IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help needed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help needed
    Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:13pm
hello. i'm to deliver a speech at an interfaith wedding where one of the partners is muslim. i would like to include a quote from the qu'ran (or other islamic writings) about love, marriage, etc., and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. thank you very much.
balqees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balqees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 5:07am

Assalaamu alaikum.

Some selected verses:

It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature, in order that he might dwell with her (in love). When they are united, she bears a light burden and carries it about (unnoticed). When she grows heavy, they both pray to Allah their Lord, (saying): "If Thou givest us a goodly child, we vow we shall (ever) be grateful."(s. 7, v. 189)

They are your garments and ye are their garments. (s. 2, v. 187)

---------

Still looking for some more.

balqees.

Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 3:13pm

Dear observer here are some of the Quotes:

"----- and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship
to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians;
this is because there are priests and monks among them and
because they do not behave proudly." Ch-5, v-82.

"And of Moses, there are people who guided (people) with the truth, and thereby they do justice." Ch-7, v-159.

"They are not all alike; of the followers of the Book there
is an upright party; they recite Allah's communications in the
nighttime and they adore (Him)." Ch-3, V-113.

"Bad women .are for bad men and bad men are for bad
 women. Good women are for good men and good men are for good
 women" Ch-24, v-26.

"Those who believed in Our revelations and were submissive:(they will be told). Enter the garden, you and your wives; you shall remain
 happy." Ch-43, v-69-70.

"And they who say: O our Lord! grant us in our wives and our children the joy of our eyes, and make us guides to those who guard (against evil)." Ch-25, v-74.

"Whoever joins himself (to another) in a good cause shall have a share of it, and whoever joins himself (to another) in an evil cause shall have the responsibility of it, and Allah has command over all things" Ch-4, v-85.

"For those who do good is good (reward) and more (than this); and blackness or ignominy shall not cover their faces; these are the dwellers of the garden; in it they shall abide." Ch-10, v-26.

"Inform My servants(men) that I am the Forgiving, the Merciful," Ch-15, v-49.

"And most surely your Lord is the Mighty, the Merciful." Ch-26, v-29.

Shams Zaman   Pakistan

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 12:57am
Now aren't you glad you asked.

Here's what you do.

You stand up tap a glass with a fork and say "Hi I'm ( who ever you are
first name only) and I'ma an halchoholic... Everyone will get really quiet.
look around quickly at everyone with just your eyes. Don't bother to
focus. Now say, "O ho myg od wrong meeting" and sit down as fast as
you can on the floor next to your seat.
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:53am
No?

OKayee...

This one's really good:

"They are not all alike; of the followers of the Book there is an upright
party; they recite Allah's communications in the
nighttime and they adore (Him)." Ch-3, V-113.

Now that's what I call a Brokha or possibly insurance

Jihad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 11:26am
Assalamu 'alaikum
Here are some verses of Quran
"Your wives are as atilth unto you;so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah. And know that ye are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give (these) good tidings to those who believe. "  Ch2- V223

"And those who pray,"Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes,and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous." Ch25- V074

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves , that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect."  Ch30 -V021

salam

Edited by Jihad
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 12:29pm
Ahalaan wasahalan Jihad.

Wives? as in plural? mmmmm. No

This was good:
"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among
yourselves , that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put
love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those
who reflect." Ch30 -V021

Maybe.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 5:11pm

Bismillah,

I have heard the "love between your hearts", and the "you are garments for each other" at weddings before.  They elaborated on each, but I remember the garment as being a beautiful image. 

"Protecting each other, guarding each other faults and secrets" (like a garment) are a couple ideas that I remember the sheikh saying.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic