IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please HELP!!!!!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please HELP!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please HELP!!!!!!!
    Posted: 13 November 2006 at 1:57am

Asalaam Walicum,

I have a huge problem and don�t know how to deal with it. It is driving crazy. My parents are separated because my dad was very abusive and uncaring husband and father. We were never happy living with him. He terrorized the entire family and use to curse all the time. He called my mom names and fought with her all the time. He use to go to places without telling my mom. He didn�t trust my mom at all, even thought we all know she is a decent Muslim lady. She had to talk to his friend on phone to find out where he is and what he was up to. While doing that she started to talk to one of his friend, who was helping my mom with the information about him.

My mom doesn�t have any family members here to help her out. My dad�s side�s family doesn�t want to help or support her even when they know she is right. They take my dad�s side no matter what he does. He hasn�t given child support or any kind of money ever since he has left and its been 5 years. She works 7 days week to support the 4 children. I can�t work because I�m full time college student and the other reason is that my dad won�t all it.

OK, now the problem is that she started to talk to one of his friends about him and learned that my dad is talking bad about my mom with his friends and saying things about her that aren�t true. And his friend also told my mom that he has said that he has divorced her by saying �talak� 3 times. ( I�m not sure how that works). My mom started to like my dad�s friend because he is very kind hearted. He talks respectfully and supports her. She is talking about him everyday and discussing the  possibilities of marrying him. We, children, mom, and dad�s friend, went out to dinner. And we all got along well. We all had fun.

But I am not sure how this is all suppose to work. I don�t know what to tell my mom. I sometimes get mad whenever she talks about him or about marrying or when she talks on the phone with him, even though I told my self that she deserves this, she is not doing anything wrong. I sometimes talk back at her. I don�t like this at all. I don�t want to worry about these kinds of things and there is no one to talk about this with. I am going to really go crazy. Now these days she is talking to him at 3:00 in the morning and that does  make me mad. I asked her why she did that. She told me that he called her to wake her up namaz. And she also sometimes closes the door when she talks to him. She told me that he wants to marry her and live with the kids. His family, which consists of two daughters and a sick wife, is back home and he is here on visit visa or something. I need help. I don�t know how to deal with my mom. All she has is me to talk to and I am making it worst by making her feel bad. We are all afraid what will happen when our dad will find out what we are up to. I don�t know who to talk to about this, SO PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME. I can�t pay attention to my studies at all. It is affecting my education and my relationship with my mom. She is my best friends I don�t want to loose her.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 9:37am
I suggest that you speak with an Imaam in your community.  Request that he speak with the man who contacts your mom to advise him to stop.  The Imaam can also assist your mom with a proper divorce, because based on what you have said it does not appear that she is divorced.  Your mom has allowed herself to fall into a trap of Satan and needs your help to now get back upon the correct path.  It is totally inappropriate for this man to court her in the manner you have mentioned.  Also ask the Imaam to be very discreet in his approach because your dad is know to be violent.  Likely the man speaking with your mom has fallen prey to emotional infidelity and unless he stops will distroy his own marriage.  This is a very dangerous situation and you need to take action.  Don't be afraid to speak firmly but nicely to your mom.  She will thank you for it later.  You are a good daughter and may Allah reward you.  Do not allow this to continue.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 10:35am

I think you are in a tricky place because I am sure she feels alone and in need of support. This often leads people to find support where and when we can get it, even if, in the long run, it is not the best way or place.

Does she have any other friends to appeal to gor help? The imman is a good idea.

Where do you live? I agree she should look to getting things worked out with you dad-- like getting divorced.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 4:54pm

I am non muslim so in this situation I don't have any islamic advise but to see an imman.

I think your mum is falling for, for the fact that this man is giving her kind attention after a horrible situation, there is nothing wrong with that in itself. But the problem is many women fall for this and mistake it for love or true love, like they are in love and do what your mother is doing, talking, thinking etc all the time.  But it is the good feeling that has risen, and the euphorer of it all, she is feeling good also about herself but it maybe false, she needs to find the things that make her feel good outside of this and not being dependent on another, and have time and space to deal with the stuff that has happened with your father, I don't think she has had time to deal with much.

I believe what your mother is going thru is normal but I think she needs to know what is happening, is she falling for him for the fact that this man has paid kind and supportive attention more so than anything?   

Also, I think the man maybe or not realise what he is doing either, he has a sick wife and sometimes after a long time it gets to you and want to break away not for the fact you have lost any love or caring.

Anyway, not sure if this helps, food for thought maybe?    

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
candid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 9:11pm

I second what abuayisha has said. She should divorce your father as early as possible. If polygamy is not legal in your country, then perhaps, your mother should wait.

I know its a difficult situation for you. If other comes to know it will affect the reputation of the whole family in the Muslim community (or perhaps, hopefully, it doesn't matter where you live).

Edited by candid
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 4:34am
The man has said he divorced her in front of wittnesses, not to mention he's been gone 5 years..... why would the sister not be divorced? 
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

The man has said he divorced her in front of wittnesses, not to mention he's been gone 5 years..... why would the sister not be divorced? 

Salaams and Bismillah,

Dear Sister Abeer, We agree!  How about that?

A woman in your mom's situation is vulnerable.  Sweet talk is cheap when someone wants something.  But when they get it, it can become unavailable.  Now, this brother could be genuinely kind and loving and patient.  As our friend of Muslims points out, is polygamy legal where you live?  They may choose to marry eventually even so. 

You need to take deep breaths and maybe exercise to get rid of some stress.  Keep steady on your goals and remember that you should pay attention to your mom and encourage good behavior, but you shouldn't worry constantly about something when you've done everything you can to contribute to the resolution of the difficulty.

If your mom had your friendly company more often and more conversation and talk with you, maybe she would avoid late-night talks with this man and stick to daylight hours and have conversations in which she can leave the door open.  And we shouldn't assume that she is closing the door for a haram reason. ISA she is rightly guided and there is nothing to worry about.

Salaams

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by saima saima wrote:

Asalaam Walicum,

I have a huge problem and don�t know how to deal with it. It is driving crazy. My parents are separated because my dad was very abusive and uncaring husband and father. We were never happy living with him. He terrorized the entire family and use to curse all the time. He called my mom names and fought with her all the time. He use to go to places without telling my mom. He didn�t trust my mom at all, even thought we all know she is a decent Muslim lady. She had to talk to his friend on phone to find out where he is and what he was up to. While doing that she started to talk to one of his friend, who was helping my mom with the information about him.

My mom doesn�t have any family members here to help her out. My dad�s side�s family doesn�t want to help or support her even when they know she is right. They take my dad�s side no matter what he does. He hasn�t given child support or any kind of money ever since he has left and its been 5 years. She works 7 days week to support the 4 children. I can�t work because I�m full time college student and the other reason is that my dad won�t all it.

OK, now the problem is that she started to talk to one of his friends about him and learned that my dad is talking bad about my mom with his friends and saying things about her that aren�t true. And his friend also told my mom that he has said that he has divorced her by saying �talak� 3 times. ( I�m not sure how that works). My mom started to like my dad�s friend because he is very kind hearted. He talks respectfully and supports her. She is talking about him everyday and discussing the  possibilities of marrying him. We, children, mom, and dad�s friend, went out to dinner. And we all got along well. We all had fun.

But I am not sure how this is all suppose to work. I don�t know what to tell my mom. I sometimes get mad whenever she talks about him or about marrying or when she talks on the phone with him, even though I told my self that she deserves this, she is not doing anything wrong. I sometimes talk back at her. I don�t like this at all. I don�t want to worry about these kinds of things and there is no one to talk about this with. I am going to really go crazy. Now these days she is talking to him at 3:00 in the morning and that does  make me mad. I asked her why she did that. She told me that he called her to wake her up namaz. And she also sometimes closes the door when she talks to him. She told me that he wants to marry her and live with the kids. His family, which consists of two daughters and a sick wife, is back home and he is here on visit visa or something. I need help. I don�t know how to deal with my mom. All she has is me to talk to and I am making it worst by making her feel bad. We are all afraid what will happen when our dad will find out what we are up to. I don�t know who to talk to about this, SO PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME. I can�t pay attention to my studies at all. It is affecting my education and my relationship with my mom. She is my best friends I don�t want to loose her.

What city or state you live in? If I assume your are in the US;
I think your mom needs to file for and get an official divorce and also get the child support for the under age siblings(what are their ages?) of yours as soon as possible. The divorce papers will set some guidelines for the any relationship links with your father( 3 Talak doesn't hold water in here).

About the man your mom is talking and wants to marry; she needs to understand the legal implications for filing for his immigration paperwork after they are married if he is not divorced from his current wife. They  might be a good target for prosecution under the anti bigamy clause.
What country is he from?
He might be setting your mom up for a green card and then dump her.
There nothing wrong to make your mom feel bad the way she behaving as a Muslim?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic