IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the ruling on the shaving of the beard  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the ruling on the shaving of the beard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZubairH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 5:41pm
What? Thats bs, no offense. Shaving a beard is neither mukrooh nor sin. It is an optional extra virtue.
Crimsonrider91 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonrider91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 5:57am
I will not believe it until someone provides with a verse in the Glorious
Qu'ran that clearly instructs us to not shave our beards.
Mujahadeen View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mujahadeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:04pm
I got a few questions....

Am I to understand that we can only shave our mustaches? We cannot cut our hair when it gets too long, or trim the beard when it gets too long?

Also, our Prophet (SAW) said to shave the hair on our bodies, including the pubic hair. Why is this not considered disfigurement? Is this practice mandatory or Sunnah?

What about the hair on our heads?

Please someone answer me ASAP.

Edited by Mujahadeen
sulooni View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 5:38am

of course you can trim your beard and mustach....in fact its mustahab.

*stop promoting that site in this forum, you are welcome to do so in intrafaith*

Edited by amah
www.insight-info.com/forum/default
.:: SoHaIB ::. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:34pm
Its really good to have one and i would like to have one too but still is there any authentic hadith or a verse from quran that says its a sin to shave.....
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 2:47pm

Originally posted by .:: SoHaIB ::. .:: SoHaIB ::. wrote:

Its really good to have one and i would like to have one too but still is there any authentic hadith or a verse from quran that says its a sin to shave.....

Yes, May be it's good to have one, but never mandatory. Quran does not make it mandatory. So none has the right & authority from Allah to make it mandatory.

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 5:28am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala says in Holy Quran, 'Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL 3:31

Now it is Sahih Bukhari, 'Volume 1, Book 12, Number 713:

Narrated Abu Ma'mar:

We asked Khabbab whether Allah's Apostle used to recite (the Qur'an) in the Zuhr and the 'Asr prayers. He replied in the affirmative. We said, "How did you come to know about it?" He said, "By the movement of his beard."

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala left the choice for you.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 8:52am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala says in Holy Quran, 'Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL 3:31

Now it is Sahih Bukhari, 'Volume 1, Book 12, Number 713:

Narrated Abu Ma'mar:

We asked Khabbab whether Allah's Apostle used to recite (the Qur'an) in the Zuhr and the 'Asr prayers. He replied in the affirmative. We said, "How did you come to know about it?" He said, "By the movement of his beard."

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala left the choice for you.

wassalam

Your conclusion on beard is perfect. But I couldnt understand the Sahih Hadith:

Quran Says:

"You shall recite what is revealed to you of the Scripture (the Quran), and observe the Salat." 29:45

There are many other verses, saying us to recite and confirming that the prophet obeyed all the orders Allah gave and he didnt do anything else other than Quran.

By reading quran anyone can be sure that the prophet always recited from Quran in the salat. Does it mean that Abu Ma'mar didnt read or understand Quran? The answer is equally funny, the movement of beard can mean reading anything, how it can mean Quran? Doesn't it make us think of the basis of hadith how weak and baseless it is?

The verses or Quran is enough to prove what the prophet did.

***MOD EDIT***

Nu...please do not post your deviated ideas in any forum except in intrafaith section. This forum respects and adheres to quran AND sunnah. (read guidelines). You are welcome to discuss other issues here but you will not be allowed to treat hadith in this manner in other forums. Thank You.

Edited by amah
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic