IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ex-Suicidal Drug Addict Turns to Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ex-Suicidal Drug Addict Turns to Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Aboo Yacob View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aboo Yacob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ex-Suicidal Drug Addict Turns to Islam
    Posted: 05 February 2007 at 7:42pm
AllahuAkbar[Allah is the Greatest]
How many has he saved from the darkness of disbelieve to the light of Islaam?
This story, was subhanallah(Glory be to Allah)... Remarkable
Thank you for sharing, we all need to have our hearts purified.
May Allah Guide us all to that which pleases Him. and enter us into His Mercy and Paradise, the path to which is Islaam, and peace and blessings of Allah be upon all His Noble Messengers and Prophets.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

I am glad to know that it is one of the greatest ayah of the Qur'an and that it helps in time of grief.  I am certainly grieving--My mother-in-law is terminal stages of her life and sometimes that is overwhelming. ut the Qur'an certainly helps. Thank to both of you

wasalam (is that right?) yes

Assalaam Alaikum

This is off topic but.... do ruqya for her. Read the quranic verses (you can read any) best to read surah al fatiha, first chapter. Below is more information. wassalaam.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=3476&ln=eng&tx t=ruqya

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 2:13pm

I am glad to know that it is one of the greatest ayah of the Qur'an and that it helps in time of grief.  I am certainly grieving--My mother-in-law is terminal stages of her life and sometimes that is overwhelming. ut the Qur'an certainly helps. Thank to both of you

wasalam (is that right?)

Kay
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 11:45am

Assalaamualaikum,

Senekerk, your favourite ayah(verse) is the greatest ayah of the Quran according to a hadiith. Satan flees on hearing this ayah.

May Allah guide you and us.

Wassalam

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 5:26am

So far my favorite verse is Surah 2:255

Allah! there is no god but Him, the Living, the Eternal. neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. His is what is in heavens and what is in earth.  Who can interceede with Him except by His permission.  He knows what is before them and what lies behind them, and they can grasp only a part of His knowledge which He will His Throne embaces the heavens and the earth, and it tires Him not to uphold them both. His is the Highg, the Tremendous.

2: 255 is also called Ayat-ul-Kursi. Reciting this verse at the time of grief helps a lot, though it can be recited any time, and can really be a good reminder.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 1:38pm

So far my favorite verse is Surah 2:255

Allah! there is no god but Him, the Living, the Eternal. neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. His is what is in heavens and what is in earth.  Who can interceede with Him except by His permission.  He knows what is before them and what lies behind them, and they can grasp only a part of His knowledge which He will His Throne embaces the heavens and the earth, and it tires Him not to uphold them both. His is the Highg, the Tremendous.

Kay
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 4:45am

This story is very similar t my story. itoo am from southeastern Tennessee. i have had drug and alcohol problems. I am a member of alcoholic anonymous, and by trying to find a God of my understanding has lead me to Islam. I have not taken Shahada yet as I am still learning and trying to understand.  Thank you for this story I know Allah is working in my life.

Hi senekerk,

You are welcome.  It is so nice to know that you are learning Islam.

I would like to share a beautiful Qur'anic verse:

"We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their ownselves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur'�n) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?" 

Qur'an 41: 53

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 6:07pm
This story is very similar t my story. itoo am from southeastern Tennessee. i have had drug and alcohol problems. I am a member of alcoholic anonymous, and by trying to find a God of my understanding has lead me to Islam. I have not taken Shahada yet as I am still learning and trying to understand.  Thank you for this story I know Allah is working in my life.
Kay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic