to see the oneness (the unity) rather than the separateness (division) of you, your message, and the one who delivers your message?

Edited by Mauri
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 5:54am

Originally posted by Mauri Mauri wrote:

bmzsp: Mr. Jones was the baby-sitter for the day.
Me:  Yes.
Now, imagine that you are the parent.
You hear of the conflict going on between Tommy and the neighborhood kids. 
What would you do?
Would you not see the need to send another messenger to the neighborhood kids to confirm the first messenger and instruct them to "say not two"..."say not 'pair'" but to see the oneness?

mauri, you went off track after the question what would you do, I don't think it happens that way, infact i don't recall it happening at all. Not when one is babysitting a child, normally the babysitter has a set of instructions and so does the child, and if the child is being unruly and not listening and the babysitter cannot do anything else, the babysitter will more likely to ring the parent or the child might get in and ring the parent/s in defiance of the babysitter, reality does not speak that a new or second messager will come to tell that child  

What would i do if i was the parent, ring up my child and tell him, not send another messager to confirm the first which is Mr Jones. I would not be gone a week and not ring/speak to my kid.

Quote And, foreseeing that they would protest that there are two, indeed, for surely, Mr. Jones is not you, would you not have the messenger to instruct them to "say not three" ....."say not trinity", but to see the oneness (the unity) rather than the separateness (division) of you, your message, and the one who delivers your message?

This does not compute with reality. sorry.

Your analogy is a bit incorrect, needs to change

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 6:24am

Angel,

Thanks for carrying my baby!  Oh! What the hell did I write! Anyway, I agree with you.

Mauri, are you going to quote me the example of egg, later?  I mean the white, the yolk and the shell all in one, so distinct yet one in an egg-shell. Was that a prelude to this?

BMZ

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 7:18am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Angel,

Thanks for carrying my baby!  Oh! What the hell did I write! Anyway, I agree with you.

lol!  

and your welcome, i think

Quote Mauri, are you going to quote me the example of egg, later?  I mean the white, the yolk and the shell all in one, so distinct yet one in an egg-shell. Was that a prelude to this? BMZ

egg ?? haven't heard that one before  

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 7:41am

Angel,

From you: "egg ?? haven't heard that one before  "

The egg is used to describe Trinity. It is the easiest and so far one of the "best" examples to make anyone understand Trinity.

The egg has a shell, yolk and the white. All are distinct, yet one and all are "co-equal". Yet the egg is One.

Edited by bmzsp
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 8:39am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Angel,

From you: "egg ?? haven't heard that one before  "

The egg is used to describe Trinity. It is the easiest and so far one of the "best" examples to make anyone understand Trinity.

but i haven't heard of it before, and this is coming from one who used many triuine examples in my talks of the trinity, including mind, body and spirit = human being  

Quote the egg has a shell, yolk and the white. All are distinct, yet one and all are "co-equal". Yet the egg is One.

oh your poor little confused faced   yes the egg is one, until you crack it,  you cannot have one without the other otherwise it wouldn't be an egg  or a whole egg  

umm i think its still called an egg with just the yolk and the white thou  even when you beat it  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic