IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why believe in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why believe in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 2:40am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

rami,

"The Assyrians conquered and destroyed the northern kingdom of Israel in about 722 BC (about 2700 years ago). The Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 586 BC (about 2600 years ago). Jerusalem and the Temple were later rebuilt but were destroyed again, this time by the Romans 70 AD. In 135 AD, the Romans again attacked and destroyed Jerusalem."

Million thanks to Lord Almighty Allah, there is no record of Muslims destroying Jerusalem. In fact Lord Almighty preserved the Jews through the Muslims and kept them safe.  

All I can say is, there has to be a serious downfall in the holy lands which would warrant the coming of the long-and-much-awaited Messiah. If Messiah has to come, the land has to be in chaos and has to be under occupation as the Biblical and true History shows. For Messiah to come, Israel has to be in 1 BC or 1 AD.

There is no House of Israel left. The tribes are not there. There is currently not a single person, who can claim to be from the lineage of King David.

The prophecies never came true and the Jews had already lost the chance when the Messiah really came and went unrecognised. I am sorry to say that Jesus can't be coming for them many times.   

Anyway, to be precise, if prophecies are to come true, the condition of Jews and Israel has to deteriorate and only they are the ones who have to work hard on this. And who do they get after such a looooong period? Jesus again!

Best Regards & Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

Hi BMZ,  But the invading countries listed in Ezekiel 38 are muslim countries - not Israel.    Those verses don't say a word about alleged not really jews moving to the land from those countries - as being Gog/Magog.    The countries that attack, do so with their ARMIES.   100% guaranteed.    The Jews, not the Paliestinians, not the Arabs, not the Persians, not the Syrians will be burning the weapons for 7 years afterwards.   Ezekiel 39.

39:8  Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
39:9  And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves *, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
There is also a bible passage that Damascus will be destroyed.   That prophecy has nevered been fulfilled.   Now Damascus is a muslim city.  Syria just this years entered into a pack with Iran (persia) if one is attacked then the other joins in defending.    Surely you can see that Iran is going to be attacked by either the U.S. and/or Isael.    There is no choice because of the leader of Iran has pledged the destruction Israel and will haven nuclear weapons soon.

Some have theorized that Irans will attack American trops in Iraq first.
Whatever begins the war aside, would you agree with me that war with Iran and the nonn-muslim countries is coming very shortly?

Peace,

Doug L.

Edited by Douggg
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 3:00am
To Amah, you're welcome.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 8:52am

Hi Doug,

Most of the biblical prophecies have never come true. Even the prophecy attributed to a child being born was never a prophecy for Jesus. The Temple has never been rebuilt. Jesus did not return during the life-time of his disciples.

No, it can't be Muslims. Jeruslaem had always been destroyed by the Romans and others. It was never destroyed by the Muslims. I think Ezekiel was referring possibly to the Russians, the Germans, the Spanish, the English and many other Westerners who persecuted and killed millions of Jews. Damascus never destroyed Jerusalem so why should the Lord destroy Damascus?

The Lord already did enough damage by assisting Joshua who went on a killing spree under the direct guidance and supervision of YHVH. Please read the chapter on Joshua in the Holy Bible. All of that was done within the boundaries of current Israel. May be God destroyed those tribes who were doing the fighting in the holy lands. 

I don't believe that US will attack Iran. US is already stuck up in the mudpit or the greatest quagmire in Iraq, a failed story. US does not have enough manpower, whereas the region spreading out from Afghanistan to the borders of saudi Arabia has millios of people who would give up their lives, if attacked by US. You have seen that in Iraq and Afghanistan. US and Nato are begging for more troops!

Israel has already learnt a lesson at the hands of Hizbullah and had for the first time, to fight more than 33 days. Israel will be domesticated soon as it has been humbled.

Most of the prophecies in the Bible are actually like curses. They  mean nothing. The interpretations are wishful thinkings.

From you: "Some have theorized that Irans will attack American trops in Iraq first."

Iranians are smart people. They have already kept US away from their doors for the last 27 years.

From you: "Whatever begins the war aside, would you agree with me that war with Iran and the non-muslim countries is coming very shortly?"

No, I cannot agree with you on above. Would you include Russia, China, South America, Japan, Africa, the entire Far East and the South-East to be fighting for fulfilling these biblical prophecies?

Why should the entire world die and destroy for the sake of a few million people and some false prophecies to come true? Unless you believe that God wants another Joshua to ruin this world. No, I do not believe in the biblical prophecies.

I was at a party where most of the elderly were just talking about  the end of the world, the Dooms Day, etc., which according to them was very near. Some said they could see it coming.

I told them,"Please let our young children grow and let them enjoy their life, instead of wishing for their early demise and disposal, because you are already too old!!! Why do you wish death and destruction for your kids and the younger generations?"

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2007 at 5:33am
Most of the biblical prophecies have never come true. Even the prophecy attributed to a child being born was never a prophecy for Jesus. The Temple has never been rebuilt. Jesus did not return during the life-time of his disciples.

No, it can't be Muslims. Jeruslaem had always been destroyed by the Romans and others. It was never destroyed by the Muslims. I think Ezekiel was referring possibly to the Russians, the Germans, the Spanish, the English and many other Westerners who persecuted and killed millions of Jews. Damascus never destroyed Jerusalem so why should the Lord destroy Damascus?

Hi BMZ, the prophecy in Ezekiel 38 has nothing to do with who destroyed Jerusalem in the past.   The invasion of Gog/Magog is against the nation of Israel, the way the verses read, not isolated to Jerusalem.

As far as Damacus, the reason why is because of one thing IMHO - Islam.   It is because of Islam that Syria is so embattled with Israel and the Jews.    I agree with you that Damascus never destroyed Jerusalem... so payback of something that never happened is not the reason.  

What I am trying to get you to see is that Ezekiel 38 those invading forces being Muslim, and the other prophecy about Damascus being destroyed - will invalidate Islam as a religion.    Something that is very difficult for a muslim to accept - that much I can sincerely appreciate.
Nonetheless, as uncomfortably as it may make a muslim feel, I am still against Satan though as deceiving my brothers and sisters of the human race.   Which Satan is intent upon destroying all of us, our souls... by whatever means possible.

I don't believe that US will attack Iran. US is already stuck up in the mudpit or the greatest quagmire in Iraq, a failed story. US does not have enough manpower, whereas the region spreading out from Afghanistan to the borders of saudi Arabia has millios of people who would give up their lives, if attacked by US. You have seen that in Iraq and Afghanistan. US and Nato are begging for more troops!

Allow me to say that I am not relying upon the US for the redemption of my soul and body.   I am just a stranger passing through this world.   In fact, all nations including the US will come up against Israel at the end of the great tribulation period.   But that is at least 7 years away.   Right now though the US is clearly backing Israel.

George Bush is stepping up the numbers of troops in Iraq.  Iran is bordered by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afaghanistan.   The US has carriers and nuclear subs within striking distance to Iran.   The US will not rely on manpower, but by technology and air delivered ordinance.
The US also has tactical nuclear weapons that could be flown to the region very quickly that could be used even by artillery, if need be.  America's enemies have always underestimated the US's resolve to resort to the extreme when pushed to a critical point.

Israel has already learnt a lesson at the hands of Hizbullah and had for the first time, to fight more than 33 days. Israel will be domesticated soon as it has been humbled.

Hizbullah gets its support from Syria.   Damascus is the capital of Syria.   Syria has a pact with Iran.    There is a possibity that what provokes the Gog/Magog attack by the muslim nations is that Israel nukes Damascus - maybe, it is just a theory, but a pretty good one.

Most of the prophecies in the Bible are actually like curses. They  mean nothing. The interpretations are wishful thinkings.

Many are definitely like curses, but the individual can get in sync with God and receive a blessing while others who refuse get the curse.   A person is not in sync apart from Jesus.

From you: "Some have theorized that Irans will attack American trops in Iraq first."

Iranians are smart people. They have already kept US away from their doors for the last 27 years.

It is just one of many theories, BMZ.   Well, the US is on their doorstep right now.  Front door and back door.  Iran would have to split it forces to fight on two sides at the extreme opposite ends of their country.   And recently, the focus I hear from Iraqi governement and the US, is going to be to seal off the borders of Iraq from both Iran and Syria.   Which may mean relocation of US troops and forces near Iran's border.   The US would be pushing right up to Iran's door knocker.

From you: "Whatever begins the war aside, would you agree with me that war with Iran and the non-muslim countries is coming very shortly?"

No, I cannot agree with you on above. Would you include Russia, China, South America, Japan, Africa, the entire Far East and the South-East to be fighting for fulfilling these biblical prophecies?

Okay, becaue we are just talking here anyway.   I would include Russia as part of the Gog/Magog invasion.   But not the other countries.

There are bible prophecies that come after Gog/Magog that do include all of those countries you listed.   In fact, all countries of the world.

Gog/Magog is the event that will lead into the time of Jacob's troubles, i.e. a time of trouble for the Jews.    Isalm will be basically destroyed as a religon and force when Gog/Magog occures.   The world and the Jews especially will be jubliant.  They will think that the world has entered the messianic age, because Judaism messiah will arrive in Israel right after Gog/Magog, and will deceive the Jews by confirming the Mt. Sinai convenant to restart the sacrifices along with the rebuilding of the temple (which will never be possible as long as Islam is present).   But it will happen because the prophecies say that there will be a temple built.

Everything will be great, until Judaism's messiah shows his true colors by going into the temple and declaring himself to be god.   That is when the time of Jacob's troubles goes into full force, because the Jews will reject the Antichrist, and will finally accept Jesus as their messiah.   For which the Antichrist persecutes them.   God reigns down judgment after judgment upon the Antichrist's worldwide kingdom.   

Near the end, the nations of the world become disenchanted with the Antichrist's claim to be god - and attack him.
That would be all of the countries you listed, plus other nations as well.   The European countries, lead by ten kings, will maintain their allegiance though.  The account of the Antichrist being attacked is in Daniel 11:40-45.   The Antichrist, because he originates from Europe and is supported by ten European kings, is the king of the West.   He is first attacked from the South.   Then the North.   Then the East.
Thus drawing all nations into the middle east.    Then something happens that paralyzes them - the heavens are upheavaled, the stars drop from the sky, and the universe is folded back - that is what is called the second heaven.   The world sees Jesus and his armies in heaven (the third heaven).    Terrified, because they nations have spent three and a half years martyring those who came to believe in Jesus during that terrible time, and because in Revelation 19 it says his garments will be soaked in blood, the blood of the saints that they had killed.    Those nations that you asked about, including the US, will assemble into a great force at Armageddon and march against Jerusalem (Zechariah 14) to destroy the Jews there and to literally try to stop Jesus by the combined force of the world's armada.    Personally, I think it will be an incomprehendsible sight.    In Pslams 2.... why do the heathen rage and image a vain thing.

Why should the entire world die and destroy for the sake of a few million people and some false prophecies to come true? Unless you believe that God wants another Joshua to ruin this world. No, I do not believe in the biblical prophecies.

The prophecies are meant for you to be eternally blessed.  The idea is to get on board with God's plan to redeem our souls and our bodies, through Jesus.  The prophecies hold no curse for Christians.

I was at a party where most of the elderly were just talking about  the end of the world, the Dooms Day, etc., which according to them was very near. Some said they could see it coming.

I told them,"Please let our young children grow and let them enjoy their life, instead of wishing for their early demise and disposal, because you are already too old!!! Why do you wish death and destruction for your kids and the younger generations?"

Edited by Douggg
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2007 at 3:39am
Dear Uncle Doug, you've seemed to be somewhere out of this world. Could you please come back to the real world?

You said : "Allow me to say that I am not relying upon the US for the redemption of my soul and body.   I am just a stranger passing through this world.   In fact, all nations including the US will come up against Israel at the end of the great tribulation period.   But that is at least 7 years away.   Right now though the US is clearly backing Israel."

On behalf of GOD and his merciful blessings, please be updated that it is happening now as we write. What do you think that Japan is withdrawing their troops end of their contract (between US and Japan)? What about the reduction of troops initiated by Britain? Is this not a bigger sign for you? With or without the Bible's revelation, it is human's nature, the greed to conquer the whole world.

You quote : "What I am trying to get you to see is that Ezekiel 38 those invading forces being Muslim, and the other prophecy about Damascus being destroyed - will INVALIDATE Islam as a religion.    Something that is very difficult for a muslim to accept - that much I can sincerely appreciate. Nonetheless, as uncomfortably as it may make a muslim feel, I am still against Satan though as deceiving my brothers and sisters of the human race.   Which Satan is intent upon destroying all of us, our souls... by whatever means possible."

Clearly, you have agreed that Islam being the most popular religion, should be invalidated for you have implied that Satan is the guardian for this religion.

What you ought to know is that in this world, only the missionary evangelists would have wished Islam be invalidated. It is evangelist's wish that Islam be condemned and invalidated based on your baseless foundation and the corrupted bible which Christian entrusted as WORDS OF GOD.

For GOD's sake, please be reminded that you could be expelled from this forum for this contempt. YOU ARE CHRISTIAN EVANGELIST and there's no doubt about it.

The more you say, the more you show your true colours. Thick skinned and one sided are not balanced. Thus, the result is very prejudice.

Edited by pauline35
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Arab Arab wrote:

which would Satan chose to create, a religion which propagates worshiping idols, or worshiping God alone?

He would create a religion that worshiped himself alone... through the deception of calling himself God.

asalaam.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2015 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Josh_345 Josh_345 wrote:

I`m a Christain, and Islam doesent make any sense. (please dont be offended, leave if you might be :))

Anyways, I am a christain. I will admit i`m not the strongest Christain. I believe Islam was created by Satan, and he told Muhammed this. Also Christainity makes more sense.
The Bible says Iseral would come back (I think it does im 99% sure) and Iseral is back.
Thats just my thoughts.

Josh,
you say you are Christian. Do you follow Jesus? Are you circumcised? Do you put your head to the ground like Jesus did, when you worship God? Do you follow the Law of Moses like Jesus said? If you answered no to any one those questions you are not a Christian in reality. You are just imagining things, and you are not alone in this world doing that. Does our imagination make us who we claim we are? or it is our practice?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic