IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Old Testament &Qu’ran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Testament &Qu’ran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Testament &Qu’ran
    Posted: 24 December 2006 at 5:59pm
I find a lot of stories in Qu'ran that are also in the Old Testament.  Since the Old Testament was written prior to Jesus and Mohammud how would one know if these stories were revealed to Mohammud or if he repeated what was known as the Old Testament???
Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 5:37am
Its not possible because at the time of Mohammed pbuh there was no such thing as an arabic bible, be it OT or NT. Plus, the OT has hundreds of scientific errors and contradictions, the Quran has none, heck it even has a bunch of scientific miracles. So it makes no sence if he copied it why didnt he copy the wrong facts in it? PLus its not possible because there was no Arabic OT or NT. Most likely the stories are a bit the same because they come from one source, God. Read the entire OT and compare it to the Quran, they are uncomparable. The OT has erotic stories, contradictions, and scientific errors, the Quran has none.
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 5:39am

Watch a debate on you tube between "Zakir Naik and Dr Cambell", its about the Bible and the Quran in the light of science. Zakir Naik proved that the QUran has not got one single wrong fact or contradiction and that the Bible has hundreds, the most obviouse is the creation of the universe for ex. Watch the debate its v nice. Also search on you tube for "quranic miracles" and watch the videos.

Peace.

senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:24am
Do you mean on the computer, or TV
Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:24am

Plus even if we were to assume that there was an Arabic bible, which there wasnt, Mohammed didnt know how to read or write, he was no learned.

"HE DOES NOT SPEAK (AUGHT), OF (HIS OWN) DESIRE:
IT IS NO LESS THAN INSPIRATION SENT DOWN TO HIM:
HE WAS TAUGHT BY ONE MIGHTY IN POWER,"

(Holy Qur'an 53:3-5).

This is what happened when Gabriel first came to Prophet Mohammed and said "Read!" and Mohammed said "I am not learned." And Gabriel told him again "Read!" And he said "I am learned!" This is a fullfilment of Isaiahs prophecy. Ch 29 verse 12 says "And the book is delivered to him, saying, read this I pray thee and he saith I am not learned." (In Hebrew the words I pray thee arent there). Coinsidence?

Three different and distinct questions were posed to John the Baptist and to which he gave three emphatic "NO'S" as answers to the Jews.

1) ART THOU THE CHRIST?
2) ART THOU ELIAS?
3) ART THOU THAT PROPHET?

If we look to the cross references that prophet is the prophet of Deut 18:18. It is obviouse that the Jews were looking for THREE distinct prophecies. Why do you only see two? Christ peace be upon him was a prophet, they knew that, so why would they ask him the same thing twice? They didnt. It was t-h-r-e-e distinct prophecies.

So what does Deutronemy 18:18 say?

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

This fits Mohammed like a glove. He was an Arab the Jew's brethren. He has the most similarities with Moses, more than any other prophet. He didnt know how to write or read. God put his words into his mouth, which is what the Quran was, a verbal revelation, unlike the Bible which according to Christians themselves was a inspirational revelation.

senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:30am
OK so how do the Christians come to the conclusion that these references refer to Jesus.
Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:30am
no on the computer, www.youtube.com
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:32am

I wish to know that myself. I have debated with many Christians, all ignore your question and only see two questions being posed to John.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic