IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why believe in Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why believe in Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 7:50am
Mr. Doug L, you are very convince about your prediction and I could see that you are acting like a prophet to tell about the future.

Having read your reply, I am now truly believe your prediction is merely for your own accord.

As you did mention that you have been studying the bible for 35 years, then you must have known there's some corrupted part(unless you are denying) where human had actually altered to suit individual's interpretation. In this case, it is called "the Bible has been tampered".

Any Bible that is tampered could not be proven as truly WORD OF GOD or prophecy.   There is one book THE BIBLE CODE, it prophesised a plague hit Israel in year 2006. Until todate, it never came true, does it?

Don't get any wrong ideas that I am defending Islam nor am I a muslim. I am a neutral party who lives a truthful life. I practice moderation and I certainly do not believe in any prophesy deriving from a corrupted bible. However, I do believe there is GOD and SATAN.

Open your eyes and find the truth.
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:04am
Mr. Doug quote : Now, one could say Ezekiel 38 is a conspiriacy of the Jews to counter Islam - but the same writings are found in the Greek Septuagent - also called the "seventy", LXX, which dates back to Alexander the Great's day.   That preceeded Islam hundreds of years.   Since Islam was not known when the Greek Septuagent was translated by the Jews for the Greeks, no conspiriacy theory of the Jews having corrupted that part of the bible is possible.

You must remember human are resourceful and intelligent. As to whether Ezekiel 38 is a conspiracy of Jews to counter Islam, it is irrelevant as it is not proving that the Bible is authentic and has never been tampered by human.

As human race has superb intelligence, human could also copy ancient findings to complement and support their findings.

Just my humble opinions.

Edited by pauline35
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:05am

Hi Doug,

Prophecy was not really the subject or issue that God was interested in.

The message was consistent throughout the history of man and it was,"Thou shall only worship thy God the Lord Almighty." Moses said it, Jesus said it and Muhammad said the same.

The prophecy, that Jesus would return in the lifetime of his disciples, failed to come true. He did not! Shall we say that prophecy failed and it was wrong?

Great importance has been given to prophecies but the simple message was later distorted when the doctrine of trinity was pushed forward. That was the time, when Muhammad was sent to assert the perpetual message.

Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

Mr. Doug L, you are very convince about your prediction and I could see that you are acting like a prophet to tell about the future.

Having read your reply, I am now truly believe your prediction is merely for your own accord.

As you did mention that you have been studying the bible for 35 years, then you must have known there's some corrupted part(unless you are denying) where human had actually altered to suit individual's interpretation. In this case, it is called "the Bible has been tampered".

Any Bible that is tampered could not be proven as truly WORD OF GOD or prophecy.   There is one book THE BIBLE CODE, it prophesised a plague hit Israel in year 2006. Until todate, it never came true, does it?

Don't get any wrong ideas that I am defending Islam nor am I a muslim. I am a neutral party who lives a truthful life. I practice moderation and I certainly do not believe in any prophesy deriving from a corrupted bible. However, I do believe there is GOD and SATAN.

Open your eyes and find the truth.

Hi pauline,

I am definitely no prophet.   But understanding the prophecies that are already written in the bible is a gift from God and the bible says that the prophecies have been sealed from understanding until the end times - which we are living in that timeframe.

If a person is not interested in bible prophecy of what God says about the future and believes that the bible has been corrupted, - then why would He reveal any understanding of the prophecies to that person?  

Peace,

Doug L.
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 2:51am
Mr. Doug, this is what I mean, very evangelist.

Belief comes from truthfulness. The evidence of corruption is apparent and yet you are protecting it blindly. A true religion does not force one to hold strong belief in it for a true religion speaks only the truth and the logic.

I am extremely amazed with your only logic to worded such phrase : If a person is not interested in bible prophecy of what God says about the future and believes that the bible has been corrupted, - then why would He reveal any understanding of the prophecies to that person?   

If GOD tells about the future, then there will be no future for the future is being known by human. GOD only reminds human of the RULES OF CONSEQUENCES and THROUGH HIS COMMANDMENTS, GOD PROTECTS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS.

GOD could not possibly ignoring a human who is using his/her intelligence to learn about the truth for GOD'S NATURE IS LOVING AND CARING FOR HIS CREATION. It is certainly a false doctrine if FORCE is the command to make human obey. False doctrine only created by another alien forces to distract human from applying their logic. And IF human stop thinking, that is when the Satan starts possessing with delusions.

This is a very dangerous path when a human is commanded to obey blindly. This is hence a form of unwelcome force and unfair to any person who's seaching for the truth for GOD TELLS THE TRUTH AND GOD GIVES HUMAN AN INTELLIGENCE TO FIND THE TRUTH. ONLY SATAN GIVES HUMAN A PATH TO DELUSIONS AND SATAN CORRUPTS HUMAN MIND TO STAY IN THE DARK AWAY FROM THE TRUTH.

A true religion does not condone THE COMMAND BY FORCE. Every commandments in that TRUE RELIGIONS bear a consequences for the goodness NOT THREATS OR REVELATIONS FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 4:50am

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

From Amah: Where did you you get this from??

I got the news from my country and the pastor who is my colleague confided to me that he receives special guest (almost every week) who requested to be baptised in his church. These 2% Muslims have started to embrace other religion since 9/11. One of my colleague(Zakri) that I know have embraced Christian because of believing that Islam teaches terrorism as what Osama did. What he didn't understand is that Osama is cultist. Zakri is attending the Christian church every sunday morning but still carries his muslim name. Another saddest thing is that the most latest trend is about using Islam as the foundation to swindle money from those gullible student who wants to learn about Islam. My point is Muslims around the world, need to be alert about cultist who misinterprets the teaching of true Islam.

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for your post and I am sorry for the delay in replying.

Peace.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 9:03am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

as God will destroy those mulsim countries who come against Israel

DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL
The Assyrians conquered and destroyed the northern kingdom of Israel in about 722 BC (about 2700 years ago). The Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 586 BC (about 2600 years ago). Jerusalem and the Temple were later rebuilt but were destroyed again, this time by the Romans 70 AD. In 135 AD, the Romans again attacked and destroyed Jerusalem.

Israel was last destroyed by the romans, god did not destroy them at the time they became Christians.

Modern day Israel was established by European Jews who are not descendants of the twelve tribes of Judah, so modern Israel can never claim to be biblical Israel. 

They attacked the Muslims, does your bible mention anything about that.

What occurred to the descendants of Judah well after being persecuted and driven out by Christians they lived under Islamic rule peacefully for more than a thousand years and later actively opposed the creation of the abomination that is modern Israel because as any educated jew would know there is a prophecy in the Torah which states that the recreation of a jewish state ie modern Israel will ultimately lead to the downfall of the jewish community.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 4:44pm

rami,

"The Assyrians conquered and destroyed the northern kingdom of Israel in about 722 BC (about 2700 years ago). The Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 586 BC (about 2600 years ago). Jerusalem and the Temple were later rebuilt but were destroyed again, this time by the Romans 70 AD. In 135 AD, the Romans again attacked and destroyed Jerusalem."

Million thanks to Lord Almighty Allah, there is no record of Muslims destroying Jerusalem. In fact Lord Almighty preserved the Jews through the Muslims and kept them safe.  

All I can say is, there has to be a serious downfall in the holy lands which would warrant the coming of the long-and-much-awaited Messiah. If Messiah has to come, the land has to be in chaos and has to be under occupation as the Biblical and true History shows. For Messiah to come, Israel has to be in 1 BC or 1 AD.

There is no House of Israel left. The tribes are not there. There is currently not a single person, who can claim to be from the lineage of King David.

The prophecies never came true and the Jews had already lost the chance when the Messiah really came and went unrecognised. I am sorry to say that Jesus can't be coming for them many times.   

Anyway, to be precise, if prophecies are to come true, the condition of Jews and Israel has to deteriorate and only they are the ones who have to work hard on this. And who do they get after such a looooong period? Jesus again!

Best Regards & Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic