IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Old Testament &Qu’ran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Testament &Qu’ran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:51pm

Quote:

The same applies to Mohammed (pbuh) yes????

Please clearify.

What i was going to say was that perhaps since the OT stories were passed down orally that Mohammed could have heard them and then spoke them as part of the Qur'an, but after I was told it was a verbal revealation my question was mute.

Kay
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:57pm

Once more I would like to proceed with this very good question from another perspective.

How would an Israelite, in the desert 10 years after exodus, know if Moses either borrowed stories or had them actually revealed.

I have no idea?  unless Moses was like Mohammed and never told a lie I guess you couldn't tell, but could not Christians say the same for Mohammed, 10 years after he died how would an Arab know if Mohammed borrow the stories or had them reavealed?

Kay
Arab View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 7:42pm
Because in the middle of the desert of Arabia where no Bible even existed and people worshiped 300 Gods and most of them didnt know how to read or write, it isnt possible.
senekerk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senekerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 8:02pm

This link answered a lot of my questions very informative

www.islam-guide.com

Kay
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by senekerk senekerk wrote:

Once more I would like to proceed with this very good question from another perspective.

How would an Israelite, in the desert 10 years after exodus, know if Moses either borrowed stories or had them actually revealed.

I have no idea?  unless Moses was like Mohammed and never told a lie I guess you couldn't tell, but could not Christians say the same for Mohammed, 10 years after he died how would an Arab know if Mohammed borrow the stories or had them reavealed?

My question was not a criticism of Moses or the Israelites, but a contextual demonstration of the nature of revelation and prophethood. Once Moses had his prophethood confirmed (believed in), the revelaiton granted to him would be accepted, and given that the revelation was from God, it would hold as a truth that went beyond any narrative that might have survived.

Kindest Regards 

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic