IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proof from Bible that Jesus never died  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proof from Bible that Jesus never died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by Mauri Mauri wrote:

What??? Is that what you "read"?  Look again.
I said,
Once you understand the Quran, you will be able to see its truths everywhere you look.
Are you correcting me--telling me that once you understand the Quran, you're not a Muslim?  If so, I disagree.  I think that's when you become more of a Muslim than ever!

Oh, now I get your point, sorry I misunderstood the entire thing lol.

Mauri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 2:06pm
by believe in the bible I mean the one given to Jesus.

I don't think Jesus got a Bible.  When he read scripture in the synagogue, he read from the scrolls they already had.  He did elaborate on the meaning of what they already knew....and those who understand that he was not contradicting the accepted scrolls received it and became his followers.

He took what they had, broke it down, blessed it (didn't criticize it, but enhanced it) and when he gave it back to them, what was once just enough for a little boy was enough to feed a multitude and have plenty left over!

Oh, now I get your point, sorry I misunderstood the entire thing lol.
No problem.  See how easy it is to misunderstand?
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 2:08pm
lol of course it is.
Mauri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 3:22pm
lol of course it is.

Unfortunately, few seem to be willing to slow down and take a second look (or listen) before drawing a line in the sand and daring someone to step over it.  

No matter what prophet comes or what Holy book one honors, they end up being abused by the unwise (foolish) or proud (already know all there is to know) or slothful (too lazy to seek wisdom). 

Here is a verse in the Quran that has been abused:

"They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity, for there is no god except One God" (Qur'an 5:73).
It certainly is blasphemy to say that God is one of three in a Trinity. 
But, not knowing what "blasphemy" means (only knowing that it is really, really bad and wanting to avoid being guilty of it), they end up doing the one thing that they fear most and don't even know it! 
If they knew what "blasphemy" meant, they would understand why God is not one in three and why it is blasphemous to say that He is.  And, they would also realize that it is even more blasphemous to say that there is no trinity because, besides blaspheming the Quran, they reduce God to idol.  They move from blaspheming God's Word to blaspheming God!

Edited by Mauri
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 6:59pm
I think I will create a new thread on the original topic again, since this thread has gone else where 3 pages ago.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
covered View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote covered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 9:35pm

Originally posted by Mauri Mauri wrote:

Proof from the Quran that Jesus died:

Surah Al-Imran: "And Muhammad is only an apostle, all of the (other) apostles have passed away before him: if, then, he dies or is slain, will you turn about on your heels" (Q3:144 Asad's translation)?

Ok so in the second chapter of the first book noted here at this site, I already found a misquote from the bible.  The book at your site says that Jesus said in John 8:32, "seek ye the truth, and the truth shall set you free".

But this is what it actually says...

Jhn 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Jhn 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
Jhn 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;
Jhn 8:32

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jhn 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Jhn 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

I included more than the actual scripture that was misquoted so as to keep it in context.

The bible does say in another place to seek and you will find, here it is....

Mat 7:7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

I will read more of what is there in those books, in the hopes of understanding why you believe that Jesus wasn't crucified.

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 3:24am

Simply sister because we dont believe in the original sin. We believe God judges us by what we do not wby what Adam and Eve did. We believe that God forgave Adam and Eve and that God is Mercifull and forgives our sins if we repent and mean it, so why would He have to sacrifice Jesus in order to forgive us? He wouldnt. If we believed in the original sin it would make sence that God would sacrific Jesus since God had to find a way to forgive us. Common sence, Jesus didnt do anything why shoul dhe be buchered, this isnt fair. God is fair, this isnt. This isnt even rational. If your father steals (God forbid) can we send you to jail? No. Thats what Islam says. We believe God saved Jesus from the crusifixion since God is Mercifull. Again, common sence and complete rationality.

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 3:34am

The original sin is even rejected in the OT.

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son (the progeny of Adam) shall not bear the iniquity of the father (Adam), neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die." Ezekiel 18:20-21

(emphasis is mine)

This is Islam idea of salvation, you be good =) even a smile is considered charity in Islam.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic