IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the ruling on the shaving of the beard  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the ruling on the shaving of the beard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the ruling on the shaving of the beard
    Posted: 15 January 2009 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Samir_Abdul Samir_Abdul wrote:

if you work around food, you pretty much have to cut your beard....my cousin works at a KFC (kentucky fried chicken) and they wont even let him keep a little beard.. facial hair is strictly prohibited.....

a question though...i'm 24 years old and really have no facial hair..i dont shave it just doesnt grow...so how is that recieved...

Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamduillah!

I have something for you to watch ahki! Watch the whole thing! Less then 4 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSoLFBFI1lk&feature=related
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Samir_Abdul View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samir_Abdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 11:25am

if you work around food, you pretty much have to cut your beard....my cousin works at a KFC (kentucky fried chicken) and they wont even let him keep a little beard.. facial hair is strictly prohibited.....

a question though...i'm 24 years old and really have no facial hair..i dont shave it just doesnt grow...so how is that recieved...

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 8:48am
Originally posted by isslam isslam wrote:

hello brothers- peace be upon you all , does the beard make you muslim or does your actions and intentions? we must all find peace with allah unite brothers and do not fight amongst ourselves please pas it on

masalama

isslam

What makes you a Muslim is fulfilling the Mandatory obligations!  Rasullah(SAWS) commanded to grow the beard, and Allah commands to obey His Messenger(SAWS)!

"Say: "obey Allah and His Messenger.: But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith." Surah 3,Ayah 32

"He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah. But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds). " 
Surah 4, Ayah 80

Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 8:41am
Originally posted by ZubairH ZubairH wrote:

What? Thats bs, no offense. Shaving a beard is neither mukrooh nor sin. It is an optional extra virtue.

Excuse me kind brother, but you are telling me that the rulings of the Four Imams(Allah of mercy upon them) is "bs"?  You should reconsider. Could you offer your proof in support of "it is an optional extra virtue"? Multiple Proofs for the beard have been offered. Produce yours. I pray this isnt just your opinion!
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Crimsonrider91 Crimsonrider91 wrote:

I will not believe it until someone provides with a verse in the Glorious
Qu'ran that clearly instructs us to not shave our beards.

"It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path." Surah 33,Ayah36

"We sent not an apostle, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come unto thee and asked Allah.s forgiveness, and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee(Muhammad
(SAWS)) judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction
."
Surah 4, Ayat 64-65

The choice is yours, the authentic Ahadith have been posted elsewhere here.

Salam

Edited by Talib_Asadullah - 08 January 2009 at 8:42am
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
isslam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 9:57pm

hello brothers- peace be upon you all , does the beard make you muslim or does your actions and intentions? we must all find peace with allah unite brothers and do not fight amongst ourselves please pas it on

masalama

isslam

Allahuakbar501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allahuakbar501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 11:55am

Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 7, Book 72, Number 780:

Narrated Nafi':

Ibn Umar said, The Prophet said, 'Do the opposite of what the pagans do. Keep the beards and cut the moustaches short.' Whenever Ibn 'Umar performed the Hajj or 'Umra, he used to hold his beard with his hand and cut whatever moustaches. Ibn Umar used to cut his moustache so short that the whiteness of his skin (above the upper lip) was visible, and he used to cut (the hair) between his moustaches and his beard.

Volume 7, Book 72, Number 781:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 651:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Sahih Muslim:

Book 002, Number 0498:

Ibn Umar said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard grow.

Book 002, Number 0499:

Ibn Umar said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard.

Book 002, Number 0500:

Ibn Umar said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be opon him) said: Act against the polytheists, trim closely the moustache and grow beard.

Book 002, Number 0501:

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.

Book 002, Number 0502:

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be npon him) said: Ten are the acts according to fitra: clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick, snuffing water in the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes and cleaning one's private parts with water. The narrator said: I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth.

Growing the beard is mandatory no question about it so grow your beards brothers and wear the sign of the believers follow the sunnah like your life depended on it there is really no excuse not to,,Asalamu alaikum wa Rhmattullahi wa Barakatu

nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 12:34am

Firstly, Sorry if my last post did hurt anyone. Sister Fatima or any bro/sis; if you have an answer please answer me and help me to understand truth, in this intrafaith link:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8793& ;PN=1 

Quran Says:

"You shall recite what is revealed to you of the Scripture (the Quran), and observe the Salat." 29:45

And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way. 17:110

The hadith you Quoted above refers to a companion of the prophet. We expect a companion to have said prayer with the prophet and he is supposed to hear him reciting, according to the instruction of the Quran. The sahaba is supposed to know the instruction of Quran. Sahabas were also taught by the prophet how to say prayer according to the Quran.

So why one have to believe that a sahaba had to depend on the beard movement of the prophet to know what he had to recite in the prayer??

So either you believe that man (Whoever described the hadith, not Sahaba) or you believe Allah that the prophet and his companion followed the Quran.

I prefer to believe Allah who confirms that the prophet did everything whatever was told to him in Quran.

I am not disregarding the Quran, Prophet or the Companion. Just can't agree with the person who described the hadith & to my understanding wrongly reffered to the Sahaba. Coz if I believe that man; it will mean disregarding the Quran, Prophet and the Companion.

My apologies once again and would expect your reasons for not agreeing with me in the Intrafaith link above. Please help me, I want to correct myself if I am going wrong anywhere.

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic