IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proof from Bible that Jesus never died  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proof from Bible that Jesus never died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2007 at 7:46am

Originally posted by Arab Arab wrote:

Covered, u consider the original sin to be rational? How can u follow a Bible (no disrespect but I have to know) which has so many errors and contradictions and unscientific facts and most of what has been written in it isnt even known to have been written by whom?

Errors and contradictions: And so some believe that with the quran  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
covered View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

in Ezekiel 18 that suggests what you have just tried to say. I am left to gather that as of yesterday, you had never actually read Ezekiel 18. You do understand that his audience was in exhile?

Yes I do understand that his audience was in exile AND that they remained in exile because of their own sins.  And honey, I have read the entire bible from front to back more than a few times.

covered View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by Arab Arab wrote:

Covered, u consider the original sin to be rational? How can u follow a Bible (no disrespect but I have to know) which has so many errors and contradictions and unscientific facts and most of what has been written in it isnt even known to have been written by whom?

As for your accusation of the bible having all sort of errors in it, I have been well versed in what non-believers call contradictions, errors, and unscientific facts.  And let me say this, what you ascertain is false.  And I could just as easily say much about the Koran, but I have found these sort of debates to be nothing more that mud slinging matches that help neither party understand the other any better.   So we will not go there and I will simply tell you this....

1Cr 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Cr 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Besides, I met Jesus Himself, literally.

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 4:07pm
Literally :o?
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 12:54pm

Covered, I think I  know where you're going with this.  However, you said:

"Besides, I met Jesus Himself, literally."

May I ask where and when?

The Bible states we will not see God (Jesus is God in the Christian faith, remember) until we get to Heaven.

I'm anxiously awaiting your answer.  And I'm praying against prayer (gulp) that you are NOT referring to the Eucharist!

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 12:57pm

Hi Arab!  You stated this:

"most of what has been written in it isnt even known to have been written by whom?"

We know when the words were written, and we know who wrote them.  Because we believe, and we have great faith!   Also, it has been studied by the greatest scholars and scientists in the world.  We have no doubts as to the authenticity of the Holy Bible.

Blessings.

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Seeker of Truth View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seeker of Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 7:57am

Greetings and Peace All!

I havent read every post in this thread,but just wanted to say something..I studied the Judeo-Christian Scrpitures for years when I was a Christian and always had questions about the Bible that no one really could answer and one of them was concerning this very topic.]

My question was,in Matthew 12:40 its says.."For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

So why does it say in Mark 16:1-2 "And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the [mother] of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him."

"And very early in the morning the first [day] of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun."

when talking about the resurrection,that Jesus(pbuh) rose from the dead on Sunday?There's no way you can count 3 days and 3 nights from Friday evening until Sunday at sunrise? 

The only reply I ever got was what one here calls beating around the bush;they would say something like "Well its figurative and only implies that Jesus would be in the grave for 3 days or parts". Uh no,it says 3 days and 3 nights(which coincidentally equals 72 hrs,not 24,not 36,not 48).So Jesus was suppose to have said the only sign would be that of Jonah,but according to the same bible he was risen before that time period ended,which would have been just before sunset on Monday,if he was buried on Friday just before sunset.

So we have one big contradiction right there,which concerns the very Messiahship of Jesus and the very formation of Christianity from a Biblical account,but people still believe it.

How am I to believe that Jesus(pbuh) said this and then believe that he didnt fullfill that prophecy(according to the bible he was in the grave 2 nights(friday and saturday) and 1 whole day(sturday),remember its believed that he was buried just before night on friday,was in the grave all of saturday and rose just before sunrise early on sunday,so not all of friday or sunday),and still believe that he rose from the dead and that he is the son of God?

I for one cannot believe this based on the contradictions.This is just one reason I have began to study Islaam.And there are many other contradictions,but most just over look them..

PEACE

Jerry

Also to ponder,all scriptures that say God has a son,or that God is more than one contradict these:

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous God:"

Mrk 12:9 "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:"

Matthew 4:10 "Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."

Edited by Seeker of Truth
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 8:13am

Hi Jerry,

"So we have one big contradiction right there,which concerns the very Messiahship of Jesus and the very formation of Christianity from a Biblical account,but people still believe it."

People believe it because they never read. Only those who have read and studied thoroughly would question. You did it.

Not a single Christian friend has ever bothered to read the Jewish Holy Scriptures which have been there for centuries before OT was copied from them and have not compared to see the differences.

The Jews could never find Messiah (Jesus) prophesised in their Holy Scriptures but the Chrsitians found Jesus in almost all chapters of the Jewish Holy Scriptures copied, edited, re-written and named as the Old Testament, the name having been coined by the people who formed the New Testament.   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic