IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is Jihad?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is Jihad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Jihad?
    Posted: 02 May 2005 at 5:22am
Asalam walaikum!

I want to know about Jihad(though I know what it is, I want in detail).

I want to know why it is waged against innocents just because they are not Muslims...
THE SOIL OF BHARAT IS MY HIGHEST HEAVEN, THE GOOD OF BHARAT IS MY GOOD.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 6:01pm

Jihad, Is a Holy War, A war in the name of Allah. It is the only war fought by Muslims because we are forbidden to fight for land or any other material objects. You say innocent people are involved this is not true because you are only truly innocent if you fight fro the right cause, on occasion the innocent do get coaught in the crossfire. :(

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 7:02pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

In the literal sense, Jihad means "struggle".

Jihad in the name of Allah, is the struggle to correct the wrongs, in order to please Allah.

Jihad perse is not just a military exercise, it is fighting with EVIL. The evil can be of ones own self, within a society, in a system and so on.

The millitary jihad, which is often referred more commonly to the very word is a systematic expedition, which needs to be declared by a state, and not by just a group of individuals who may deem it appropriate. It needs to be an expedition on ppl who have transgressed, and wronged the muslims. However, even within them if a party seeks peace, it is incumbent on the muslims to yeild to peace - as stated in the Quran.

Therefore, jihad is not always a milllitary "holy war".

The greatest jihad is against the wrongs of ones own self.

I hope it helps.

Peace.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:18am
Thanx for your replies, but I already know what you told about Jihad.  I want an elaborate and detail explanation(if you have time).

I want to know in what situation Allah tell Muslims to go for Jihad in Quran.  And with whom did Allah say to go for Jihad.

But according to Krishna, one should only defend and never go to war(but of course, I will not follow him, and the beauty being He allows me to follow the path I want).
wibisono View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wibisono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:03am

Hi Bharatya,

I just trying to add some more :

In my knowledge there is two type of Jihad:

Small one and the Big one.

Small one is to go to War by in the name of God.

The Big one or the ultimate one is to fight evil inside your self such as anger, lust, bad temper, impatient and many other evil spirit.

In my country muslim usually take this Jihad on Ramadhan, actually we have to do Big Jihad all the time in all places.

About your question of small Jihad.

I believe that muslim must do this Jihad for very specific reason such as:

You found your land is being invated by outsiders (Fight for freedom like people of Indonesia fight againts the dutch and british army in year 1945)

Muslim should not use this Jihad for stupid reason.

Thats what I know about Jihad

Correct me if I'm wrong

Regards

bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:22am
Originally posted by wibisono wibisono wrote:

Hi Bharatya,

I just trying to add some more :

In my knowledge there is two type of Jihad:

Small one and the Big one.

Small one is to go to War by in the name of God.

The Big one or the ultimate one is to fight evil inside your self such as anger, lust, bad temper, impatient and many other evil spirit.

In my country muslim usually take this Jihad on Ramadhan, actually we have to do Big Jihad all the time in all places.

About your question of small Jihad.

I believe that muslim must do this Jihad for very specific reason such as:

You found your land is being invated by outsiders (Fight for freedom like people of Indonesia fight againts the dutch and british army in year 1945)

Muslim should not use this Jihad for stupid reason.

Thats what I know about Jihad

Correct me if I'm wrong

Regards

Thanks Wibi!!!
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 7:46am

Check this. It may be of help.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78&P N=2

Peace.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 7:58am
Thanx sister Nausheen...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic