IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MacHanging!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MacHanging!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 7:07pm

I personally saw the video of Saddam being hanged on YouTube...The scene was.....quite disturbing, but then again I'm used to seeing disturbing things. If I had to make a comparison to his victims I'd say that this individual had gotten off rather fairly. I highly doubt this man's execution would change the outcome in Iraq. I think what disturbs me was that this man was reciting the Shahadatain and, at the end when he was saying Muhammadan Rasul.....He was already dead. The video which was a camera phone had shot glances at Saddams face back and forth. His eyes still opened....Again quite gruesome.

I agree with the author that this trial....excuse me, mock trial was quite fast and the execution did land on a day which was considered "Holy" considered it landed on the day which Hajj ends. Now, both sides of this debate say that was disrespect to Islam. Some say that it was symbolic for one era and the beginning of another. So it boiled down to whatever perspective you thought.

Saddam was dead even when they found him in the Rabbit hole where he was living.  But me thinks that the Arab world has suffered much humilation lately. First in the beginning of the Iraq war many Arabs were humiliated at how fast the U.S got to Baghdad with little resistence and now this.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 1:33am

Soon, I will have to write a song with the title: "Every single day, I love your innocence more". Not too sure if anyone will ever choose to sing it or not, but it does play in my mind, often and even befor being penned down.

If I had to make a comparison to his victims I'd say that this individual had gotten off rather fairly.

That's where "law enforcement" fails us so badly, in our world and also in the tech-rich U S where crime should have been eradicated, by now (like malaria in some countries) instead of turning into a growth industry. We nab a street thug and celebrate our catch hardly paying any attention to the puppeteers, the Maestros of the crime forest.

It keeps growing because our celebrity culture indoctrination puts us in the awe, if not in outright fear, of the nursery minders, the real crime actors. We stay scared of the gods we have ourselves carved.

My friend, our masters the puppeteers have not been brought to justice. His vicims are not vindicated till the whole gang is rounded up. The poor chap was only a fallguy. One simple instance; his permission to invade Q8 was endorsed by no less than the then Secretary of State, James Baker, not just April Glaspie - your embassador in Bagdad.

My friend, again, I am missing the song I have yet to write. But me thinks that the Arab world has suffered much humilation lately. First in the beginning of the Iraq war many Arabs were humiliated at how fast the U.S got to Baghdad with little resistence and now this. Brother, this is no humiliation at all. What has Uncle Sam or his Brit poodle done since other than . . .? decency forbids me to use the most appropriate words.

The real humiliation has been your greedy masters' support for despots against the wishes of the masses in our part of this human jungle. Yes, I hold you responsible for it BECAUSE it's your tax dollar that is keeping some Hosnie Mubbarak, a half-witted Musharaf, an ex-Burger Bar chef Karzai and all the other fat morons in the Gulf and beyond strangling us. Your tax dollar runs the flourishing terrorist nurseries around the globe.

Israfil, you and every American in your country is personally responsible for spreading terrorism in our world by not climbing down from your Cloud Nines and having the courage to face the Realidad del Mundo.

If I (or, anyone else, for that matter) ever gets blown up anywhere in the world, say, as collateral damage of some otherwise quite legitimate target, it will be exactly your fault - and my grand children will look for you. The, you should not sob or shed any tears - for we have learnt to tell the difference between tears and crocodile tears, by now.

(Italics are meant as satirical reference. Before one of our excessively USed Mods crys blue murder, again, please note a man in my serious position and with with a few centuries of cultured sophistication him would never legitimise terrorism in the same way as the US legitimises death n destruction)

Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 6:30am
How Washington and London helped to create the monster they went
to war to destroy

By Rupert Cornwell in Washington

12/31/06 "The Independent" -- - -When they hanged him, he was
America's vanquished foe, likened to Hitler and Stalin for the
murderous evil of his ways. What is forgotten is that once, for more
than a decade, Saddam Hussein was staunchly supported by the US.

Indeed, it was Washington that supplied him with many of the
weapons of mass destruction the dictator used against his foes -
weapons that one day would serve as a pretext for the US-led
invasion that toppled him.

The dealings between the US and Saddam's Iraq over the quarter of a
century before 2003 are a story of deceit, miscalculation and
strategic blunders by both sides. And they began, as they would end,
in the shadow of a common enemy: Iran.

Saddam seized complete power in 1978. Two years later he attacked
Iran, in what he called an "Arab war against the Persians", to
overthrow the Islamic revolutionary regime.

Washington was under no illusions about the brutality of Saddam's
regime. But as Tehran gained the upper hand in the fighting, he
came to be seen as the lesser of two evils - a vital bulwark against
domination by a radical, anti-Western Iran of the strategically vital
Gulf region, with its colossal oil reserves.

Quietly, the US delivered the technology, weapons and logistical
support to prevent Iraq's defeat. Its policy was symbolised by the
cordial meeting in Baghdad in December 1983 between Saddam and
a certain Donald Rumsfeld, then President Reagan's special envoy to
the Middle East. Two decades later, as Secretary of Defence, he
would plan the invasion that toppled Saddam.

American assistance often took the form of dual-use technology that
had legitimate civilian uses, but which Washington was well aware
could (and would) be used on the battlefield. US intelligence also
provided Iraqi commanders with crucial information on Iranian troop
movements.

American backing grew ever more explicit. In 1982, the
administration ignored objections in Congress and removed Iraq
from its list of countries supporting terrorism. By November 1983,
the National Security Council had issued a directive that the US
should do "whatever was necessary and legal" to prevent an Iranian
victory. Washington did nothing to deter Saddam's use of chemical
weapons.

As the 1980s progressed, a clandestine network of companies
developed in the US and other countries to help the Iraqi war effort.
The conflict between Iraq and Iran ended in 1988, but Saddam
continued his Western-supported military build-up until the very
moment he invaded Kuwait in August 1990.

It would be the turning point. Until then, the US had dealt with
Saddam in the context of keeping Iran at bay. Thereafter, however,
the Iraqi dictator was the enemy in his own right. The irony, of
course, was that America's previous support encouraged him to think
he could get away with annexing Kuwait.

Indeed, just a week earlier, on 25 July 1990, the American
ambassador, April Glaspie, had met Saddam. According to a
transcript of the meeting, she informed him that Washington had no
opinion on Arab-Arab conflicts, "like your border disagreement with
Kuwait".

The US-led coalition drove Iraqi forces from Kuwait in a 100-hour
ground war, but the first President Bush decided not to press on to
Baghdad, creating the stalemate that in one form or another
continued until 2003. In the meantime, however, the truth gradually
emerged about how the US (and Britain) helped to create the monster
they had now half-slain.

Events thereafter make familiar reading: Saddam's moves against the
Kurds and the Shias, as the first President Bush encouraged them to
rise up but did nothing to support them; a dozen years of sanctions
that brought misery on ordinary Iraqis but not to the regime; and
Operation Desert Fox in 1998, as the US and Britain launched their
heaviest air attacks until the 2003 war itself.

All the while, Saddam remained in power. Almost from the moment
he came to office, the second President Bush had his eye on finishing
his father's business.After a three-week ground war he was duly
overthrown. But in doing so, the US has achieved exactly what it
sought to prevent when it backed him in the 1980s.

It is a matter of debate whether Iraqis are now worse off than under
Saddam's dictatorship. The chaos in their country, however, has
produced one undisputed winner: an unchecked Iran, more menacing
today than in Ayatollah Khomeini's time.

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 9:38am

But, but Duende,

[tongue-in-cheek mode on]

The imperturbable if at times acerbic Gore Vidal, never at a loss for either wit or words, has referred to the USA as the �United States of Amnesia.�  That said, I find it small consolation that, instead of memory, we seem increasingly to rely upon MEMRI.

[tongue-in-cheek mode off]

Serv

Democracy is a conspiracy designed to thwart my political will to power.

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 11:10am

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

Patty and Ops 154, let's see if plain English might help you begin to
understand the outrage felt at the execution of Saddam.

First: Under Iraqi law approved while Saddam was in power (before
the occupiers i.e Paul Bremer changed it) it was illegal to carry out
executions on public holidays.

He is no longer in power so his laws are no longer valid.

The execution was performed on one of Islam's most highly valued holidays. How would you feel, if one of
you star criminals, let's say O J Simpson, were to be executed on
Christmas day? Oh, but of course, O J received a 'fair' trial and was
innexplicably declared innocent. How the mighty American justice
system works. Recently he wrote a book by way of purging his
crippling guilt, called "If I Did It." His publisher had a sudden attack
of decency at the last minute and withdrew publication.

Not my holiday so do whatever you would like on Christmas Day. Also many of us wanted to see OJ get life in prison as well but sometimes our rules actually protect the accused and he was able to get out.

Imagine if Saddam had received a fair trial, you might have learned
how for ten years he received billions of dollars from Washington,
and the sattelite images of Iranian positions prior to his attack on
that country, by way of help.

Guess what, MOST middle eastern countries get money and weapons from us. Like I've said before, our money is good enough but our people are not

Second: What most of us are disgusted by, is the utter hypocricy of
having a man responsible for many crimes, put to death after a trial
which most humanitarian associations and the European court
deemed defficient and of questionable integrity/legality, and yet
leaders of other countries (hint: US, Great Britain, Australia)
responsible for the death of thousands, are allowed to continue in
their posts.

Iraqi's had the chance to vote and install a government that they wanted, if they decided to boycott then that is their own problem. If they couldn't get there because someone may blown them up in a suicide bomb, then, again not my problem.

Nobody here supported Saddam Hussein, however, the results of the
American led invasion of Iraq make him look like quite a decent
ruler, in comparison with today's Iraq, where thugs and vengeful
criminals rule, under the protection of American fire power.

I can promise you one thing, you would not have so many civilians dead if it was not for the idiots who think blowing themselves up will create peace.

It is the sheer hypocricy of the final act which immediately makes
one feel like declaring Saddam to have been a hero, despite the
propaganda we've been swallowing about him.   

The hypocrisy is yours, the thugs you speak about were held back by saddam with extremely cruel techniques.  Have you ever thought that the only reason you didn't hear about so many deaths before we went in was maybe because the press couldn't report on it out of fear of being killed? Do you hold any responsibility to the suicide bombers or insurgents who attack the largest groups they can find? Or is just all the evil American's fault, just like all of your other problems?

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 11:24am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 1:08pm

Patty and Ops 154, let's see if plain English might help you begin to understand the outrage felt at the execution of Saddam.

First: Under Iraqi law approved while Saddam was in power (before the occupiers i.e Paul Bremer changed it) it was illegal to carry out executions on public holidays.

Now I know why I miss you so when you go hibernating!

For such fairy stories, my friend, for your mastery of extempore fabrications.

(Truth: An occupying power can�t alter or meddle with the laws of the occupied country)

The execution was performed on one of Islam's most highly valued holidays. How would you feel, if one of you star criminals, let's say O J Simpson, were to be executed on Christmas day? Oh, but of course, O J received a 'fair' trial and was
inexplicably declared innocent. How the mighty American justice system works. Recently he wrote a book by way of purging his crippling guilt, called "If I Did It." His publisher had a sudden attack of decency at the last minute and withdrew publication.

Not my holiday so do whatever you would like on Christmas Day. Also many of us wanted to see OJ get life in prison as well but sometimes our rules actually protect the accused and he was able to get out.

We have noticed, these rules always protect the bigger criminals.

Imagine if Saddam had received a fair trial, you might have learned how for ten years he received billions of dollars from Washington, and the satellite images of Iranian positions prior to his attack on that country, by way of help.

Guess what, MOST middle eastern countries get money and weapons from us. Like I've said before, our money is good enough but our people are not

Really? I sincerely need to be educated on that. Is this money in the form of some charity sent by your local church of the �no strings attached� kind? Someone told me that Egyptian government, not the country or the people, were paid huge amounts by the US to suppress democratic movements there.

Right or Wrong?

Second: What most of us are disgusted by, is the utter hypocricy of having a man responsible for many crimes, put to death after a trial which most humanitarian associations and the European court deemed defficient and of questionable integrity/legality, and yet leaders of other countries (hint: US, Great Britain, Australia) responsible for the death of thousands, are allowed to continue in
their posts.

Iraqi's had the chance to vote and install a government that they wanted,

I told you, I do miss you when you go missing. Even the best of spin masters are unable to spin any such stories, with such a straight face and in front of such a serious Forum. (Truth: Voting by any occupied people doesn�t count + we also know what the US did there) 

Nobody here supported Saddam Hussein, however, the results of the American led invasion of Iraq make him look like quite a decent ruler, in comparison with today's Iraq, where thugs and vengeful criminals rule, under the protection of American fire power.

I can promise you one thing, you would not have so many civilians dead if it was not for the idiots who think blowing themselves up will create peace.

Have you ever thought of a joint venture with J K Rowling in creating even more fantastic Harry Potters? Or, better still, let�s start �Potty Hatters�, I promise, we will have bigger hits than her. Tomorrow, I will think of creating a special corner for you in our midst, almost, like they have special chairs dedicated for certain disciplines at the unis.

It is the sheer hypocricy of the final act which immediately makes one feel like declaring Saddam to have been a hero, despite the propaganda we've been swallowing about him.   

The hypocrisy is yours, the thugs you speak about were held back by saddam with extremely cruel techniques. Have you ever thought that the only reason you didn't hear about so many deaths before we went in was maybe because the press couldn't report on it out of fear of being killed

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

All the US media was trembling with fear and reporting only the best of him, when he was killing all those people. Washington was shaking and giving him all those billions just to keep his death squads at bay. Remember that (now world famous) picture in which poor Rumsfeld was offering him that tribute of (also now world famous) Golden spurs?

Do you hold any responsibility to the suicide bombers or insurgents who attack the largest groups they can find? Or is just all the evil American's fault, just like all of your other problems?

I used to bark exactly the same question at people when I was 26 (are you past it or just going past it?) But then someone (and, would you believe it, an American professor!) threw three serious history books and a current affairs appraisal at me. He said these might help you to climb down from your Cloud Nine or where ever you hide. I was forced to realise that the Brits and the US hold a joint monopoly on manufacturing all the global problems in our world � of the past century and a half.

Very rarely they franchise some of their pets.
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Patty and Ops 154, let's see if plain English might help you begin to understand the outrage felt at the execution of Saddam.

First: Under Iraqi law approved while Saddam was in power (before the occupiers i.e Paul Bremer changed it) it was illegal to carry out executions on public holidays.

Now I know why I miss you so when you go hibernating!

For such fairy stories, my friend, for your mastery of extempore fabrications.

(Truth: An occupying power can�t alter or meddle with the laws of the occupied country)

The execution was performed on one of Islam's most highly valued holidays. How would you feel, if one of you star criminals, let's say O J Simpson, were to be executed on Christmas day? Oh, but of course, O J received a 'fair' trial and was
inexplicably declared innocent. How the mighty American justice system works. Recently he wrote a book by way of purging his crippling guilt, called "If I Did It." His publisher had a sudden attack of decency at the last minute and withdrew publication.

We have noticed, these rules always protect the bigger criminals.

Imagine if Saddam had received a fair trial, you might have learned how for ten years he received billions of dollars from Washington, and the satellite images of Iranian positions prior to his attack on that country, by way of help.

Really? I sincerely need to be educated on that. Is this money in the form of some charity sent by your local church of the �no strings attached� kind? Someone told me that Egyptian government, not the country or the people, were paid huge amounts by the US to suppress democratic movements there.

Right or Wrong?

Second: What most of us are disgusted by, is the utter hypocricy of having a man responsible for many crimes, put to death after a trial which most humanitarian associations and the European court deemed defficient and of questionable integrity/legality, and yet leaders of other countries (hint: US, Great Britain, Australia) responsible for the death of thousands, are allowed to continue in
their posts.

Iraqi's had the chance to vote and install a government that they wanted,

I told you, I do miss you when you go missing. Even the best of spin masters are unable to spin any such stories, with such a straight face and in front of such a serious Forum. (Truth: Voting by any occupied people doesn�t count + we also know what the US did there) 

Nobody here supported Saddam Hussein, however, the results of the American led invasion of Iraq make him look like quite a decent ruler, in comparison with today's Iraq, where thugs and vengeful criminals rule, under the protection of American fire power.

Have you ever thought of a joint venture with J K Rowling in creating even more fantastic Harry Potters? Or, better still, let�s start �Potty Hatters�, I promise, we will have bigger hits than her. Tomorrow, I will think of creating a special corner for you in our midst, almost, like they have special chairs dedicated for certain disciplines at the unis.

It is the sheer hypocricy of the final act which immediately makes one feel like declaring Saddam to have been a hero, despite the propaganda we've been swallowing about him.   

The hypocrisy is yours, the thugs you speak about were held back by saddam with extremely cruel techniques. Have you ever thought that the only reason you didn't hear about so many deaths before we went in was maybe because the press couldn't report on it out of fear of being killed

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

All the US media was trembling with fear and reporting only the best of him, when he was killing all those people. Washington was shaking and giving him all those billions just to keep his death squads at bay. Remember that (now world famous) picture in which poor Rumsfeld was offering him that tribute of (also now world famous) Golden spurs?

Do you hold any responsibility to the suicide bombers or insurgents who attack the largest groups they can find? Or is just all the evil American's fault, just like all of your other problems?

I used to bark exactly the same question at people when I was 26 (are you past it or just going past it?) But then someone (and, would you believe it, an American professor!) threw three serious history books and a current affairs appraisal at me. He said these might help you to climb down from your Cloud Nine or where ever you hide. I was forced to realise that the Brits and the US hold a joint monopoly on manufacturing all the global problems in our world � of the past century and a half.

Very rarely they franchise some of their pets.

And I am sooo happy that they let you come back out and play. I almost thought we could have a serious discussion but you still have that "everything is America's fault" attitude and natually you have the personal insults. Good ol Whisper is back, nothing interesting to say but "Evil American's" and all the uneducated on this site come out to say "oh how we love your post Whisper". You watch, I could name about 3-4 of them but give them 10 minutes and they will have already said the above to you. ;)

How about instead of just saying there are 3 books out there how about you name them here so I can go take a look at them. Then I can see if it's all biased bull or if there are legit arguments in them. Or would you just rather come up with slick topic names like MacHanging?

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic