IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - On reshaping the emuslim community  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On reshaping the emuslim community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On reshaping the emuslim community
    Posted: 28 November 2006 at 5:40pm

I know some would 'argue' that me giving advice doesn't help the situation but at the same time I can honestly say that I'm doing my part everyday. In essence, I feel deeply that I have the right to stand and say "this is not right!" I've had my nose in the grind and have worked very hard. I know its easy for some here to sit behind a computer and say "we need to change this and that" but none really do anything. I feel personally that because of my profession I'm at an advantage where I can make a direct impact upon all people and that is what I'm striving to do.

I know for some here me bringing up the race issue is becoming redundant but I feel that its an important one nonetheless. I sense that the Muslim community has become blinded by culture rather than reason. We put our cultural issues before our religious ones and to me our 'credibility' if there was one, is slowly going down from within. I mean, I remember discussing with an Imam that in Khutba he should discuss premarital sex. He tells me "Premarital sex is not a popular situation like it is in America" In my head of course I was screaming Bull****

I mean, I personally know guys from my old MSA that have premarital sex and of course when the intellectuals criticize some of the actions within the Muslim community we have scholarly elders say "We are not as bad as the West." In addition to my prior suggestion, we need to stop using the West as a litmus test to contrast how our community is. We also need to get out of the habit of denying what we think is not going on in our community. I mean for God sake's. I also think we need to accept the fact that there are gays in our community and we as individuals need to accept them. We in our private homes may believe what they do is a sin but its a choice nonetheless.

I know when the issue of homosexuality came up here earlier I understand that many of you are definitely homophobic. Realize that this is a choice which for some who are homosexual it is an inherent feeling, much like when a young boy is raised and develops a like for women. In brief I'm merely saying we need to be aware and accept this reality. I'm sorry that for some of you that you see me as talk, talk, talk about the ills in our community. Honestly I'd rather focus on what we can improve rather than going back to the 14th Century and focus on what we did. Honestly in the 21st Century we have not done anything as far as the advancement of the human race.

I'm hoping to change this but first changing us from within. This includes myself! Because I see Muslims as a community when I critique I'm basically using my motivation in hopes to changing our community. To some of the isters you obviously have no idea how many Muslims deny  some of the stuff I bring up. In order to change things in our community we need to have some sort of universal realization going around because there are too many Muslims in denial. My effort is no just about the kids but about everyone.

I cannot sit and say that I'll just work with kids because they all go back home to a family that does not share the same ideas that I'm trying to actualize. In my idea when making change it should be inclusive for all people not just children.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Asalaamu alaikum:

I do agree with sister Herji, We need to be more visible in our communities and participate in good activities. I spent yesterday spooning mashed potatoes onto plates and cleaning up after homeless people at a non denominational non religious organization sponsored meal yesterday with my grand daughters. actually, people asked me if I was cold due to the fact that i was wearing a head scarf and I got a kick out of that! They were surprised to find that I was Muslim! Evidently many Americans are not aware that charity is a very important part of our faith! Inshallah, we could break that stereotype by being more involved in our community activities and let people know that we are a part of their lives!

Bismillah and Salaams,

Ma' Shah Allah!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 5:38pm

Originally posted by aus aus wrote:

How much 'little' should be the force? I think as long as it does not cause permanent damage or disablility, its alright.

peace to all

My point exactly!!!!

peace

Aus

Bismillah and Salaams,

Ideally a little force would be to hit them with a small toothstick (miswak) for egregious behavior, right?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
aus View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 2:44am
How much 'little' should be the force? I think as long as it does not cause permanent damage or disablility, its alright.

peace to all

My point exactly!!!!

peace

Aus
KHILAFA IS THE ANSWER!
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 1:04am

.....one has to use some little physical punishment to instill discpline in the kids.....

Peace to all,

Angel..emphasis is on LITTLE force!

Peace

Aus

aus View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 10:17pm
.....one has to use some little physical punishment to instill discpline in the kids.....

Peace to all,

Angel..emphasis is on LITTLE force!

Peace

Aus
KHILAFA IS THE ANSWER!
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 4:44pm

So when in essence you have to discipline your child here in Kenya using a cane,its a crime in America or Canada...how do u expect to achieve anything when you cant discipline a child???...a child should be directed when its still young,thats when it grasps the basics with zeal and the right grasping mind,even though at a younger age they might not like it..but as a parent,one has to use some little physical punishment to instill discpline in the kids..so..its hard raising kids in such a society where kufr prevails.

First I am NOT against disciplining kids and I do see some kids and teenagers out of control and no manners. I'm not going to go into it but I believe there are other ways of discipling without using such force. Using such force kids learn to associate that with a particular tasks or just learning and it becomes a negative issue & burden were it should not be!. Kids grow up with and then they use it when they're parents and the cycle keeps going on and on until someone puts a stop to it, it is like kids going up in war areas and that is all they get to know and then they use it as adults and wars continue.

That's all, this is another topic.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
aus View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 10:19pm
Peace to all,

Its with hope that i can read the posts,even though some reveals some shocking realities which indeed should be tackled like the issue of race relations,i mean,i have seen somekind of "keep to ourselves" kind of attitude among some arabs and some asians,but i guess here in Kenya its not that astounding as it may be wherever each one of you is,but as muslims we should not even have such kind of talk of "not wanting to associate with this and that" in anyway in anyform whatsoever.Its only the jews who have a doctrine that they should never marry someone outside their fold,and yet the prophet told us that we should be directly quite opposite what the jews do!!!...so!!...anyway.....

In regards to trying to make a difference in the communities wherever you are,you should know that you will be treating the symptoms and not the root problem,you can do as much as you want to do,but if the system directing your lives is not what you fully ascribe to,it will be an exercise in futility.The problem with most of us,we get content quickly,we do something for an orphan and we say "Alhamdulilah" and next day we start ranting about it to everyone that indeed 'i have done somthing"...no,thats not the way,as long as kufr is ruling over you,you should fight by all means to remove the kufr and install a system of islam,a system that will define the economic,social and political scene in a more islamic way.How does it work?

Right now most in the forum might be in America or Canada where the capitalism system thrives,a system where "maslah" is the main principle,to the point that people kill just to make a dollar i.e the the end (dollar) justifies the means (kiilings)"..a system where democracy (which is haram in islam) thrives,where doctrines like freedom,human rights and other sugar coated terms prevail.So when in essence you have to discipline your child here in Kenya using a cane,its a crime in America or Canada...how do u expect to achieve anything when you cant discipline a child???...a child should be directed when its still young,thats when it grasps the basics with zeal and the right grasping mind,even though at a younger age they might not like it..but as a parent,one has to use some little physical punishment to instill discpline in the kids..so..its hard raising kids in such a society where kufr prevails.
Now,we talk of -at-taddaruj,where we say we shall start slowly within our homes,and slowly it will grow and grow and the whole world will become muslimised,,,welll,thats a good thought,but it doesnt hold water,thats creating a ritualistic islam,not an idelogical islam.You can have many people becoming muslims by admiring the ritual culturalistic aspect of islam and not the ideological aspect of islam,yet many of us dont grasp a thing about the ideological aspect of islam,so much so we get soo fast in defending ourselves other than EXPLAINING ourselves!!.What i mean is that,we should use thepath the prophet used,he started at dar-al-arqam...wher he taught the ideological islam to some few sahabahs,by teaching them the main pillar of islam.."la illaha illaalah,muhamad ar-rasululah"..that theres no God but Allah,and that Muhamad is His prophet...when they understood this simple pilar,it was easy for them to apply islam to all aspects of life,from there,the prophet was asked to come out boldly and spread the word of islam,he tok on teh chieftains of quraysh without fear,explaining islam and the concept of one God,and he was taken through hardships together with his sahabahs,but he had his mind set on big things....wher im i heading?..all im saying that the prophet didnt choose to tackle one aspect of the social system at once!!!!..he wanted a system that would tackle all problems at once....thats why he fought to establish an islamic state,he didnt fight drunkards in mecca till he established a state in medina,he didnt fight any other social ills other than talk about it till he established a state etc etc...so as much as we should talk about our societies...we should set our targets high...an ISLAMIC STATE otherwise known as KHILAFAH!.

i bet theres some logic behind my thinking,yet its still a calling from Allah to fight for islam,Allah (swt) says "Answer the call of Allah when He calls you to that which gives you life"

peace

Aus
KHILAFA IS THE ANSWER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic