IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Kindom of Heaven" Islamic Movie?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Kindom of Heaven" Islamic Movie?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Kindom of Heaven" Islamic Movie?
    Posted: 10 January 2007 at 3:09pm

Assalamu'Alaikum,

If someone has seen this could you please let me know is this an Islamic movie or is it a movie with some Islamic themes.

One of the br's(adult) at our masjid was talking to the kids about this movie and many of the other younger br's had seen it with their parents approval. My kids wanted to know if they could see it and I was shocked when we went online and saw a "R" rating.

As a rule we only watch Islamic or movies/shows that would fit comply Shariah. So what is this movie about and would it comply with Shariah?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 5:17pm
Kingdom of Heaven is not an "Islamic" movie it is a movie about the Crusades set in Jerusalem. Although it depicts historical figures such as Salahudin it is by no means an Islamic movie.
USA-NIQAABI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA-NIQAABI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 5:40pm

Assalamu'Alaikum,

Thank You, for giving me a heads-up I was very suspicious of the "R" rating... I'm so out of touch with the movies that are out.

Okay, I'll let the kids know that it is not appropriate.

I'm so glad you responded.

It's just really shocking to see what some parents think is appropriate for children to view.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 6:12pm
Actually, it's not much of any kind of movie.  I didn't find any of the characters convincing, and it goes on forever.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 4:08pm
It was no where near as fun as the thirteenth warrior.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 5:20pm

Originally posted by Daniel Dworsky Daniel Dworsky wrote:

It was no where near as fun as the thirteenth warrior.

Yes except for the fact that it is still improper to drink anything alcoholic, such as the product of fermented honey, "mead" as comsumed by the character portrayed by Antonio Banderas. That was a misrepresentation! It is a fun movie anyway! I had to watch it for a "Islam as portrayed by the arts" paper I did in my undergrad

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 1:54pm
Which answered my next question
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic