IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4-family-Islamic Tv Info  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4-family-Islamic Tv Info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niqab_ummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4-family-Islamic Tv Info
    Posted: 13 December 2006 at 7:02am

Assalamu'Alaikum Sisters,

Insha'Allah, this posting is for infomational purposes only  there are no right or wrong answers just valid opinions and helpful links you can add to the list Insha'Allah!

In our home we only watch Islamic tv we don't have cable or satellite infact we have a small antenna that only gets connected to the tv if: We fear or the kids hope it will be a snow day, or if we hear the tornado sirens blowing.....I do have a small selection of Disney cartoons in Arabic that meet Halal standards for the kids with english subtitles to help them with their everyday Arabic grammar.

So I thought I might share with you a few tv channels that we watch online with the kids and during our day and maybe if you know of a few you could cut and paste my list to your posting and add yours to it so we could have a wonderful list of possiblities...MasSalaama

1. Of course this site if you have membership you get access to the tv1 from Saudi Arabia and tv2 the news channel and if you go to the web tv section you get tv3 news in english nasa channel and the wonderful video library.

2. www.islamchannel.tv  it's from the UK and is 24/7 wonderful! If you live in the USA I'm on eastern time and it's about 6 hours ahead of our time when they show the daily program sched.

3. www.bridgestv.com I'm so proud to see this one it is the first ever muslim network to be launced in english and in the USA it is not free you pay a low monthly fee but well worth it! In the mornings my two youngest boys get to watch the Kidz show before leaving for school from 7:30-8:00am and this morning it was Quran stories for little hearts story time so wonderful....

Umm Abdelkhalek
niqab_ummi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niqab_ummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 9:28am

Assalamu'Alaikum Sisters,

I just wanted to add to the list here's a new additon that is very good as well.

1. Of course this site if you have membership you get access to the tv1 from Saudi Arabia and tv2 the news channel and if you go to the web tv section you get tv3 news in english nasa channel and the wonderful video library.

2. www.islamchannel.tv  it's from the UK and is 24/7 wonderful! If you live in the USA I'm on eastern time and it's about 6 hours ahead of our time when they show the daily program sched.

3. www.bridgestv.com I'm so proud to see this one it is the first ever muslim network to be launced in english and in the USA it is not free you pay a low monthly fee but well worth it! In the mornings my two youngest boys get to watch the Kidz show before leaving for school from 7:30-8:00am and this morning it was Quran stories for little hearts story time so wonderful....

4. http://212.35.66.83/tv.htm Discover Islam channel and it's free and in english as well.

Umm Abdelkhalek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic