IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - On reshaping the emuslim community  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On reshaping the emuslim community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 2:44am
How much 'little' should be the force? I think as long as it does not cause permanent damage or disablility, its alright.

peace to all

My point exactly!!!!

peace

Aus
KHILAFA IS THE ANSWER!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 5:38pm

Originally posted by aus aus wrote:

How much 'little' should be the force? I think as long as it does not cause permanent damage or disablility, its alright.

peace to all

My point exactly!!!!

peace

Aus

Bismillah and Salaams,

Ideally a little force would be to hit them with a small toothstick (miswak) for egregious behavior, right?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Asalaamu alaikum:

I do agree with sister Herji, We need to be more visible in our communities and participate in good activities. I spent yesterday spooning mashed potatoes onto plates and cleaning up after homeless people at a non denominational non religious organization sponsored meal yesterday with my grand daughters. actually, people asked me if I was cold due to the fact that i was wearing a head scarf and I got a kick out of that! They were surprised to find that I was Muslim! Evidently many Americans are not aware that charity is a very important part of our faith! Inshallah, we could break that stereotype by being more involved in our community activities and let people know that we are a part of their lives!

Bismillah and Salaams,

Ma' Shah Allah!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 5:40pm

I know some would 'argue' that me giving advice doesn't help the situation but at the same time I can honestly say that I'm doing my part everyday. In essence, I feel deeply that I have the right to stand and say "this is not right!" I've had my nose in the grind and have worked very hard. I know its easy for some here to sit behind a computer and say "we need to change this and that" but none really do anything. I feel personally that because of my profession I'm at an advantage where I can make a direct impact upon all people and that is what I'm striving to do.

I know for some here me bringing up the race issue is becoming redundant but I feel that its an important one nonetheless. I sense that the Muslim community has become blinded by culture rather than reason. We put our cultural issues before our religious ones and to me our 'credibility' if there was one, is slowly going down from within. I mean, I remember discussing with an Imam that in Khutba he should discuss premarital sex. He tells me "Premarital sex is not a popular situation like it is in America" In my head of course I was screaming Bull****

I mean, I personally know guys from my old MSA that have premarital sex and of course when the intellectuals criticize some of the actions within the Muslim community we have scholarly elders say "We are not as bad as the West." In addition to my prior suggestion, we need to stop using the West as a litmus test to contrast how our community is. We also need to get out of the habit of denying what we think is not going on in our community. I mean for God sake's. I also think we need to accept the fact that there are gays in our community and we as individuals need to accept them. We in our private homes may believe what they do is a sin but its a choice nonetheless.

I know when the issue of homosexuality came up here earlier I understand that many of you are definitely homophobic. Realize that this is a choice which for some who are homosexual it is an inherent feeling, much like when a young boy is raised and develops a like for women. In brief I'm merely saying we need to be aware and accept this reality. I'm sorry that for some of you that you see me as talk, talk, talk about the ills in our community. Honestly I'd rather focus on what we can improve rather than going back to the 14th Century and focus on what we did. Honestly in the 21st Century we have not done anything as far as the advancement of the human race.

I'm hoping to change this but first changing us from within. This includes myself! Because I see Muslims as a community when I critique I'm basically using my motivation in hopes to changing our community. To some of the isters you obviously have no idea how many Muslims deny  some of the stuff I bring up. In order to change things in our community we need to have some sort of universal realization going around because there are too many Muslims in denial. My effort is no just about the kids but about everyone.

I cannot sit and say that I'll just work with kids because they all go back home to a family that does not share the same ideas that I'm trying to actualize. In my idea when making change it should be inclusive for all people not just children.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic