IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stem Cell Transplants  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stem Cell Transplants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stem Cell Transplants
    Posted: 02 January 2007 at 12:27pm

There seems to be a medical problem I have concerning kidney failure and a blood disorder. I am wondering what the Islamic view of embryonic stem cell transplant is.  In my religion (Catholic) it is not acceptable at all because stem cells are usually taken from aborted babies....and abortion is one of the worst sins.  In fact, it is a mortal sin.  But stem cell implantation from umbilical cords, adult stem cell lines, and an individual's own cells is perfectly acceptable by my Church.  I spoke with an oncologist who attends my church, and he said they are making big advances in taking stem cells from embryoes in the womb....without damaging the embryo. 

If anyone reading this works in the scientific field could you offer me any information you have concerning this topic please?

Thank you very much.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic