IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proof from Bible that Jesus never died  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proof from Bible that Jesus never died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 3:52pm

Originally posted by Arab Arab wrote:

I have never herd of an al sad translation in the first place. Read the good translations not the so called asad.

Hello Arab,

Muhammad Asad, an ex-Jew was formerly known as Leopold Weiss. He has done an excellent translation of Qur'aan in English with some short commentaries separately. His translation is one of the best.

Hope you can get a copy in Kuwait.

Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 4:39pm
Dont u see the mistake hes made in the translation?
Mauri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 7:01pm
Arab,
Jesus was rescued by Allah from the crusifiction because God is merciful so He didnt allow such a barbaric thing to be done to His messenger. Jesus is in heaven, yes he is unique meaning he never died and went to heaven, he will come back, and unite the world  and die because we all have to die.
That sounds a whole lot like you believe he is God, whether you actually come out and say it, or not.

So, of all the prophets who have been beaten, imprisoned, tortured and killed, Jesus is the only one that God had mercy on?  (Personally, I think it would have been more more merciful to let him die.)  Anyway, it sounds like you think even God exalts Jesus above everyone else--all the other messengers who were brutally abused and the thousands of little children, especially babies, who suffer torture and crucifixion, some for years.  Surely, you are not suggesting that Jesus' uniqueness is because he is the only one not born in sin. 

sorry if i was a bit harsh in the begening.
I found it interesting, not offensive....so no problem. You are not the first to come out fighting because of what you think I believe.  But, you are the first to apologize for it.  I appreciate that and respect you for it.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 11:06pm

Dont u see the mistake hes made in the translation?

Please point out the mistake/s and we can discuss.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 2:42am

Jesus was rescued by Allah from the crusifiction because God is merciful so He didnt allow such a barbaric thing to be done to His messenger. Jesus is in heaven, yes he is unique meaning he never died and went to heaven, he will come back, and unite the world  and die because we all have to die

I know this is Christians and muslims dogma for the son of Mary living in heaven. Here is for what he said in below ayah:

He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet, (19:30)
And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive, (19:31)

The almsgiving above is Zakat, a yearly tax from one year income.

What kind of work he does now while still living that generates a yearly income, in which the zakat is compulsory for him? And to whom he give that zakat - in heaven?

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 2:44am

No, I dont believe he is God of course not that would be blasphemy. He was rescued by God, for one main reason which is to come back later on and guide the world as God's prophet. Its what God wanted to happen. In end, God has mercy on everyone, just in different ways. As for being born in Islam, maybe you havent herd this but in Islam we dont believe in the original sin.. We believe you are responsible for your own actions. The original sin simply makes no sence, if your father, God forbids, steals something, ca you be sent to jail for it? No, that isnt fair. Exactly, thats what Islam says. If you sin, you repent and Allah will forgive you, He is the most merciful. He doesnt kill his son in order to forgive you for something you never commited ! (the original sin). We believe that God forgave Adam and Eve and that they payed for what they did by being sent down here to earth and that was that. We also believe that everyone is born innocent, common sence, how can a baby not be innocent? Just look how cute they are ;p

Allah tells us in the Holly Quran that they (the jews) planned, but He also planned, and He is the best of all planers. That they planned to kill Jesus Christ peace be upon him, but Allah also had a plan, and what is mans plans compared to God, nothing.

Thanks.  Cuz there were several people who would come here on these fan forums and try to misquote the Quran so I figured you to be one of them thats why.

Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 2:48am
Superme the almsgiving or the zakat, is to be payed to the poor and it is obligatory. Since Jesus is in heaven, there are no poor, so he doesnt have to pay anything since he cant. And Allah knows best. Its like God telling you that as long as you're alive you have to go to church or go pray 5 times a day in the mosque etc, but common sence when you're in heaven, after you die and are ressurected, you wont have to do these things because you would be in heaven but still you would be alive, but you wont have to do these things.
Mauri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 10:05am
No, I dont believe he is God of course not that would be blasphemy.
Yes, I was surprised that you made him sound like God or a some half-God.

He was rescued by God, for one main reason which is to come back later on and guide the world as God's prophet.
So, you don't believe that Muhammed is the last prophet, but that Jesus will come after him?  Just Jesus, or do you think there will be other prophets to come besides him?

As for being born in Islam, maybe you havent herd this but in Islam we dont believe in the original sin.. We believe you are responsible for your own actions. The original sin simply makes no sence, if your father, God forbids, steals something, ca you be sent to jail for it? No, that isnt fair.
Fair or not, many a child has paid dearly for the sins of his parents--the parents take drugs, and the child is born deformed....the parents are promiscuous, and the child is born with aids.  But, no, these are not penalities imposed by man on the child, but by the course of nature. 

I think your topic of Jesus' dying/not dying is similar to Jesus' words:  "Seeing, they see not, and hearing, they hear not".   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic